Plugin - IPhone Locator

@amg0

I have upgraded to 1.41, and used ^Mike$ for my device. Now all of the (unwanted) child devices have gone, even the ‘old’ duplicate iphone. And my distance is now displayed in miles, as i wanted.

Perfect.

amg0 glad to hear I’m not the only one! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing major, but figured it’s worth illustrating as you rapidly update the plugin. Kudos on the speed at the revisions too. Question about 1.41 though, I saw the map. Nice little add-in. Is the purpose meant to just illustrate the lat/lon being entered? Or are there future plans to do something like show the dynamic polling ranges on this map along with our entered “home” location? I think that would be pretty cool to see as an enhancement.[/quote]

Good idea, I do not know yet. for now the map shows 2 markers, one for the home location and one for the actual phone location. all google map features are there so you can switch the background to satelitte or hybrid view, zoom in or out as you want, and even zoom down to street view level, all inside UI5 device window. Pretty fun …

amg0, I would have to agree, that is useful to be able to score that intel when testing, working with the system etc. Wish that was there when I first tried it out! :stuck_out_tongue:

+1 to the decimal concept indicated by emtschei, I would like to do this as well as the first item in my dynamic polling map.

attached is a v1.42 ( alpha ! ) with ability to put a float for the distance parameters in the polling map string. let me know

amg0 - sorry for my confusion, what is meant by a “float”? Are you indicating a decimal can work here?

Yes, that’s what it means :).

Bucko, just curious …
Are these different timestamps than the ones in the LuaUPnP.log log file. In this log mine are local time.
Does DataMine maybe record in UTC? Or it might be that @amg0 adjusts the time to local time before logging/displaying.

06      10/08/13 21:26:06.752   Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 42 service: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IPhoneLocator1 variable: MsgText was: 3.28 km @ Tue Oct  8 21:25:05 2013 now: 0.04 km @ Tue Oct  8 21:26:06 2013 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0

MJ[/quote]
What I did was to reinstall the plugin (to 1.41), and now the time/distance output in datamine is correct. I have no idea what happened, but it’s working.

What I did was to reinstall the plugin (to 1.41), and now the time/distance output in datamine is correct. I have no idea what happened, but it's working.

Oki. Great it works. Sometimes problems just solve themselves :D.

Has anyone had the issue where the IPhone Name wont take after saving in the settings tab?

Everything else seems to save its just that field that seems to be a problem.

Btw fantastic work on this app. Lights off when everyone leaves the house is simple now.

Edit: had the quotes in the field… ;D

@amg - great work!

I may have an unusual use case, but is there a way to have two children with the same idevice but a different “home location”.
I’d like to have “Joe at Home” and “Joe at Work”

Strange problem with refresh. When i press refresh on my wifes iphone, it updates the location within a few seconds. I do the same on mine, nothing happens. I am on 1.41. My wifes iphone is on mute, mine isnt. Mine has not updated location since 06.15, it is now 12.20.

[quote=“Weeves, post:70, topic:177230”]I may have an unusual use case, but is there a way to have two children with the same idevice but a different “home location”.
I’d like to have “Joe at Home” and “Joe at Work”[/quote]

You can install two instances (devices) of the plugin and configure them individually. These devices are independent from each other and should behave properly even when you have the same AppleId for both.
Goto [Apps] - click the iPhone Locator plugin - and click [Create another]

Hope this is what you were looking for.
MJ

[quote=“emtschei, post:68, topic:177230”]

What I did was to reinstall the plugin (to 1.41), and now the time/distance output in datamine is correct. I have no idea what happened, but it’s working.

Oki. Great it works. Sometimes problems just solve themselves :D.[/quote]

I love when that happens!! :smiley:

Now I can experiment with the decimals as this will help for my area. I tend to go out for short trips in the area (market, coffee, etc) and they are so close I still am OK keeping the poll in a different interval to make sure I get a true update when I leave/arrive. Now I just need to sort out the trouble I’m having with vera restarts after setting this and PLEG up to mute/unmute. I seem to be locking up my vera and suddenly iLocator stops locating me until I get the vera restart message and all resumes as normal again. I’ll update the thread once I’ve narrowed it down and can see what’s going wrong.

Great plugin, seems to work good, only install it yesterday. Thanks for your hard work.

Hello
For me version 1.40 and 1.41 release does not work, while 1.21 works fine. Why ???

[quote=“captainigloo, post:75, topic:177230”]Hello
For me version 1.40 and 1.41 release does not work, while 1.21 works fine. Why ???[/quote]

Bonjour Capitaine Igloo

Did you try to reboot your Vera system, refresh your browser [CTRL]-[F5] or reboot PC.
What does not work, what does the log say: http:///cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP?
We need a bit more info as to what is wrong (log extracts/screenshots/error messages, etc.).

MJ

[quote=“Weeves, post:70, topic:177230”]@amg - great work!

I may have an unusual use case, but is there a way to have two children with the same idevice but a different “home location”.
I’d like to have “Joe at Home” and “Joe at Work”[/quote]

Hello Weeves, not yet. but the workaround of @emtschei is good. Your use case is definitely something that is new & interesting. at this point it would mean some complexity as the unicity of children now would not just be idevice name but idevice name + location with some interesting questions on how to name the device so that VERA does not delete/recreate it each time you change the location… food for thoughts

However you could reduce the number of calls to iCloud even with the workaround suggested with 2 root devices since you could have some PLEG or scene logic that puts one device in Mute while the other device tells you the iPhone is at Home. after all an iPhone cannot be both in 2 places and maybe you can play with this to only enable polling if none of the devices tells you the device is close to the “base” location

I have just come home (18.45) and location of my iphone still had not changed since 6.15 this morning. I have Polling period: 720, and Dynamic Polling: map ticked and this 0:900,1:90,5:450,15:900,100:2800 in the field next to it. I guess that there is something wrong ?

with me happens the same but after 1 or 2 days comes back to work…

Modifying this post as I’m all over on a different issue I’m having. The plugin seems to be operating normal according to logs, but I need to do some extra work to resolve some conflict being had on my Vera.