New Vera: Vera Edge

[quote=“TC1, post:36, topic:183464”][quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:34, topic:183464”]I was hoping to see more DDR memory…
That’s the most serious limit on Vera … you can try to swap to the FLASH … but that memory is not really designed for LARGE # of write cycles.[/quote]

Agreed. From what I can see and experienced with Vera, product planning has always been short sighted, both from the hardware and software side. Tis a shame.[/quote]

Agreed. That just isn’t enough memory for what we are trying do to - make Vera a real home automation device, not just a remote control device.

I ordered one just to check it out when it is released. I’m kind of disappointed. For the money I think they could have really put together a great device. Now I feel that it’s seriously limited. Thank goodness for Amazon’s loose return policy. If I don’t like it after messing with it for a few weeks I’ll just return it and stick with the VeraLite and Vera3. I really am just considering this because of the Z-wave Plus capability.

hmmm thats really a shame, I was hoping for a lot more horsepower… :frowning:

Any one look into fibaro home center 2 controller the US Version yet? what are your thoughts on that controller? It looks very reliable and user interface is really nice to setup. Also seems to work great with there zwave products which are very well constructed.

http://mobile-us.vesternet.com/item/31333330

[quote=“2exclusive, post:44, topic:183464”]Any one look into fibaro home center 2 controller the US Version yet? what are your thoughts on that controller? It looks very reliable and user interface is really nice to setup. Also seems to work great with there zwave products which are very well constructed.

http://mobile-us.vesternet.com/item/31333330[/quote]

The problem with all Fibaro US products is that the company has been leading everyone on for over a year (sound familiar? ::slight_smile: ). Availability is scarce and who knows what support is going to be like.

There are some European members in the forums here that have tried the HC2, I don’t recall any of them being overly impressed.

They might be coming out with another product to replace vera 3 also. This might be the vera light replacement

hopefully they will. am now thinking of where to look for a new controller. is it perhaps openHAB with my vera3 running most z-wave devices. i have a zcombo detector gathering dust

They might be coming out with another product to replace vera 3 also. This might be the vera light replacement[/quote]

Well there is noting in the FCC yet so if it is coming its going to be some time. Also the VERA EDGE is on AMAZON!

http://www.amazon.com/Vera-Control-VeraEdge-Home-Controller/dp/B00PFGJZM8/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1415921675&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=veraedge

yes, with underwhelming specs and new sleek design.
hooray for the design, i stuff it in a closet and never look at it…

Who will be first with the antenna mod?

[quote=“macrho, post:49, topic:183464”]yes, with underwhelming specs and new sleek design.
hooray for the design, i stuff it in a closet and never look at it…[/quote]

Not sure what your looking for but this is great upgrade for the VERAlite customers like myself and a better price then even the VERA 3 with better specs.

So It’s not the SUPER VERA people want but it’s not a bad device or price and for what it is.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:51, topic:183464”][quote=“macrho, post:49, topic:183464”]yes, with underwhelming specs and new sleek design.
hooray for the design, i stuff it in a closet and never look at it…[/quote]

Not sure what your looking for but this is great upgrade for the VERAlite customers like myself and a better price then even the VERA 3 with better specs.

So It’s not the SUPER VERA people want but it’s not a bad device or price and for what it is.[/quote]

I’m not sure how the vera3 has better specs than this. It has the z-wave plus chip, a 20% faster CPU, the same amount of ram, and 4 times the flash memory space all for significantly less than the vera3 was and ~$30 less than veraLite was. All it is really missing that the vera3 has is 4 Ethernet ports.

Heck, I could do without the wireless (which the Edge now has A, but not sure who would use that anyways). It’s just a waste, IMHO, to have wireless in there as most people will have wireless already. Most non-enthusiasts will likely have it as part of their internet package modem and most enthusiasts will likely have their own routers and/or APs in place.

I think they are leveraging some router hardware design.

Agreed. I forget who their Vera3 OEM is, but it’s an off the shelf design with the Z-wave radio added.

They continue to use older OEM reference designs to keep their profit margins on this thing up. Look at this link for a typical router OEM and scroll down to the 600Mhz board designs. $39 to $49, just add a z-wave daughter card and plastic case.

[quote=“SirMeili, post:52, topic:183464”]I’m not sure how the vera3 has better specs than this. It has the z-wave plus chip, a 20% faster CPU, the same amount of ram, and 4 times the flash memory space all for significantly less than the vera3 was and ~$30 less than veraLite was. All it is really missing that the vera3 has is 4 Ethernet ports.

Heck, I could do without the wireless (which the Edge now has A, but not sure who would use that anyways). It’s just a waste, IMHO, to have wireless in there as most people will have wireless already. Most non-enthusiasts will likely have it as part of their internet package modem and most enthusiasts will likely have their own routers and/or APs in place.[/quote]

I think you read that wrong. The Edge is a better price with even better specs… Maybe that worded better.

The Edge is on Amazon now at USD 149.95 … But out of stock :slight_smile:

Yup… I misread it… Sorry bout that!

[quote=“2exclusive, post:44, topic:183464”]Any one look into fibaro home center 2 controller the US Version yet? what are your thoughts on that controller? It looks very reliable and user interface is really nice to setup. Also seems to work great with there zwave products which are very well constructed.

http://mobile-us.vesternet.com/item/31333330[/quote]

You can buy 5 VeraEdge for the price of a Fibaro Home Center 2 ! So we all hope that the Fibaro product is hugely better than the VeraEdge.

I never saw it in stock and want to belive it was put on amazon without a quantity. Did anyone see it in stock or get an order that shipped?

I never saw it in stock and want to belive it was put on amazon without a quantity. Did anyone see it in stock or get an order that shipped?[/quote]

It’s NEVER been in stock. This is basically a pre-order.