OpenTherm Gateway plugin

[quote=“nlrb, post:60, topic:177124”]@mfp: I’ve just created v0.7 for you.

[ul][li]Set clock now also sets date & year (FW4)[/li]
[li]Option not to embed child devices[/li]
[li]Option to keep OTG clock in sync[/li][/ul][/quote]

First a big thank you, for spending your time on these improvements!

I just upgraded to 0.7. I checked this in the Advanced section by looking at the PluginVersion. Maybe you could show the version of the plug in at the control tab as well.

I took the power of my bolier and the time was set again, so the time function seems to work. In the GUI the set clock can only be pushed once, but does not indicate if it is always syncing time.

I created a Child device for my outside temperature probe of my Boiler. The created child device still has the embedded option marked active. I tried removing it and reloaded the interface. After a restart it is marked as embedded again. Because of this the child device can’t be moved.

To give you an idea what I meant with a smaller thermostat device I added a picture to give you an idea.

If you have set the option in the settings tab then it will keep synchronizing the time with the OTG. This is separate from the button, so you will indeed not see that by looking at the button.

You need to set the option in the Settings tab to ‘No’ (default is ‘Yes’), which will make sure that all (also existing) child devices will not be embedded.

You can change the layout locally by updating the json file. The plugin will stick with the default thermostat device layout.

Thanks,

Found the settings on the setting tab and enabled them and saw the changes on the values on the advanced tab PluginUpdateClock and PluginEmbedChildren.

Now the temperature child device can be put in another room. It works!

Time is also synced.

@nlrb
I have installed your plug in and have the following setting

At the boiler the opentherm gateway with wifi connection
At the living the traditional round thermostaat.

During startup the data is updated once, but not periodically
If i use change the temp setting nothing happens.

It looks to me that no info is updated during the normal running

Can you advice
Huib

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

@huib: I’ll need the LuaUPnP.log file with plugin debug turned on. Now I have nothing to go on. You can send it to vera.otg at gmail.com.

@nlrb; found the following error mesage

50 01/11/14 16:31:49.205 luup_log:143: OTG: loading library L_OpenThermGateway… <0x2bbb1680>
50 01/11/14 16:31:49.416 luup_log:143: OTG: library L_OpenThermGateway loaded LEAK this:323584 start:868352 to 0xee9000 <0x2bbb1680>

I have rebotted a few times and the same

regards
Huib

@huib: that is not an error, that is OK.

@nlrb
Have sent email with log file

It looks to that no request or info is going out to the opentherm gateway
How can i see out going data?

Pls advice
Huib

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

Hi,

Can someone help me?
I want to change the “max CH setpoint” using PlEG or Luup.
In the OTG it can be done using the free fromat command CH=40.0

I use the OTG in combination with an danfoss CF2 for my floor heating.
The CF2 is using an on-off output to control the boiler. (now OTG)

In order to be most efficient I want to use the lowest boiler temp as possible.
So I want to depend the CH setting on the outside temp.

Thanks.

@NLBR, Thanks for you great plugin!

Sjoerd

I guess you would need to write lua code for this. You can use the SendCommand function to change the max CH setpoint, e.g. SendCommand(“CH=40.0”). You can set a watch on the outside temperature value to keep track of the lowest value (within your defined window I guess). This value is stored in the variable ‘OutsideTemperature’.

Can you please help me with the correct syntax
I tested ip the APPS-> Test luup:

luup.call_action("urn:otgw-tclcode-com:serviceId:OpenThermGateway1", "SendCommand",{command = 'SH=40.0'}, 268)

found in the LuaUPnP.log

08 01/14/14 18:31:59.508 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 0 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1 action: RunLua <0x30978680> 08 01/14/14 18:31:59.508 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument Code=luup.call_action("urn:otgw-tclcode-com:serviceId:OpenThermGateway1", 08 01/14/14 18:31:59.509 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 268 service: urn:otgw-tclcode-com:serviceId:OpenThermGateway1 action: SendCommand <0x30978680> 08 01/14/14 18:31:59.510 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument command=SH=40.0 <0x30978680>

in the 268_otg_msg.txt I did not found an update.
Also in UI5 the value is not updated.

Command is with a capital ‘C’, i.e.

luup.call_action("urn:otgw-tclcode-com:serviceId:OpenThermGateway1","SendCommand",{Command='SH=40.0'}, 268) 

Great!!

The devil is in the details :stuck_out_tongue:
Now it’s working when I leave the decimal…

Without decimal:

luup.call_action("urn:otgw-tclcode-com:serviceId:OpenThermGateway1","SendCommand",{Command = 'SH=41'}, 268)

result in:

2014-01-14 19:38:14.115 SH: 41.00 2014-01-14 19:38:16.867 R10392900 ( Request: Write-Data Max. central heating water setpoint (?C) = 41.00) 2014-01-14 19:38:16.885 BD0392900 ( Boiler: Write-Ack Max. central heating water setpoint (?C) = 41.00)

and decimal

luup.call_action("urn:otgw-tclcode-com:serviceId:OpenThermGateway1","SendCommand",{Command = 'SH=39.0}, 268)

result:

2014-01-14 19:41:13.545 SH: 39.00 2014-01-14 19:41:15.488 R00390000 ( Request: Read-Data Max. central heating water setpoint (?C) = 0.00) 2014-01-14 19:41:15.595 B40392900 ( Boiler: Read-Ack Max. central heating water setpoint (?C) = 41.00)

Decimal’s is not important to me so it works fine in this…
BTW I have a Remeha Calenta

Thanks!

There is no issue with the decimal - that works fine. As you can see the OTG accepts the value:

2014-01-14 19:41:13.545 SH: 39.00

You need to look at (wait for) the Write-Data, not the Read-Data.

Ive been using the gateway plugin with success except recently I had to do some maintenance which rebooted my wireless router a few times. My OTG is connected to the usb port of my wireless device, and it runs ser2net to convert serial to ip. When my router reboots ser2net currently needs a manual restart. When ser2net is not running vera cannot connect to my OTG so I cannot control my thermostat from remote.

As far as i know, its currently not possible to see from Vera if the connection has been lost? Would it be possible to add some notification option so I can find out when the connection has been lost?

The 1.0 version is now available in the MiOS Marketplace.

Maybe you should get a more robust setup?

We’d have to add a watch-dog timer. But then still you’d need to restart Vera to go through the startup.

It’s setup correctly now, so it will start at boot. But it would still be nice to see the connection status instead of static values.

Thanks for 1.0.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

@nlrb

have installed your plugin and with some help from frend on the forum i got it running
at the tab hardware no info is shown;

i see Opening otgjsHardwareTab… for a long periode

pls advice
huib

Can you give some info? What firmware version are you using? What browser? Did you try to refresh the page in the browser?