New Vera: Vera Edge

Just saw this on Facebook. Not sure what “a month” actually means, we’ll just have to wait and see.

Edit: Here’s the Amazon link. It’s almost available http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PFGJZM8/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=veraedge_amzn_excl

1 month Facebook time = 2 years Vera Time ;D

Can you post a link, I can’t find it!

Redirecting... I was tempted to post a joke about Vera time, looks like you took care of that!!

Edge is probably a razor blade they provide you with their newer UI releases…

See http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=26451.30

Thanks @Brientim! I didn’t see that topic.

All–

Now if they only had fully functional firmware (i.e., UI7) to run on it!!!

Don

What is the upgrade procedure like with these things? Meaning going from my Vera3 to a new one?

Because with what I see coming from MCV, it seems if it’s a real PITA it’d be smarter to start over with somebody else, maybe?

I’m not sure if Vera is going to have some upgrade procedure. Switching between lite and Vera 3 is simply a system backup with a few files changed.

[quote=“NickTheGreat, post:8, topic:183464”]What is the upgrade procedure like with these things? Meaning going from my Vera3 to a new one?

Because with what I see coming from MCV, it seems if it’s a real PITA it’d be smarter to start over with somebody else, maybe?[/quote]

Well, at least going from Vera2 to Vera3 was not too bad. YMMV of course.

Streets250

The upgrade from vera lite to vera 3 was easy because both were running the same firmware. Suspect only UI7 will run on the edge, so upgrading will not be that easy unless MCV writes a utility…

Don

“Tech support says the new hardware would be released this month!!”

Guess the month wasn’t October…

Before I purchased my Vera 3 last month I asked support about new edge? He said he didn’t know anything about name or when a new Vera would be released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

“Tech support says the new hardware would be released this month!!”

Guess the month wasn’t October…[/quote]

He meant a month on Neptune, which still has about 13 Earth years to go…

LOL that is hilarious! ;D

Since UI7 (forcing you to stay with UI5) isn’t good to use based on info given to me so far why would we want to even use a new controller that is locked to UI7 now?

A decent amount of users want hardware upgrades from the current Vera such as more storage for plugins. It might be possible to downgrade the Vera edge by removing a force upgrade flag, similar to units currently installed with Ui7. I’m not sure about this, I’m just guessing.

We all want the hardware upgrade, Memory and new z-wave protocalls. Will it be locked to ui7… We don’t know yet. Ui7 isn’t ready yet, but neither is this new hardware. Maybe in the next few years when VERA finally releases this new Edge, UI7 will be ready (it’s getting better as plugins are now being upgraded to fix the holes and issues, just not ready yet)

A decent amount of users want hardware upgrades from the current Vera such as more storage for plugins. It might be possible to downgrade the Vera edge by removing a force upgrade flag, similar to units currently installed with Ui7. I’m not sure about this, I’m just guessing.[/quote]

We all want the hardware upgrade, Memory and new z-wave protocalls. Will it be locked to ui7… We don’t know yet. Ui7 isn’t ready yet, but neither is this new hardware. Maybe in the next few years when VERA finally releases this new Edge, UI7 will be ready (it’s getting better as plugins are now being upgraded to fix the holes and issues, just not ready yet)[/quote]

Thanks I do understand wanting upgrades which is why I didn’t purchase my Vera 3 for over a year, I was waiting for the newer hardware that never appeared.

Obviously I am light years from being anywhere near most of you on tasking the Vera 3 though although I do have a very long project list now for my Automation of our Home which I will accomplish in steps as I learn & have time in between other interest.

anybody knows if Veralite G is the latest/newest hardware?

http://getvera.com/controllers/veralite-g/