Plugin: Solar Meter, universal Solar Production meter

[quote=“kwieto, post:79, topic:198939”]OK, should I install Solar Meter first?
I have to check from where I can get login/password, as within the app I have on my phone (Solarman) adding inverter is done by scanning the QR code attached to it, so I was not provided with such data.

And I’m still waiting for energy company to make proper setup on their side, It can take another two weeks :([/quote]
No, this runs standalone just executing some of the URL requests I think are needed so I can see what comes back.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“dJOS, post:80, topic:198939”][quote=“dJOS, post:77, topic:198939”]How do I get this data fed to the Energy section of my Vera Plus?

NVM, I think I found it![/quote]

Hi Rene, I set the whole house consumption sensor as “solar metre” but even after half a day I’m not seeing anything come thru into the Vera energy reporting, am I missing something?[/quote]
Is it the Vera’s own Ergy you are using for that? I am staying away from that with all the issues reported. So, don’t know how that would work. For DataMine I think it only uses the Watts values from energy meters. As that value in this plugin is for the Solar production, it cannot be used for something else.

[quote=“reneboer”][quote=“dJOS, post:80, topic:198939”][quote=“dJOS, post:77, topic:198939”]How do I get this data fed to the Energy section of my Vera Plus?

Hi Rene, I set the whole house consumption sensor as “solar metre” but even after half a day I’m not seeing anything come thru into the Vera energy reporting, am I missing something?[/quote]
Is it the Vera’s own Ergy you are using for that? I am staying away from that with all the issues reported. So, don’t know how that would work. For DataMine I think it only uses the Watts values from energy meters. As that value in this plugin is for the Solar production, it cannot be used for something else.[/quote]If data are stored as variable, then Data Mine will track them. I have a plugin to which I added some additional variables updated via a scene and Data Mine tracks them without problems

[quote=“reneboer, post:82, topic:198939”][quote=“dJOS, post:80, topic:198939”][quote=“dJOS, post:77, topic:198939”]How do I get this data fed to the Energy section of my Vera Plus?

Is it the Vera’s own Ergy you are using for that? I am staying away from that with all the issues reported. So, don’t know how that would work. For DataMine I think it only uses the Watts values from energy meters. As that value in this plugin is for the Solar production, it cannot be used for something else.[/quote]

Howdy, I haven’t looked into other energy reporting options, is datamine the best one for presenting energy generation and consumption via Vera?

[quote=“dJOS, post:84, topic:198939”][quote=“reneboer, post:82, topic:198939”][quote=“dJOS, post:80, topic:198939”][quote=“dJOS, post:77, topic:198939”]How do I get this data fed to the Energy section of my Vera Plus?

Is it the Vera’s own Ergy you are using for that? I am staying away from that with all the issues reported. So, don’t know how that would work. For DataMine I think it only uses the Watts values from energy meters. As that value in this plugin is for the Solar production, it cannot be used for something else.[/quote]

Howdy, I haven’t looked into other energy reporting options, is datamine the best one for presenting energy generation and consumption via Vera?[/quote]
With DatMine2 you can get reporting for nearly any Vera variable, and now I look at it you can include any for the Energy Monitoring overview graphs. I thought it was only Watts variables, but it does not look to be limited to that.

Cheers Rene

Hi,

Datayours too from akbooer can archive any Vera variable . I’m using it very extensively and it’s very stable, flexible. It can run with Openluup (from akbooer) on any system platform.

donato

[quote=“reneboer, post:69, topic:198939”][quote=“pukka, post:68, topic:198939”]could we add support for solax 2 inverters?

Paul[/quote]
Hi Paul,

Can you see if this request works on your inverter http://local ip address of inverter/api/realTimeData.htm

Then I have an idea of the interface.

Cheers Rene[/quote]
Hi Rene,

The solax ip address is the local lan ip address or the solax Wi-Fi
ip address (11.11.11.1) ?

Tnks
Donato

[quote=“d55m14, post:87, topic:198939”][quote=“reneboer, post:69, topic:198939”][quote=“pukka, post:68, topic:198939”]could we add support for solax 2 inverters?

Paul[/quote]
Hi Paul,

Can you see if this request works on your inverter http://local ip address of inverter/api/realTimeData.htm

Then I have an idea of the interface.

Cheers Rene[/quote]
Hi Rene,

The solax ip address is the local lan ip address or the solax Wi-Fi
ip address (11.11.11.1) ?

Tnks
Donato[/quote]
Hi Donato,

It should be the address that your Vera can reach over your local LAN I assume.

Cheers Rene

As far as i know the solax units do not run a web server. They just post to the solax2 portal, some units also support modbus

Paul

[quote=“reneboer, post:85, topic:198939”]With DatMine2 you can get reporting for nearly any Vera variable, and now I look at it you can include any for the Energy Monitoring overview graphs. I thought it was only Watts variables, but it does not look to be limited to that.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Hi Rene, so I had a look at datamine2 and tbh it’s massive overkill for my needs and not very intuitive - I just want to have my whole house energy consumption show up in the Vera energy tab and solar generation too once I get my system in the next month or so.

Is there aynway you can just fix Solar Meter so that when it’s setup in the energy profile as the “device for total consumption” it just works?

