Plugin: Solar Meter, universal Solar Production meter

Aha, yes I ran into the daily limit for the Enphase portal as well. Reducing polling is the only thing that helps yes.

I will see if I can handle that situation.

Cheers Rene

Rene, any chance you can fix the issues with pulling whole-of-house power consumption from PVO please?

Im happy to test for you. 8)

Maybe polling at night can be stopped if 2 successive polls show zero. Or 2 hours after sunset?
BTW: how is day/night determined in the plugin?

Any chance to add Afore inverters to the scope?
My solar system should be operational next week, and then I can do some testing if necessary.

The company which installed the system set up a “solarman” app on the phone to allow me monitoring It looks like this is third party software so maybe the integration will be easy?

[quote=“vera4reak, post:63, topic:198939”]Maybe polling at night can be stopped if 2 successive polls show zero. Or 2 hours after sunset?
BTW: how is day/night determined in the plugin?[/quote]
It uses the luup.is_night function for that.

I optimized polling so it will not poll at night, between sunset and sunrise. It will save up to about 5 polls on summer days were I live, but more is you are closer to the equator, or during the winter.

My system is positioned perfectly south and starts producing right at sunrise and until sunset, well on a sunny day, so I build in some margin, one poll after sunset and starting again half a poll time before sunrise.

Upload the lua file to your system and let me know. This version also handles PVout without any solar values. The other values are not on the screen, but in variables.

If it works for you I will push this to the Mios and ALTUI app stores.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“kwieto, post:64, topic:198939”]Any chance to add Afore inverters to the scope?
My solar system should be operational next week, and then I can do some testing if necessary.

The company which installed the system set up a “solarman” app on the phone to allow me monitoring It looks like this is third party software so maybe the integration will be easy?[/quote]
These systems require a specific login sequence and return XML, without some true trial and error testing I would not know how to get it working.

Cheers Rene

I can run tests, no problem.
Just tell me what kind of testing is to be perfromed

could we add support for solax 2 inverters?

Paul

[quote=“pukka, post:68, topic:198939”]could we add support for solax 2 inverters?

Paul[/quote]
Hi Paul,

Can you see if this request works on your inverter http://local ip address of inverter/api/realTimeData.htm

Then I have an idea of the interface.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“kwieto, post:67, topic:198939”]I can run tests, no problem.
Just tell me what kind of testing is to be perfromed[/quote]
I have to build some basic function to get it going and that will take some time. I will let you know.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“dJOS, post:62, topic:198939”]Rene, any chance you can fix the issues with pulling whole-of-house power consumption from PVO please?

Im happy to test for you. 8)[/quote]

Rene?

[quote=“dJOS, post:71, topic:198939”][quote=“dJOS, post:62, topic:198939”]Rene, any chance you can fix the issues with pulling whole-of-house power consumption from PVO please?

Im happy to test for you. 8)[/quote]

Rene?[/quote]
See my update of the 22nd above.

Thanks Rene, as mentioned, Im happy to help with testing, even giving you access to my PVO Api key etc. 8)

Thanks Rene, as mentioned, Im happy to help with testing, even giving you access to my PVO Api key etc. 8)[/quote]
No need as I have PVOut running as well. “Upload the lua file to your system and let me know. This version also handles PVout without any solar values. The other values are not on the screen, but in variables.” You should see the consumption values as variables. I will not add them to the UI as this is still a plugin for Solar Panels.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:74, topic:198939”]No need as I have PVOut running as well. “Upload the lua file to your system and let me know. This version also handles PVout without any solar values. The other values are not on the screen, but in variables.” You should see the consumption values as variables. I will not add them to the UI as this is still a plugin for Solar Panels.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Ok I think we are making progress! 8)

It’s connecting and Im getting “updates” now at 5 min intervals (as I configured it), just not seeing any consumption figures come thru.

Power: 0 W 
Today: 0 KWh 
This Week: 0 KWh 
This Month: 0 KWh 
This Year: 0 KWh 
Lifetime Energy : 0 KWh 
Last Update : 20:10 26 Jun 

Have a look at the Variables tab. The values will be in there.

Nice work, definitely getting some data now: 8)

PV_EnergyConsumption 20320 PV_PowerConsumption 1441 PV_NormalisedOutput NaN PV_Temperature 20.7

How do I get this data fed to the Energy section of my Vera Plus?

NVM, I think I found it!

[quote=“kwieto, post:67, topic:198939”]I can run tests, no problem.
Just tell me what kind of testing is to be perfromed[/quote]
Hi kwieto,
I have build some basic script to start testing for the SolarMan inverters based on some things I could find for other HA platforms. Can you upload the script below to your Vera. Then in the Test LUA code window run this with your user ID and password:

local sol = require "L_Base1" 
sol.fetch("userid","password")

The send me a PM with the output that you can view by pointing your browser at : http://your vera ip/test.log

Cheers Rene

OK, should I install Solar Meter first?
I have to check from where I can get login/password, as within the app I have on my phone (Solarman) adding inverter is done by scanning the QR code attached to it, so I was not provided with such data.

And I’m still waiting for energy company to make proper setup on their side, It can take another two weeks :frowning:

[quote=“dJOS, post:77, topic:198939”]How do I get this data fed to the Energy section of my Vera Plus?

NVM, I think I found it![/quote]

Hi Rene, I set the whole house consumption sensor as “solar metre” but even after half a day I’m not seeing anything come thru into the Vera energy reporting, am I missing something?