New Evolve LCD1 Plugin

[quote=“gengen, post:239, topic:176384”]@sig,

sorry, for your trouble. Indeed, the Evolve LCD1 scene controller does install a few entries in the UI7 “kit” files which allow Vera to recognize the device in the first place. Simply removing the original files will, unfortunately, not work.

I am still working feverishly on a new version which will also support the Nexia One-Touch. I’m making significant progress on this but it’s a major update which I hope to have completed by the end of this month.

Gengen[/quote]

That’s great news! Thanks for the update! I have 12 LCD-1’s that need to be updated! … they have a lot of issues with the Dimmer Switches and Dimmer Plugging Modules!!!
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

[quote=“gengen, post:239, topic:176384”]@sig,

sorry, for your trouble. Indeed, the Evolve LCD1 scene controller does install a few entries in the UI7 “kit” files which allow Vera to recognize the device in the first place. Simply removing the original files will, unfortunately, not work.

I am still working feverishly on a new version which will also support the Nexia One-Touch. I’m making significant progress on this but it’s a major update which I hope to have completed by the end of this month.

Gengen[/quote]

Hey, let me know if you need a beta tester for the Nexia support. I’d love to be able to finally put mine to use.

@ any update!!!

Just bumping this, hoping Gengen has an update on a newer release.

Good things come to those who wait. I hope to get something out before the end of the year.
Here is a teaser. Two screen shots from my current drivers for the Evolve LCD1 and Nexia One-Touch.

Awesome!.. I can wait to test it!.. :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile:

This update might just be my favorite Christmas present whenever it comes out :slight_smile:

I’m sitting here on the latest UI7 having one hell of a time to get my LCD to allow me to edit the screens. The option just doesn’t show up on the device configuration page. In fact, my configuration page doesn’t show the options across the top at all like it does in those screenshots from gengen.

It’s been awhile since I’ve touched this so maybe I’m skipping something… Downloaded app, uploaded files, added device as generic, then tried updating the json and xml files for it manually, tried creating device via the app, restarted the Vera a few times in there. Maybe I’ll just be patient and wait for the release.

If you need a tester, lmk, I’ll be happy to try on mine.

Edit:
Immediate progress update…

After adding the device again, then going in and manually updating the json and xml files on the device, then going in and hitting create device in the app and rebooting, I am now able to edit screens. Though my UI doesn’t show it the same as it does in the green bar on the screenshot…

I’m going to set up my labels and test. Stay tuned…

Edit 2:
At first the labels were overwriting each other (first button kept getting overwritten by button 2 label and everything else shifted up 1 as well). Then I realized I’m running firmware version .65 on this device which eliminates all the canned screens and allows for 3 meta-data screens with custom labels. I downgraded to FW version 56 and re-entered my labels and it looks good.

Now I’m having issues getting the backlight to stay on all the time (configuration parameter 21)… I’ll play around with it and follow up later tonight or tomorrow.

Edit 3:
I got the backlight to stay on (was entering decimal and should’ve been using hex) but then subsequently broke the scenes. They stopped firing and on my sniffer all I can see is the LCD sending the scene activations to the Vera and then the Vera does nothing. Interestingly, I was also seeing a non-existent node sending out information back to the LCD. I’m assuming this is maybe a virtual node that the plugin creates and uses to do things? I’m not sure why those commands don’t come from node 1 but I’m still working this whole thing out.

Things got so jacked up that I had three LCDs listed even though I only really had one. I ended up doing a factory reset and realized during the process that the odd node ID I saw sending controller packets was indeed the Vera, but I now think it was a result of recently having migrated controllers from a Vera 3 to a Plus. That said, I still have the labels on the LCD so I set it up as a regular scene controller for now and it is working fine with just the associations to manual scenes. I’ll wait for the update and do a clean install then.

At last, here is the long-awaited new update to the Evolve LCD1 Scene Controller version 1.21.
It is actually three plug-ins in one because it not only supports the Evolve LCD1 but also the Nexia One-Touch as well as the Cooper RFWC5. There are many new features in this version which can all be accessed from the control panel GUI. Please explore and try out the new features.

Also please see more documentation at: [url=http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_evolve-lcd1]http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_evolve-lcd1[/url] and [url=https://github.com/ElephantEight/GenGenSceneController]https://github.com/ElephantEight/GenGenSceneController[/url]
There are two versions posted here. You should probably use the 1.21 version rather than the 1.21d (debug) version unless you find problems. The debug version includes a lot more logging to LuaUPnP.log and can significantly increase overhead.

