OpenTherm Gateway plugin

@nlrb
I am using plugin 1.0 gateway 3.4
Firfox
And
Samsung tablet

Rgds Huib

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

@huib: thanks for reporting. I can confirm that this is a bug you run into when using firmware version 3. Attached javascript file fixes it.

@nlrb
it is now working
regards
huib

@nlrb
to see if you have a live connection to the gateway is it possible to the data flow on the tab page?
possible under sent free format command

regards
huib

@nlrb,

I have deleted version 0,7 and downloaded the 1.0 version from the app store.

When installing it I got a lua error and device is not installed.
In the LuaUPnP.log I only found this:

e[31;1mJobHandler_LuaUPnP::CreateLuaInterfaces can't load plugin /etc/cmh-lu//L_OpenThermGateway.luae[0m <0x2b3f0000>

Has there to be a double ‘//’ ?

I even tried to uninstall, deleting all the files, and a restart. But that did not work.
For now I restore a back up. What could be wrong?

andre

Is this “opentherm” really opentherm? So does it work with all opentherm devices? Eg the nefit easy or other thermostats?

SanderL,
Yes, it works with the opentherm protocol.

As far I know Nefit got its own protocol.
That would not work.
Unless you can use the Nefit OpenTherm converter (7746901847)

I have a AWB :-\ boiler and the Remeha Isense thermostat that I can monitor and change trough the plugin.

The nefit easy is opentherm according to the documentation. If you have an older boiler with the nefit proprietary coding you can buy a nefit easy connect adapter to translate that. My question is if this will work with that nefit easy thermostat. Without soldering to that thermostat. But by talking over wifi to it…?

@SanderL

In the past I was working with Nefit boilers a lot. But i’m not up to date with there recent products.

I was just reading about the ‘Nefit easy connect adapter’ while you where posting. ;D
I’m not sure, but if it translates the opentherm protocol it could be working!
I just can’t confirm that it works.

Can I propose you post this question on the domoticaforum.eu and that we keep the discussion here focused on the Vera plugin?

@A.Ardon: no idea what the issue is in your case. BTW: you didn’t need to remove the installed version.

The log entry doesn’t say much; the // is not abnormal. Maybe there is more info in another part of the log. You can send it to vera.otg at gmail.com such that I can have a look.

Nlrb yes you can propose. But I am a Verian. So I do not have an account on that other forum… it would be great though to have it with the nefit easy in my vera!!!

[quote=“huib, post:84, topic:177124”]@nlrb
to see if you have a live connection to the gateway is it possible to the data flow on the tab page?
possible under sent free format command[/quote]
I’m not really in favor of this. It just adds extra CPU load to continuously update a variable while nobody will use the data (as the plugin decodes the data stream - that is the whole idea). You can see whether data is updating on the monitor tab already.

@nlrb,

After you suggested to reinstall the 1.0 plugin without deleting the 0.7 version it worked.
I also had to reboot the Vera en refresh the webpage 3 times.

Now its working again. ;D

Thanks for all the good work!

andre

@nlrb to see if you have a live connection to the gateway is it possible to the data flow on the tab page? possible under sent free format command

I’m not really in favor of this. It just adds extra CPU load to continuously update a variable while nobody will use the data (as the plugin decodes the data stream - that is the whole idea). You can see whether data is updating on the monitor tab already.

@nlrb
cause i am loosing the connection between the openterm gataway / wifi adapter / vera i would like to be able to see if an flow of data is present; or if the connection is still alive
any idea?

rgds
huib

Thanks for the update to 1.0!

The plugin did not automatically create a device.
I can not create a device with the 1.0 plugin from the appstore.
If I use the button “create another” no device is created.

I created a device manually as suggested on [url=http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_opentherm-gateway]http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_opentherm-gateway[/url] a device is created and works.

I have installed this app. But no new device was created. Also after creating a new device (3 times) and rebooting several times, nothing was created.

I had the same. Had to refresh the browser 3 times. CtrlF5. And this after the reboot…

As per request… I want this working :slight_smile:

http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=9355&e=0

I think I know what the issue is why no device is created. However, I cannot fix that myself. I’ve asked MCV for help.

@huib: In a next release I’ll set the CommFailure variable to 1 when there is no communication for more than 1 minute (1 minutes is allowed by the spec.). You’ll also see a message in the top blue box.