1.94 release notes
Changes and additions vs version 1.87
Add handling of these devices:
Novy extractor hood
- Dolat DLM-1, Topstar
- HQ Lighting
- Oase InScenio
- IT (FA500, PROmax, …)
- Lighting4 protocol switches (see below)
- Davis rain sensor
- Inovally plant humidity
- RM17xRF smoke sensors
Thanks to a suggestion by reneboer in the forum, added code to make the slider for window cover devices (blinds/awnings) fairly functional. To make use of the slider:
- Window cover devices should now have a new variable MaxMoveTime. The value of this variable defaults to 10 seconds. It should be set to the time it takes for the blind/shade/awning to go from completely closed to completely open. Once that is set, moving the slider will hopefully command the blind to travel from its current position to the desired position (percentage of full travel) based on the percentage of the full travel time. It won’t be precise but should be a good approximation. I don’t have any motorized window covers with which to test this functionality properly. I hope that the users can provide feedback.
There are now additional Somfy/RTS devices. The idea is to have controls in the UI appropriate for different types of devices: US Venetian blinds, European Venetian blinds, Somfy and ASA awnings.
The plugin can now control light switches using the Lighting4 protocol. I believe there are a number of these available on Amazon. I’ve purchased two different brands of these switches (Denwenwils HRS101B and BN-LINK ES1513U-1) and can confirm that they work well and are pretty inexpensive.
To add devices like this follow these steps:
- In the Protocol setting tab of the RFXtrx enable only the Lighting4 protocol. You don’t need to save this protocol setup permanently.
- In the New device tab select the Lighting4 category, give it a name, and click Create.
- Once the new device appears in the devices page of the Vera, using the remote that came with the switch, click the On button
- Then click the Off button
- Now you should be able to go to the Advanced tab of the new device, click the Variables tab. You should see the correct values for the OnCode, OffCode and SigPeriod variables. The default values for these variables are G, G, and 100. These are not valid values for the OnCode and Offcode and should now have been changed to the correct values. If they’ve been updated you should now be able to control the switch with the remote OR with the Vera UI for the device.
All of the plugin files are included in the attached ZIP file. The files that are new or have changed are:
Once you’ve unzipped the ZIP file, the files you need can be uploaded using the Vera -> Apps -> Develop apps -> Luup files -> upload. Keep in mind that icon files (.png) cannot be uploaded this way. The easiest way to upload them is to use WinSCP to upload them to /www/cmh/skins/default/icons/
RFXtrxPlugIn1.94.zip (143.4 KB)