Orbit Iris Hose Faucet Water Timer

Well, oddly with the beta firmware I was finally able to pair mine on the second try. It failed the first time. Gonna try the Keen vents ones next!

It is going to take several years before the Zigbee manufacturers stop futzing with the Zigbee HA profiles and/or the profiles become feature-rich enough to not need futzing with.

I am going to repost from Amazon’s home automation guide to show this isn’t just my opinion:

…the ZigBee Certified mark by itself is not enough to ensure interoperability. In most cases, you will need to purchase all your ZigBee home control products from the same brand, because each manufacturer is free to implement ZigBee in its own proprietary way.

Part of the issue is Zigbee is the ideal tech to use if a manufacturer wants a walled garden. Lowe’s is conflicted about iris device purchases. They don’t know if they will make more money off the iris hub monthly service or by selling the devices for general use. Depending on which camp is in charge of the engineering specs, devices can either follow standard specs or add customizations to force Iris-only compatibility.

Link:
Amazon.com Home Automation: Communication Protocols Guide

Has any one else had success with this spigot valve? I am running the latest firmware on my VP (2044), and have tried everything listed here. Seeing how bad the reviews were on the Lowe’s website, I picked up two just in case. Both of them will not pair. The behavior is exactly the same.

My VP has no indication that it’s in the pairing mode, other than the spinning circle. Unlike the z-wave pairing which actually has a countdown timer which does elapse, the zigbee portion does not. After about a minute the spinning circle disappears, but the page itself does not change. The retry and exit buttons are there the entire time. No LED blinking on the VP.

The valve(s) blinks the wireless icon. Whether I press the reset button once, 5x or 10x, no change in its display or behavior. Is it possible that the latest firmware from VERA has killed the ability ot connect to this valve?

You should get a blue bar at the top telling you that the zigbee network is in pairing mode (I can’t remember the exact message) similar to zwave.
The latest firmware is the one which enabled me to pair the valve.

Thanks. I get no such bar at the top. I’ve tried it after power cycling the VP too. Might be time to get Vera customer service involved. My only concern with that is whether they’ll reply before the 30 day return period from Lowe’s is over.

Did you get the blue bar blinking when the zigbee network is in pairing mode? Actually I have your same symptoms and I cant paire the valve. Did you get any advice from the support?

No, support has been useless thus far. They said the issue happens on the Plus when users migrate their systems from an older Vera. In my case, I went from and Edge to a Plus. They said that when that happens, another device takes the normally reserved ID spot (3, IIRC) for the zigbee radio. Thus, the add new device wizard can’t initiate the ZB radio. They provided me with a static URL that put the radio (device id 197 on mine) into pairing mode. That worked - bringing up the blue ‘add device now’ bar - but after pairing the valve, my VP went into a terminal boot loop and wouldn’t recover. I eventually managed to make it to the ZB settings (which took forever due to the constant restarts) and reset the ZB radio. That stopped the restarts, but it also cleared out the valve.

That’s a long way of saying, no, it doesn’t work. Support said that a future firmware release will address the migration issue for people who followed the same upgrade path as I have, but until then, I guess my VP is neutered.

Thank You for your explanation: there is no solution but now I know why. I upgraded from VeraLite so no zigBee devices can be paired until the bug will be fixed!! Maybe resetting the VP to factory settings could solve the problem.

The support team sent me a Url command and I was able to get the device paired. Then I had to modify the Advanced settings as Nutron suggested and now I can switch on/off and see the battery Level. 10 minutes duration limit confirmed

Can you provide the URL?
Mt Vera Plus doesn’t go into “Pairing mode” when trying to add zigbee devices.

Found it on their web site… the description had me laughing my ass off…

“Adding to their legacy of top-of-line controllers, Orbit is pleased to announce the addition of their most intuitive, feature-rich timer to date.”

I’m not sure what legacy of top of the line controllers they are referring to but they are clearly delusional.

I realize this is an old thread, but seemed like better to ask here va start a new thread.
I?m curious if enough time has past that those that upgraded from a older Vera to newer Vera with Zigbee that this device works now?

Thanks for your post. We will look into this. Do you think that it would help to repeat the timer firing 5 seconds later by default instead?