[quote=“dJOS, post:90, topic:198939”][quote=“reneboer, post:85, topic:198939”]With DatMine2 you can get reporting for nearly any Vera variable, and now I look at it you can include any for the Energy Monitoring overview graphs. I thought it was only Watts variables, but it does not look to be limited to that.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Hi Rene, so I had a look at datamine2 and tbh it’s massive overkill for my needs and not very intuitive - I just want to have my whole house energy consumption show up in the Vera energy tab and solar generation too once I get my system in the next month or so.

Is there aynway you can just fix Solar Meter so that when it’s setup in the energy profile as the “device for total consumption” it just works?[/quote]
HI,

You will have to make your own modifications as else it will brake the functions for what this plugin is designed for. Feel free to duplicate the code to a PVOut totals reporting using the Watts variable. You cannot have two Watts variables in one plugin.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:78, topic:198939”]Can you upload the script below to your Vera. Then in the Test LUA code window run this with your user ID and password:

local sol = require "L_Base1" sol.fetch("userid","password") [/quote]

I’ve tried, but I’ve got “failed to test code” error.
It seems that something is wrong with the second line. as user ID I put login, which is an e-mail address (special character “@”) and passwors is a set of numbers and letters, also with special characters. But I’ve did a test putting random ID and password (letters and/or numbers) and got the same error, so probably the issue is somewhere else.

My solar station is now fully operational and I’m getting readings in the app

[quote=“RHCPNG, post:5, topic:198939”]Is it maybe possible to add Ginlong/Solis to this plugin? Else I will need to add an extra component to my setup and that?s not ideal.

This link is probably helpful:
https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7941[/quote]

Hi Rene,

Is it possible to create a service for Ginlong? I now use pvoutput in combination with a script on my NAS, but this is very buggy. I would like to remove this “middleware” from the equation.

It seems doable, but I’m not very good with luup.

[quote=“RHCPNG, post:93, topic:198939”][quote=“RHCPNG, post:5, topic:198939”]Is it maybe possible to add Ginlong/Solis to this plugin? Else I will need to add an extra component to my setup and that?s not ideal.

Hi Rene,

Is it possible to create a service for Ginlong? I now use pvoutput in combination with a script on my NAS, but this is very buggy. I would like to remove this “middleware” from the equation.

It seems doable, but I’m not very good with luup.[/quote]
I’ll put it on the to do list.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“kwieto, post:92, topic:198939”][quote=“reneboer, post:78, topic:198939”]Can you upload the script below to your Vera. Then in the Test LUA code window run this with your user ID and password:

local sol = require "L_Base1" sol.fetch("userid","password") [/quote]

I’ve tried, but I’ve got “failed to test code” error.
It seems that something is wrong with the second line. as user ID I put login, which is an e-mail address (special character “@”) and passwors is a set of numbers and letters, also with special characters. But I’ve did a test putting random ID and password (letters and/or numbers) and got the same error, so probably the issue is somewhere else.

My solar station is now fully operational and I’m getting readings in the app[/quote]
Can you send me a PM with the details of http://your vera ip/test.log ? As indicated the code is still untested and based on a fair number of assumptions. The log file will tell me where the problems might be. It will require a number of back and forth.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:94, topic:198939”][quote=“RHCPNG, post:93, topic:198939”][quote=“RHCPNG, post:5, topic:198939”]Is it maybe possible to add Ginlong/Solis to this plugin? Else I will need to add an extra component to my setup and that?s not ideal.

Hi Rene,

It seems doable, but I’m not very good with luup.[/quote]
I’ll put it on the to do list.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Thanks, Rene!

No problem, I’m ready for testing. The problem is that I’ve got error 404 when trying to obtain log, so it seems that there wasn’t created any (probably due to the error in code?).

No problem, I’m ready for testing. The problem is that I’ve got error 404 when trying to obtain log, so it seems that there wasn’t created any (probably due to the error in code?).[/quote]
Ok, I’ll have to look but cannot do that the coming few weeks. I’ll let you know.

Cheers Rene

No problem, I can wait :slight_smile:

[quote=“reneboer, post:91, topic:198939”][quote=“dJOS, post:90, topic:198939”][quote=“reneboer, post:85, topic:198939”]With DatMine2 you can get reporting for nearly any Vera variable, and now I look at it you can include any for the Energy Monitoring overview graphs. I thought it was only Watts variables, but it does not look to be limited to that.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Is there aynway you can just fix Solar Meter so that when it’s setup in the energy profile as the “device for total consumption” it just works?[/quote]
HI,

You will have to make your own modifications as else it will brake the functions for what this plugin is designed for. Feel free to duplicate the code to a PVOut totals reporting using the Watts variable. You cannot have two Watts variables in one plugin.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Hi Rene, I appreciate where you are coming from - it’d be great if it was just a config option to switch between solar system and energy monitoring only systems. There’s likely plenty of folk in apartments etc who would love to use your plugin but dont have or cant get solar but would love to see their energy consumption in Vera.

I’d love to add to your code and give back to others, but I cant program to save myself. :frowning:

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2021 Ezlo Innovation, All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules