Please note that since the public Alpha software has not yet been commercially released, it may contain bugs, errors, or technical inaccuracies. It may not function as well as general availability software releases. We advise you to create a backup before installing the Alpha software.
The Alpha Program contains Alpha software that is not recommended for testing on a production machine. They’re intended for testers only. Please try at your own risk.
We are preparing the Alpha Release for the new Linux Firmware on 24th of February for the Vera Edge controllers.
If you want to participate in this Program and receive regular updates please fill in this short form (only users that already own a Vera Edge controller are eligible for the program): Subject: Beta Cloud - Ezlo VOI and Local access
With this Alpha release you will be able to:
- Use Ezlo VOI™*
- Use Local mode
- Use Ezlo Cast™ - when a scene is run will action all devices simultaneously. For example if you have setup a scene to turn ON all lights when the scene run it will light all the bulbs in the same time, not one by one.
- Create scenes that are triggered by other devices
- Use scene controllers as triggers in scenes. This way, independent of an Internet connection, you will be able to run your scenes whenever you want.
- Have access to PIN Codes functionality for doorlocks (add/delete pin codes)
- Support for adding S2 security devices
- Work with new supported devices, compared to the previous Alpha release.
*Ezlo VOI™ (Voice Orchestration Infrastructure) is a patent pending platform that enables you to control any device connected to voice assistants like Alexa or Google to do stuff for you. What that means is now with Vera app you can “CONTROL EVERYTHING”. But that’s not all, the magic is that you can now create scenes having all the triggers from the VeraMobile app, including the devices paired with your controller and perform actions on devices that are controlled by Alexa or Google - amazing, right?
You can even control SmartThings devices connected to Alexa or Google!
You can get Alexa to control Google…
You can get Google to control Alexa…
You can get Siri to control Alexa…
You can get Siri to control Google
You can get Hey Google to control Alexa…
Just to give you an example you can set up a scene where if motion is detected or is sunset tell Alexa to turn ON the entrance light (Philips Hue connected to Alexa).
Important notes about the Firmware upgrade/downgrade process:
- Any backup created before the Firmware upgrade can’t be restored after upgrading to the new Linux Firmware which means that the setup/devices will be lost after moving for the first time to the new Firmware and will need to be repaired.
- The first upgrade to the New Linux firmware can be done using the current Web UI interface. However, once upgraded to the new Firmware, you will be able to connect to the controller only using the Android/iOS mobile app. The Web UI interface will not be usable.
- The Firmware downgrade feature is not yet available in this release for the end user. Until this component is ready, you will need to create a new user, add it to your controller and share it with us so we can use it to downgrade OR revert to the old firmware if needed.
- Instruction on how to add a temporary user to your controller can be found here: How to add a new user to your Controller. This will be a temporary user that you will be able to remove after we have completed the downgrade operation.