Orbit Iris Hose Faucet Water Timer

Has anyone been able to get the “Orbit Iris Hose Faucet Water Timer” from Lowes connected to Vera? I verified with Iris tech support that it uses z-wave to communicate with there Iris hub it just does not have the same paring instructions that you normally see with other z-wave devises.

I was curious about this item as well. According to the information I got from the Lowe’s site, it is zigbee.

“It is a zigbee device. However, any Iris range extenders will work with the hose tap timer, even though the range extenders are z-wave.”
Posted by OrbitIrrigation
4 days ago

I called their tech support and they told me it was z-wave, but clearly it is different than then other z-wave devices as it does not pair then same. Might be ZigBee. Anyone else seen or heard anything???

I just bought this as well. It does not appear to be Z-wave as there is usually a z-wave logo on the packaging. There is a mac address inside the battery compartment which I have never seen on any Z-wave product. I think that it is zigbee but not sure. Does the Iris extender allow vera to communicate with this device? Any advice/info would be appreciated.

Lowes also has this 12 station sprinkler controller that is IRIS compatible. I assuming its the same type of communication as the hose faucet, but we still seem to be unsure what that is.

Anyone look into this? Anyupdate?

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:5, topic:180683”]Lowes also has this 12 station sprinkler controller that is IRIS compatible. I assuming its the same type of communication as the hose faucet, but we still seem to be unsure what that is.

Anyone look into this? Anyupdate?[/quote]

Hi

Can you provide some specifics?

Thanks

Don

[quote=“Don Diego, post:6, topic:180683”][quote=“integlikewhoa, post:5, topic:180683”]Lowes also has this 12 station sprinkler controller that is IRIS compatible. I assuming its the same type of communication as the hose faucet, but we still seem to be unsure what that is.

Anyone look into this? Anyupdate?[/quote]

Hi

Can you provide some specifics?

Thanks

Don[/quote]

http://www.lowes.com/pd_587056-74985-27396_4294612470__?productId=50134682&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

Orbit model number 27396 and in stock locally at my lowes in West Covina, California, USA.

I just did a online chat with orbit threw their website and they said this is Zigbee and also said all their iris devices were, but I didn’t give them the hose part number specifically.

Looks like the link above might not work correctly, but use the info to search for it.

Orbit Iris 12-Station Sprinkler Controller Item #: 587056 | Model #: 27396 Iris 12-Station Sprinkler Controller

Works with the Iris Home Management System (Iris Smart Hub required)
Control your timer’s watering schedule from your computer or smart phone
Weather-resistant, indoor/outdoor cabinet
Set schedules, make adjustments, or verify watering status remotely
Use your smart phone as a remote for sprinkler adjustments and repairs
Simple to program and operate

Actually just checked West Covina Doesn’t have it but 3 other local stores all have 3 in stock each.
San Diemas, Puente Hills, and Upland.

I got open sprinkler with the wifi adapter. Took me all of an hour to set it up.

Scheduled it up in vera with the virtual rain meter. AMAZING.

[quote=“alienz, post:8, topic:180683”]I got open sprinkler with the wifi adapter. Took me all of an hour to set it up.

Scheduled it up in vera with the virtual rain meter. AMAZING.[/quote]

I think you might have posted in the wrong place or off topic.

no just expressing that I gave up on this.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:9, topic:180683”][quote=“alienz, post:8, topic:180683”]I got open sprinkler with the wifi adapter. Took me all of an hour to set it up.

I think you might have posted in the wrong place or off topic.[/quote]

All–

Does anyone know if this works with Vera Plus (and zigbee)?

Don

If you don’t see it on this list, http://getvera.com/compatibility/ all bets are off.

[quote=“Don Diego, post:11, topic:180683”][quote=“integlikewhoa, post:9, topic:180683”][quote=“alienz, post:8, topic:180683”]I got open sprinkler with the wifi adapter. Took me all of an hour to set it up.

