OpenTherm Gateway plugin

Can you check on the Fibaro sensor in the advanced tab what the ‘category_num’ and ‘subcategory_num’ values are? These should be 4 and 1 respectively. See the wiki for definitions.

For Fibaro they are configured as:

category_num ` 4 #define DEVICE_CATEGORY_SECURITY_SENSOR 4
subcategory_num 3 #define DEVICE_SUBCATEGORY_MOTION 3

A door/window sensor as motion sensor? Motion sensors are only temporarily triggered. Door/window sensors continously when a door/window is open.

If the sensors only give a pulse when a door/window is opened then it won’t work. If not then you have to change the subcategory_num to 1.

[quote=“nlrb, post:15, topic:174118”]Well, you can turn Eco mode on, but it won’t do anything. What would you like it to do when ‘Going Away’?

If you want to disable the DHW setting then you can call SetDomesticHotWater(“Disable”) and when coming home call SetDomesticHotWater(“Automatic”).

If you want to change the setpoint, e.g. lower it 2 degrees you can call SetCurrentSetpoint(-2) and when coming home call SetModeTarget(“Off”) to return to the program.[/quote]

I was replying in the wrong thread (too much alcohol), so ill move my question to here.

I guess those functions you mention are lua functions which can be added to luup code? I currently tried to set it up via scene and choose (for going away) to set temperature to 15 and press the heat button to make setpoint constant. I wonder if vera will execute the commands in correct order, so my thermostat is send the correct value?

Hello nrlb, great - changing the category to 4 and subcat to 1 resolved the issue. Thanks!

However a new problem popped up. The monitor tab is completely empty. I can only see some empty checkboxes but no text at all. I’m running v0.5 of the plugin and v4.9 of the OTG firmware. The temps on the control tab work fine. Also I can give commands to the OTG there - communication seems to work fine. Reloading/resetting the vera did not help. Any suggestions? Thanks

Reload the page in the browser.

Yes, this is luup code. Indeed unclear how this would work in a scene order wise.

Based on your request I am considering to make the Eco mode work differently, such that you trigger a combination of settings. Will give this some more thought.

[quote=“nlrb, post:43, topic:177124”]A door/window sensor as motion sensor? Motion sensors are only temporarily triggered. Door/window sensors continously when a door/window is open.

If the sensors only give a pulse when a door/window is opened then it won’t work. If not then you have to change the subcategory_num to 1.[/quote]

I’m not sure now, do i need to change it? This is how my Fibaro Door Sensor was created by default…

If you ask me it is a bug which you should file with MCV and change the subcategory_num to 1. But I don’t have the sensor, so I cannot check.

@nlrb;

is is possible to have a clock thermostaat function incorperated.
as example to have a additional tab with a table of the number of days and the temparature

at 10 o clock in the evening temp to 19’
at 12 o clock in the morning temp to 20
at 18 o clock temp to 21

and different for different days

rgds
huib

@huib: the OTG is not meant to replace a thermostat. If you want a thermostat function you might want to hook the OTG plugin to the Smart Virtual Thermostat plugin. Or use scenes to set the temperature at certain times.

:cry:
@nrlb

I bought the OT gateway assembly kit and had it all working via the wifi bridge. And I was very pleased with it. However afte two days no data refreshments everything was still working ok via the OT monitor Windows PC tool via the USB interface (temporary connection). Besides that I noticed all other thermostats I had (Stella Z and airconditioner IR extender) changed their interface to the OTG interface. Although they kept on functioning this might be the cause the OTG itself was not updating its data. I deleted the OTG device and all Thermostats changed back to their original interface. Is there a file used with the same naming?
Other issue
I am using a isense thermostat with Remeha Calente boiler I recieved error code 255 however this code is not documented at Remeha. Do you have any clue. I checked with the Homewizard Heatlink from my neighbour and it also showed error code 255. So it will not be the OTG device.

I would like to get OTG back in operation because I like the plug in. Did I do something wrong with uploading the files? Or is this a known issue

Hope you can help me out.

Really strange. I have other thermostat devices myself as well, but have never seen this behavior. If you install the OTG plugin again, do all thermostats change again? Or was this a one-off? What they most likely have in common is that they all use device type ‘urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1’. But that shouldn’t affect the UI.

