OpenTherm Gateway plugin

The latest version in the trunk already has the option to a) disable the boiler and/or b) lower the setpoint when your alarm panel is armed (away). I am planning to add more Eco functions (e.g. lower the temperature if a door is open for a longer period and the temperature outside is lower than inside).

I don’t know PLEG, but you can set a notification if a failure occurs. This will also send a notification if the water pressure is too low.

[quote=“A.Ardon, post:20, topic:177124”]It would be easy if there was a child device who display an actual value.
Is that possible?[/quote]
Don’t know why you would need a child device. What kind of device? You can watch the different variables.

On our smartphones I use AutHomation. I have attached some pictures how the OTG plugin is displayed. If I want to see more info like outside temperature, or water pressure I have to use the info button to get a list with all the info. With a child device it display’s the value’s right away.

With child devices I can use Program Logic to do whatever I want! (figuratively)
Use the OpenTherm value’s to execute things, Notify ect. ect.

OK, I understand that a temperature device will make sense for the outside temperature (if you have a sensor connected to the thermostat or boiler). But would you like to see temperature sensors for room setpoint, override setpoint, DHW setpoint, boiler temp. etc. as well? You could get a lot of devices.

nldr,
I agree that it would be unclear when there are to many devices.

I was thinking about a child device for the next items:

outside temperature
Boiler water temperature
Control setpoint
Central heating water pressure

Is it posible to separately install the child devices? Or are they always a part from the main device?
Otherwise users could install the child devices separately if they want to use them

I was thinking to add an option whether to add child devices or not. If on, it would generate child devices for all temperature related values it finds (i.e. the ones that are supported by the boiler or thermostat, except for room setpoint and room temp, as they are already part of the thermostat device).

For non-temperature values (i.e. CH water pressure) I don’t see a suitable device (see [url=http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Devices]http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Devices[/url]).

For the water presurre:
Is it possible to ad this to the notifications, so that I can choose it in PLEG for a condition?
(see image)

I think the choice to install the child’s (or not) is a good option.

Anyway, thanks for the great job you did!
It’s running for more dan 2 weeks now without any problem!

[quote=“A.Ardon, post:26, topic:177124”]For the water presurre:
Is it possible to ad this to the notifications, so that I can choose it in PLEG for a condition?
(see image)[/quote]
As stated above: if you use the ‘fault’ notification, it should notify you if one of the following faults occur:

[ul][li]Service request[/li]
[li]Lockout-reset[/li]
[li]Low water pressure[/li]
[li]Gas/flame fault[/li]
[li]Air pressure fault[/li]
[li]Water over-temperature[/li][/ul]

I wanted to add a notification that you could choose below what pressure level (e.g. 1.5) you would get a notification. But unfortunately Vera only supports integer comparison :'(.

Now that you mention it, yes. Vera works with integers. :cry:
For expample: The same whe have when whe try to set TT=19,1 :stuck_out_tongue:

In that case, I will set it so that if an error is reported, it sends a notification to my smartphone.
Thanks for the tip!

[quote=“A.Ardon, post:28, topic:177124”]Now that you mention it, yes. Vera works with integers. :cry:
For expample: The same whe have when whe try to set TT=19,1 :P[/quote]
Indeed through the UI only integers can be used. If you use the function ‘SetCurrentSetpoint’ you will be able to set it to e.g. ‘19.1’ as that value will directly be passed on to the OTG.

I have also purchased the opentherm gateway (the LAN/Wifi) version and I can not wait to connect my central heating to my network and connect to Vera.
this plugin looks amazing! thanks for the work and i hope that my installation goes smooth as well.

i hope to connect everything by next week.

My first post on this forum, here it goes.

Thank you for this great plugin. I’m still kind of new to Vera but I like it a lot and this plugin makes it even better!

I’ve bought the opentherm gateway kit from the known source and chosen the USB version. I hooked it up to my OpenWRT (TP-Link 1043D) usb port and have installed ser2net to make the serial port available via network. After installed the hardware part I made an attempt to install your plugin but I had some issues getting it working.
Because I’m still new to Vera I didn’t have any knowledge about how to install plugins the manual way. After some struggling I found out I could upload your plugin files manually in the interface. Maybe its possible to add those instructions? I also notice you mention to add the IP address, but there is no note about appending the port number.

After uploading and configuring it works great, but when I check the configuration inside UI, I see the option to change “Operation mode” which is currently set to monitor.
Does this mean I cannot change any value? I just added the gateway to my setup, so I’m still reluctant to make changes (I guess this will soon change :)).

Thanks again for this great plugin. Please continue to support it.

You’re welcome! Nice to hear and welcome to the forum :).

Why did you not connect it directly to Vera? That would be the easiest way.

[quote=“clandmeter, post:31, topic:177124”]After installed the hardware part I made an attempt to install your plugin but I had some issues getting it working.
Because I’m still new to Vera I didn’t have any knowledge about how to install plugins the manual way. After some struggling I found out I could upload your plugin files manually in the interface. Maybe its possible to add those instructions? I also notice you mention to add the IP address, but there is no note about appending the port number.[/quote]
There is a generic description on the MCV wiki how to install these files, so it does not make much sense to repeat that. Once the code is at a good enough level I’ll submit it to the store such that it can be installed normally.

[quote=“clandmeter, post:31, topic:177124”]After uploading and configuring it works great, but when I check the configuration inside UI, I see the option to change “Operation mode” which is currently set to monitor.
Does this mean I cannot change any value? I just added the gateway to my setup, so I’m still reluctant to make changes (I guess this will soon change :)).[/quote]
Indeed. If the Gateway is in Monitor mode you can only read values. It will not issue any write commands.

My Vera is not in the same room as my OTG, but I do have a TP-Link router in this room, thats why I made this setup similar like the LAN/WIFI option but cheaper (I’m dutch).

[list]Version 0.4 is available for download & testing.

Change log

[ul][li]Supports OTG firmware version 4.0(alpha)[/li]
[li]Option to create child devices for temperature values[/li]
[li]Eco mode and options added[/li]
[list][li][ADHW] Change DHW setting when alarm is Armed (away)[/li]
[li][ATMP] Change setpoint when alarm is Armed (away)[/li]
[li][DTMP] Change setpoint when door(s)/window(s) is/are open[/li]
[li]Function SetEnergyModeTarget added[/li][/list]
[li]Moved DHW setting to control tab[/li]
[li]Split Settings tab in Hardware & plugin Settings tab[/li]
[li]Added option to show (colored) value indication bars[/li]
[li]Support to show humidity value on thermostat[/li]
[list][li]Function SetRoomHumidity added[/li][/list]
[li]Now supports different levels of debug output[/li]
[li]OpenTherm version 2.3 messages added[/li][/ul]

Great work !!

I just have installed it, and will test it tommorow!!
;D

Nice, just installed it.

When I view the eco tab, the page is empty. Does that mean its not supported?

The Eco tab could look like in the attachment. However, if you have no alarm panel and no door/window sensors, the Eco tab will be empty.

i have also installed the gateway and this plugin. the gateway is running latest 4.0.11 firmware.
it runs very well! i am very happy with this setup, many thanks for creating this plugin, really appreciated.

v0.5 is now available, which correctly interprets negative values.

Hello nlrb your plugin works beautifully. Also have the issue though that the eco tab is empty. I have no alarm pannel but do have several window and door switches linked to my vera 3 (fibaro ones). Am i missing something? Thanks for your help.