Plugin: Solar Meter, universal Solar Production meter

Hi, does anyone know why

This week kWh is alway ZERO (0)
and
This month kWh is always ZERO (0)

While the rest is perfectly working! please Check screenshot.

???

[quote=“reneboer, post:88, topic:198939”][quote=“d55m14, post:87, topic:198939”][quote=“reneboer, post:69, topic:198939”][quote=“pukka, post:68, topic:198939”]could we add support for solax 2 inverters?

Paul[/quote]
Hi Paul,

Can you see if this request works on your inverter http://local ip address of inverter/api/realTimeData.htm

Then I have an idea of the interface.

Cheers Rene[/quote]
Hi Rene,

The solax ip address is the local lan ip address or the solax Wi-Fi
ip address (11.11.11.1) ?

Tnks
Donato[/quote]
Hi Donato,

It should be the address that your Vera can reach over your local LAN I assume.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Hi,

I’ve tried with a Solax X1 Single Phase and I can get the inverter and battery data but on a Solax X3 three Phases I get a prompt asking for a user/psw . I’ve tried many combination of user/psw included admin/admin but with no luck.

Did anyone experience this ?

tnks

donato

Hi,
Nice app thanks. the production data works well for Enphase.
are you able to get the consumption data to show for the Enphase system.

the local web page for enphase shows both production and consumption

[quote=“dJOS, post:100, topic:198939”]Hi Rene, I appreciate where you are coming from - it’d be great if it was just a config option to switch between solar system and energy monitoring only systems. There’s likely plenty of folk in apartments etc who would love to use your plugin but dont have or cant get solar but would love to see their energy consumption in Vera.

I’d love to add to your code and give back to others, but I cant program to save myself. :([/quote]
Are there other options then from PVOut to show real energy consumption? I have my (Dutch) smart meter that shows what I pull from or push back to the Net (I created a plugin for that too), but nothing that shows my real consumption. I can look to see if I can create a PVOut consumption option too. Give me some time and I’ll post a version for you to test.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“fitch.ray, post:103, topic:198939”]Hi,
Nice app thanks. the production data works well for Enphase.
are you able to get the consumption data to show for the Enphase system.

the local web page for enphase shows both production and consumption[/quote]
Hi Ray,

My Enphase does not show this data. I only see solar production. I know the Enphase API has some values for consumption, but I am not clear how those are used. I am also worried about the number of API requests it would all need, just getting the solar production each 15 minutes is close to the limit. Those requests are quite limited for the free account. I would have to research a bit more.

Cheers Rene

OK, so I am a noob, I have Envoy IQ from Enphase, and had 3 microinverters bad, did not know it for 3 months, great vendor I have, because the ENVOY does not show the ENVOY_23456 wifi signal at all.

So how do I make this API work, what do I need to use it.?

Thanks

Hi,

Have you tried the instructions on the GitHub page? [url=https://github.com/reneboer/vera-SolarMeter]https://github.com/reneboer/vera-SolarMeter[/url]

Cheers Rene

Hi,
Does anyone knows why

This week: not showing/zero KWH
This month: not showing/zero KWH

And If you know also how to fix it
 you are the amazing!

Attached screenshot for details.

Thank you
Flavio

Hi Flavio,

The Fronius solar converter does not provide those values. This being a plugin for different solar systems where some reports day, week, year, total, and others just two or three of those, it will show zero for the values not reported. The Vera UI does not allow to dynamically show or hide what is supported so I cannot hide what a converter does not report on.

I could see if I can add logic where week would show the sum of the last seven reported day values and month for the last 30 days. If people like that I can add it to the pile of todo’s for this plugin. But at the moment I do not have much time to build new versions.

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene,
Thank you for your quick, clear and precise answer!

Absolutely, if U have time, if people want it, etc

Is there a way to vote/promote/donate/
etc
 for specific improvements?

Btw, not having a proper smart meter installed (~250 aud), I would use it as

• an indication of my production
    (Your app is more accurate that the Fronius solar web, I have a case open with Fronius, they admitted it, see attachments)
  • a rough estimate/indication of the kwh my provider has to pay me back in my monthly bill (removing my consumption)
  • a check to the Fronius solar web , that for now is not tracking the right production!!
  • .etc

Thank you again and in any case!
Ciao Flavio.

Hi,

Just release version 1.5. This will calculate the WeeklyKWH as well as the MonthlyKWH for converters not provided that data. Note that for the weekly KWH to be correct you have to have this new version running for seven days. For monthly it calculates from the first of the month, so it will be correct from the 1st on.

Cheers Rene

PS: I do not have the time to add more converter brands at this moment. Will take a month or two.

THANK YOU!!!
Where can I donate/support? :wink:

[quote=“flavio.broma, post:112, topic:198939”]THANK YOU!!!
Where can I donate/support? ;)[/quote]
Your welcome. You can donate to your favorite charity.

Cheers Rene.

This sounds really interesting,

I have solarman logging

@reneboer have you been able to progress this further to work with solar man, it would be great if possible. Thanks

@reneboer - how would I add TWO of these? I have two different solar arrays with two different monitoring platforms (SolarEdge and Enphase) - You helped me get two different “devices” to work, but trying to see if i can do the same thing with your app.
Thanks!
p.s. your old apps transferred over to home assistant via Vera integration. This new one doesn’t (at least in my install) - RIP! :wink:

[quote=“blahblahblah, post:115, topic:198939”]@reneboer - how would I add TWO of these? I have two different solar arrays with two different monitoring platforms (SolarEdge and Enphase) - You helped me get two different “devices” to work, but trying to see if i can do the same thing with your app.
Thanks!
p.s. your old apps transferred over to home assistant via Vera integration. This new one doesn’t (at least in my install) - RIP! ;)[/quote]
Hi,

In the My Apps list select the Solar Meter app and click the Create another should do the tick.

Cheers Rene

Wondering if this app supports my PV System. Not sure what the name is, but the logs are are located at https://solarnoc.datareadings.com. It’s an “older” system, about 7 years old. I can see hourly activity, both PV generation and household usage.

this would be great to integrate into my Vera system.

thanks

[quote=“XA44Owq26HxCq88, post:117, topic:198939”]Wondering if this app supports my PV System. Not sure what the name is, but the logs are are located at https://solarnoc.datareadings.com. It’s an “older” system, about 7 years old. I can see hourly activity, both PV generation and household usage.

this would be great to integrate into my Vera system.

thanks[/quote]
Hi, do you think this is the API that goes with it? [url=https://developer.locusenergy.com/#introduction]Locus Energy v3 API Reference If so I can have a look.

Cheers Rene

Rene,

It sure looks like the same logo that comes up when I log on. Beyond that, my skills are lacking.

thanks, this would be great!

Any update on integrating solarman (Afore) ?