PowerMaster models

@Tek: do you got some information to share with us? I got a PowerMaster 30 too and trying to things working. Any dump/output of the protocol is welcome.

Support for the PowerMaster models would be very nice. Im looking at replacing my current “rent-alarm-system” and have the PowerMaster models at the top of my list for a few different reasons. I’ll be following this thread closely.

been away for holiday for a while, Rhodos - Greece… :slight_smile: so have not played With this the last weeks.

picking up my micasaverde vera lite tomorrow and will probably continiue where i stoppe in the evening.

uAlex73 has made some progress in the meantime. It appears that the sensors normally don’t transmit status changes to the panel when the system is disarmed (probably to save battery life). So you first need to reprogram the sensors to transmit status changes even when the system is disarmed.

That is the same conclusion i came to, With using the powermax app it automatically identified my system as powermaster 30 and created the 1 partition (the only active). When using powerlink mode i god lua startup failure, communication error.
If forcing Stadard mode, it Works so far.

I am able to read out door/window sensors With the current app if i reload after triggering a Device even if not system is armed home/away.

Can you send me the crash log file and the LuaUPnp.log file for the PowerLink case?

here you go, luaupnp.log

the crash file, where can i locate that?

Been testing some more, if using standard mode over powerlink, i can manually enable Devices and get status updates from sensors when reloading.
If i use powerlink mode, i am not able to get status updates before arming the system.

Alex / nlrb, mentioned that i had to enable status updates even if system was not armed, any hints? can`t find a Place for that in the CP

The log file does not contain enough history to see what caused it. The crash log file should be in the same directory as the LuaUPnP.log file. You can also retrieve it via the web interface (see topic on plugin version 1.1).

Most likely the plugin crashes when it tries to interpret information from the panel memory. The memory layout looks to be different for the PowerMaster.

I`ve tested some more and have also shared the information With Alexie so he can continiue to test from his side.
The summary so far is

The motion detection sensors normally dont transmit, i did not find out where to look before Alexie pointed me in the correct direction.
It is stated under the manual for the sensor itself, a setting “DISARM Activity” -
Optional settings: NOT Active (default), YES ? no delay, YES + 5s delay, YES + 15s delay, YES + 30s
delay, YES + 1m delay, YES + 2m delay, YES + 5m delay, YES + 10m delay, YES + 20m delay and
YES + 60m delay.

but it does not look like the same setting exists for the door/window contacts.

The protocoll is backward compatible to read out the status from door/window contacts, but CP does not push the info by itself when using stantard mode, but when reloading mios it reads out the current state. I`ve turned on debugging to see what commands i sent to the CP to get the Reading back.

I`ll also try to debug why the luup crash when using PL mode, but it is probably as you think nlrb that there is some New/different information.

Despite that visonic have told others that they will never release a PL module for the PM30 since they do not prioritise Home users it looks like something is coming.
I got hands on some info from my dealer that Visonic will release a IP/Broadband module for the PM30 in 2013.
And the same information is now stated on Visonic`s webpage. CMS, Mobile App & Comm. Solutions | IP Security Cameras | Visonic Wireless Security

I’m considering the PowerMaster-10. I assume the current status for reading the status messages is the same as for the 30 model?

The latest version in the trunk has initial support for PowerMaster models. But please note that there are still a number of limitations.

[ul][li]all zones will be created in PowerLink mode, as we don’t know yet how to determine which zone is enrolled or not[/li]
[li]event log will not be correct[/li]
[li]sensor status will likely not be communicated by a sensor when the panel is disarmed[/li]
[li]probably other stuff as testing has only been very limited so far[/li][/ul]

[quote=“nlrb, post:31, topic:174577”]The latest version in the trunk has initial support for PowerMaster models. But please note that there are still a number of limitations.

[ul][li]all zones will be created in PowerLink mode, as we don’t know yet how to determine which zone is enrolled or not[/li]
[li]event log will not be correct[/li]
[li]sensor status will likely not be communicated by a sensor when the panel is disarmed[/li]
[li]probably other stuff as testing has only been very limited so far[/li][/ul][/quote]
Thanks for the update. I will hang tight and follow the progress. Is there any thread to follow, except this one, where the development is discussed?

I now am a proud owner of a Vera controller and again starting to look at buying an alarm system. Has there been any progress the latest month with this plugin?

The development of the plugin has been progressing, but unfortunately not the part of the PowerMaster support. I haven’t heard from the testers and I don’t have a model myself to play with.

Is there a changelog where one can follow the progress in detail?

Would it help if I got the alarm and supported you with testing?

For the moment, can the plugin detect arm/disarm and if an alarm is triggered? I would benefit from some selling points for the missus. :wink:

Each svn version has the list of changes in the changelog. Once a version is released I always add a summary of the changes.

Yes, definitely :D.

Yes, it detects arm/disarm and you can also do a arm/disarm via the plugin. It also detects when an alarm is triggered.

Each svn version has the list of changes in the changelog. Once a version is released I always add a summary of the changes.

Yes, definitely :D.

Yes, it detects arm/disarm and you can also do a arm/disarm via the plugin. It also detects when an alarm is triggered.[/quote]
Perfect, it’s a good start to be able to trigger scenes when you enter/leave the house.

I will send you a PM to make sure I get the correct gear.

Hello everybody, I have an off-topic question.

I don’t have a Vera box but I will buy a powermaster 30 alarm soon.
I would to interact with my alarm through an arduino (only status : armed or not).

Do you think it will be possible ?
Whats the name of the connection you use between vera and powermaster, is it a RS232 ?

As I said it is really off-topic but after a lot of internet research this topis is the closest I found…
Thanks a lot

Have a look at [url=http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewforum.php?f=68]Visonic Alarm systems - Home Automation Domotica Forum Europe, Bwired Forum.

Is it likely that we will be able to use the motion sensors in the future? Now they are not active when the alarm is disarmed?