I think you might have posted in the wrong place or off topic.[/quote]

All–

Does anyone know if this works with Vera Plus (and zigbee)?

Don[/quote]

I’m not having any luck getting it paired right now. I think the issue is more on the Vera-side though. This is the first Zigbee device that I have tried to pair and from what I can tell, my VeraPlus is not going into “pair” mode.

Maybe try waiting longer for the pairing to start and putting the new device into pairing mode (if it works like that, I’ve never added a Zigbee device). It seems right now with the latest firmware (with Zwave pairing at least) that once you start the pairing process, Vera actually doesn’t seem to start it for 30-60 seconds. When I used to add a Vera zwave device I would click add and the count down timer would start but now it takes some time before that happens. I just upgraded from my edge to the plus and it was doing it on the edge with the latest firmware and now is also on the plus.

Here is how I have managed to get this device paired with my VeraPlus and can toggle it on and off.

First off I did a factory reset since I originally began my learning curve in home automation with Lowe’s iris system.

Reset the device by: Pressing the Reset button 5 times using a paper clip.

Give it a minute or two. The radio wave icon on the device should be blinking.

Put your VeraPlus into the generic ZigBee pairing mode.

Use your paper clip again to press the reset button once. (You may be able to press the + or - button but this is how I did it on the one I had)

It should pair but as a D_DoorSensor1 device type.

Refresh your browser and then go to the device’s Advanced tab and change the ‘device_file’ parameter to be, ‘D_BinaryLight1.xml’ and the ‘device_json’ to be, ‘D_BinaryLight1.json’.

At this point, hit the ‘Back’ button and ‘Save Changes’.

The device should now be functional with the On/Off as if it were a light. However, it will only turn the device on for 10 minutes at a time… ??? I do not know enough about this cool stuff to figure that one out yet. Your turn. :wink:

[quote=“Nutron, post:15, topic:180683”]Here is how I have managed to get this device paired with my VeraPlus and can toggle it on and off.

First off I did a factory reset since I originally began my learning curve in home automation with Lowe’s iris system.

Reset the device by: Pressing the Reset button 5 times using a paper clip.

Give it a minute or two. The radio wave icon on the device should be blinking.

Put your VeraPlus into the generic ZigBee pairing mode.

Use your paper clip again to press the reset button once. (You may be able to press the + or - button but this is how I did it on the one I had)

It should pair but as a D_DoorSensor1 device type.

Refresh your browser and then go to the device’s Advanced tab and change the ‘device_file’ parameter to be, ‘D_BinaryLight1.xml’ and the ‘device_json’ to be, ‘D_BinaryLight1.json’.

At this point, hit the ‘Back’ button and ‘Save Changes’.

The device should now be functional with the On/Off as if it were a light. However, it will only turn the device on for 10 minutes at a time… ??? I do not know enough about this cool stuff to figure that one out yet. Your turn. ;)[/quote]

Can you comment more about the second pressing of the reset button? Do you press it before search? After its found but before you name/save?

i also have the vera plus and it doesn’t look like its going in to pairing mode no blinking lights on the unit and help would be great

Somehow Nutron gets all the zigbee devices recognized as door sensors which allow them to be configured on the UI. Just as for the keen, my vera treats the paired device as unknown and kicks it out of the UI and goes into infinite Luup reload until I reset the Zigbee network…

Re-reading my original post, let me clarify that the first step of the “factory reset”, I am referring to the Orbit faucet valve. The five time pressing of the reset button, according to the Orbit instructions resets the device to factory setting and thus unpairs it to any previous device. I think the Blinking radio beacon on the Orbit’s LCD screen indicates it is not currently paired.

The second pressing of the reset button just happens to be what I did to essentially get the Orbit into pairing mode after the VeraPlus Wizard told me to power up the device I intended to pair.

Hope that helps.

i have a question when i include or exclude any z wave devices the let on the display blinks, should the same be true foe Zigbee and Bluetooth? i am trying to include a zigbee devise and i do not think my unit in going in to inclusion. anyone with some thoughts
Modify message