[quote=“Schuffelen, post:52, topic:177124”]Other issue
I am using a isense thermostat with Remeha Calente boiler I recieved error code 255 however this code is not documented at Remeha. Do you have any clue. I checked with the Homewizard Heatlink from my neighbour and it also showed error code 255. So it will not be the OTG device.[/quote]
I don’t have an iSense, so I can’t comment. Best to post this question on domoticaforum.eu.

Not a known issue.

@ Nrlb

I did re-install the plug-in however same issue. All GUI thermostats with the HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1 do change (not the Heater thermostats used by Danfoss as an example) . They now show a tab for Eco, Hardware etc. The controls also changed, on my Airco capable of cooling and heating the cooling option is lost. :cry:
On the hardware tab of the other thermostats the device starts looking for the OTG hardware.

I don’t know what happens but I opend a ticket at MiOS, I have some other strange things also happening now. It is a petty because I had to uninstall it again. I’ll keep on trying, could you please check whether your other thermostats are of the heater type or the HVAC zone type.

Could you try the following.

On line 7 of ‘D_OpenThermGateway.xml’ change ‘schemas-upnp-org’ to ‘otgw-tclcode-com’. You should now have

<deviceType>urn:otgw-tclcode-com:device:HVAC_ZoneThermostat:1</deviceType>

Change this also on the last line (903) of ‘D_OpenThermGateway.json’.

Due to bad coding in the MCV javascript the device needs to be named ‘HVAC_ZoneThermostat’ or ‘Heater’ for the ‘?C’ to be shown instead of ‘%’. That is why I used the ZoneThermostat device name, but I should have changed the namespace.

@nrlb ;D

Great!!! It did the job; changed the description in the files and my other thermostats are no longer affected. Everything seems to work ok now. Thanks!!!

I do have a OEM faultcode of 255 on the screen no such fault code in the Remeha documentation (Isense + calente) I am using. I’ll check on the Domotica forum

@Schuffelen: thanks for confirming. I’ve rolled this change into v0.6.

v0.6 January 7, 2014

[ul][li]Corrects namespace conflict for HVAC device[/li]
[li]Changed behavior of EnergyModeStatus; will now be on only if an Eco option is in effect[/li]
[li]Eco mode and options added[/li]
[li][EDHW] Change DHW setting when EnergyModeStatus set to EnergySavingsMode[/li]
[li][ETMP] Change setpoint when EnergyModeStatus set to EnergySavingsMode[/li]
[li]Added configuration options for firmware 4.0 [/li][/ul]

If this version works OK for everyone then I’ll submit it to the marketplace.

Hi I really like the plugin, thanks. It matches the original otmonitor application.

Version 0.5 works stable on my system. I will update to release 0.6.

I do have some ideas, could you consider them?

1. The time now only seems to sync once, when the button is pressed. Could you give it an option to sync time daily or on a regular base?
  2. If I create a child device for the outside temperature sensor of my boiler, I would like to place it in a different room. I can change its room, but after saving it returns to the room where the otgateway device is. On the powermax alarmpanel device I can move all child devices to different rooms. Could you make child devices moveable to other rooms?
  3. In the vera gui the main device is rather big. Could you rearange the buttons under each other so all controls fit in a standard sized vera devicebox? Maybe it is posible to use only one button for eco and normal operation and change the label of the button, eg default is normal operation, a click activates. Eco mode, the next click it reverts back to normal operation.

The thermostat will ask for the time (if it supports it). But you never know when. Unfortunately the OTG only keeps track of time one minute after the time has been set. So then we would have to send the time to the OTG every minute (like otmonitor does). I can add that option.

Currently the child devices are set as embedded. MCV has determined that they then always have to be in the same location as the parent (which is annoying). I can disable the embedded option (or make it optional). But in principle what you see is the value of the OTG outside temperature, not the direct value of the outside sensor :P.

Thermostat devices are normally this size.

@mfp: I’ve just created v0.7 for you.

[ul][li]Set clock now also sets date & year (FW4)[/li]
[li]Option not to embed child devices[/li]
[li]Option to keep OTG clock in sync[/li][/ul]