New Vera App on Itunes - Automator.App

There’s another choice for a remote for vera on iTunes! Checkout Automator.App

I just downloaded it and I love the fact that it supports door locks, temp/humidity sensors, motion sensors, door and window sensors! you can sort on devices, rooms, set favorites.

Wow, that’s great thanks for the info. Good to see more developers making apps for mios. Hopefully we can get a good iPad app soon.

www.custom-technologies.net

Yes, our application is now live on the App Store! We hope you enjoy it, and have a lot of ideas for future enhancements. You can find us at:

Website: [url=http://www.automatorapp.com/]http://www.automatorapp.com/[/url]
iTunes: [url=http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/automator-app/id394586792?mt=8&ls=1]http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/automator-app/id394586792?mt=8&ls=1[/url]

Enjoy!

Nice App.

I love the camera preview’s on the main page with the date & time stamp refreshing. This feature needs to be included within Vera.

Thank you.

JOD.

It was great to see the new apps yesterday (Automator and a working TrickTV). By my count, that makes 4 working apps for Iphone. Can’t wait to see who is first with an Ipad optimized app. It will be a killer, if done right.

FYI, having crashing issues on Automator.app (crashes every time after briefly showing my Vera2 in the list). Using my cp.mios.com credentials.

Support note sent. The screenshots look great! :wink:

.//A.

@automator.app … dont forget there are more android phones world wide than IPhones … thanks.

[quote=“anthonyris, post:6, topic:167529”]FYI, having crashing issues on Automator.app (crashes every time after briefly showing my Vera2 in the list). Using my cp.mios.com credentials.

.//A.[/quote]

We do have a issue that is causing a crash on startup that is affecting some but not all users. We are looking into it and will update when we have a cause determined.

Thanks

I may have to check this out. I am currently using sqremote, but was thinking of getting ivera to also use. I wish there was ipad support as well as android support. I guess time will only tell.

• Garrett

FYI: this is sorted out and working fine.

I had my old legacy Vera + my Vera2 in the Mios Dashboard. Having the old UI3 device there caused issues for Automator.app when it logged in.

Note: I first tried removing the legacy Vera, but it doesn’t actually remove it from the MIOS Dashboard, it just hides it… Maybe a batch function runs later on MCV side. Sigh.

So, I am using a login username that only has access to the Vera2 and all is well.

Overall:

• a nice simple app that has very fast navigation
  • allows preview, pan/tilt of Panasonic Cam
  • ability to have Favorites (woohoo!)
  • quick developer response (although I may have been the 2nd or 3rd install…)
  • can filter devices by type.
  • can sort Scenes and Rooms by name

Con:

• CANNOT sort Devices by name. Many of us use naming strategies to sort our devices in the MIOS Dashboard, but that is ignored in Automator.app. Can’t quite figure out how the Device list is sorted…
    EDITED: Yes, you can sort devices. I missed the option in the list.

• $20? meh. Maybe. $10 is a no-brainer.

.//A.

[quote=“automator.app, post:8, topic:167529”][quote=“anthonyris, post:6, topic:167529”]FYI, having crashing issues on Automator.app (crashes every time after briefly showing my Vera2 in the list). Using my cp.mios.com credentials.

.//A.[/quote]

We do have a issue that is causing a crash on startup that is affecting some but not all users. We are looking into it and will update when we have a cause determined.

Thanks[/quote]

+1 for android support!

Con: - CANNOT sort Devices by name. Many of us use naming strategies to sort our devices in the MIOS Dashboard, but that is ignored in Automator.app. Can't quite figure out how the Device list is sorted...

Device lists can be sorted by name. Click the “Filter” button and scroll down to the sort options. You can choose name and ascending or descending. See attached screen shot.

Ah! Nice. Didn’t scroll all the way down. I’ll edit my ding above…

[quote=“automator.app, post:12, topic:167529”]

Con:

• CANNOT sort Devices by name. Many of us use naming strategies to sort our devices in the MIOS Dashboard, but that is ignored in Automator.app. Can’t quite figure out how the Device list is sorted…

Device lists can be sorted by name. Click the “Filter” button and scroll down to the sort options. You can choose name and ascending or descending. See attached screen shot.[/quote]

So I bit the bullet and bought the app. The app is pretty nice. I like the fact that it shows a lot of detail about the devices. However I do have an issue, the battery status icons will disappear and not show up. Anyone having the same problems with there battery devices? Also my 3in1 sensor says it is not supported and will not report the battery status. All in all, I am still playing with the app and so far enjoying it!

• Garrett

Update 1: I jumped the gun on the 3in1. It does show up with the battery status, however when filtering the device list, it will only show when the “All devices” is checked. If I have the “unsupported devices” un-checked and the “All devices” checked, the 3in1 will show up as well as the unsupported devices. When un-checking “All devices” the 3in1 will disappear and the unsupported devices will also disappear like it should.

Update 2: What do you guys have showing for your thermostats? Does it only show what it is set to? How about if it is actually running? Ill have to send another email to the developer asking this question.

I see just Temp and Setpoints. Screen attached.
.//A.

Exchanged emails with the dev. and he is putting in a few fixes that I have found as well as a feature that will show if the thermostat is actually running e.g. idle, heating, etc.

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp, post:16, topic:167529”]Exchanged emails with the dev. and he is putting in a few fixes that I have found as well as a feature that will show if the thermostat is actually running e.g. idle, heating, etc.

• Garrett[/quote]

Yup, an update containing this and several other enhancements and bug fixes has been submitted to Apple. I’ll let you know when the update is available through iTunes.

[quote=“wseverino, post:1, topic:167529”]There’s another choice for a remote for vera on iTunes! Checkout Automator.App

I just downloaded it and I love the fact that it supports door locks, temp/humidity sensors, motion sensors, door and window sensors! you can sort on devices, rooms, set favorites.[/quote]

you guys must be loaded. i have read somewhere here that he has ivera, sq remote and now the automator.app. anyway, automator. app is $10 cheaper than ivera and sq remote. does it have all the functionalities of the more expensive sq remote?. i dont have the luxury of even getting either one of these right now due budget constraint; so i monitor vera2 through the web-cp2.mios.com/mobile. but i will probably settle with this automator.app. thanks again.

I am not one for spending money all the time either due to being single, have a mortgage and bills. I have sqremote, bought it when it was $50 and not long after they dropped it to 30! I have been using it for some time and like it, but here are things with the UI that do not make it very fast for accessing devices. I wanted to get ivera to use for faster access to my devices and this came out. I thought about it for a bit and said what the heck. I bought the app and it is really a nice featured app. I like the fact that you can do sorting and all of the important info is right there in front of you for each device. There is also detailed info about each device for power users and you can look at the json data to see what is going on behind the scenes. If you are looking to get an app for vera. This is one I would take into consideration. The price is cheaper then ivera and looks to only get better with more features being touted by the developer who is very responsive.

• Garrett

Hi,

I tried downloading the app and was given an error message that it is only supported on iOS 4.2+. I am still on 4.1.x and wondering if there was a technical reason for not supporting on earlier versions of iOS.

Ajay

[quote=“automator.app, post:3, topic:167529”]Yes, our application is now live on the App Store! We hope you enjoy it, and have a lot of ideas for future enhancements. You can find us at:

Website: [url=http://www.automatorapp.com/]http://www.automatorapp.com/[/url]
iTunes: [url=http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/automator-app/id394586792?mt=8&ls=1]http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/automator-app/id394586792?mt=8&ls=1[/url]

Enjoy![/quote]