To install this plug-in, please unzip the attached file and upload 17 files into your Vera Apps → Develop Apps page. Then create a Vera device with the following parameters:
Description: Generic Scene Controller
Upnp Device Filename: D_GenGenSceneControllerInstaller.xml
Upnp Implementation Filename: I_GenGenSceneControllerInstaller.xml
All other fields: leave blank

The installer actually creates several other files in the appropriate places including an uninstaller device. If you click on the “uninstall” button, all files which were added or modified by the plug-in or previous versions should be uninstalled cleanly.

I want to especially thank Ron Luna from Ctrlable who helped out a lot on this.

If you find any problems, please PM me or include comments on this thread.

Gengen

Nice work! I have one of the Cooper RFWC5 scene controllers, so I’ll have to give this a try.

[quote=“gengen, post:248, topic:176384”]To install this plug-in, please unzip the attached file and upload 17 files into your Vera Apps → Develop Apps page. Then create a Vera device with the following parameters:
Description: Generic Scene Controller
Upnp Device Filename: D_GenGenSceneControllerInstaller.xml
Upnp Implementation Filename: I_GenGenSceneControllerInstaller.xml
All other fields: leave blank

The installer actually creates several other files in the appropriate places including an uninstaller device. If you click on the “uninstall” button, all files which were added or modified by the plug-in or previous versions should be uninstalled cleanly.

I want to especially thank Ron Luna from Ctrlable who helped out a lot on this.

If you find any problems, please PM me or include comments on this thread.

Gengen[/quote]

After unzipping the files and going to Apps > Develop apps > Luup files to upload them, the all get a ERROR and fail. I have tried a few times and also one at a time with the same results. I’m using the “GenGenSceneController_1.21” files

@mbairhead:

After unzipping the files and going to Apps > Develop apps > Luup files to upload them, the all get a ERROR and fail. I have tried a few times and also one at a time with the same results. I'm using the "GenGenSceneController_1.21" files

If you are getting errors while uploading the files even before creating the device, I suspect that you may be running out of flash space on your Vera. I noticed this recently and newer firmware versions seem to be crowding out space for other plug-ins. I ended up having to remove some plug-ins which I was not heavily using. I then had to go into the command-line console and carefully delete files in /etc/cmh-ludl which were clearly for plug-ins that had been removed but had not been completely deleted properly.

Here is version 1.22 which fixes a bug which could cause commands not to be executed with the latest Vera beta firmware.
If you already installed version 1.21, simply drop the new files on top of the old ones.
Once again, the 1.22d version is only for debugging and should generally not be installed.

Hello Everyone -

I decided to pick up an NX1000 to test this great plugin. Overall, things are testing pretty decent.

However, I’ve noticed that if I use a “direct” device/control, that the device I’m trying to use stays in a “Waiting for device to wakeup” message. These are line connected devices and should be “awake” all the time. But the message remains even after removing/restoring power, forcing a “configure now”, etc.

Similarly, I also have a “Waiting for device to wakeup” message on the Nexia itself. The device seems to work OK for scenes, however.

[quote=“gengen, post:252, topic:176384”]Here is version 1.22 which fixes a bug which could cause commands not to be executed with the latest Vera beta firmware.
If you already installed version 1.21, simply drop the new files on top of the old ones.
Once again, the 1.22d version is only for debugging and should generally not be installed.[/quote]

After cleaning out a couple plug-ins I wasn’t using I was able to upload the 1.22 version with no issue. I then followed the same instructions…

To install this plug-in, please unzip the attached file and upload 17 files into your Vera Apps -> Develop Apps page. Then create a Vera device with the following parameters: Description: Generic Scene Controller Upnp Device Filename: D_GenGenSceneControllerInstaller.xml Upnp Implementation Filename: I_GenGenSceneControllerInstaller.xml All other fields: leave blank

but no new device ever showed. Am I missing something?

edit
After logging in at home the “Scene Controller Uninstaller” is there but nothing else.

edit 2
Everything is there, it took a few hours for it to show up for some reason. Also, when setting up a button with “Direct” chosen instead of “Scene”, it took about an hour for Vera to resolve that.

As noted above, everything works great! Thank you!

I do have one issue though, my Nest thermostats don’t show when I try to add a Temperature screen. I’m using the “Nest Thermostat and Protect” plugin, version 1.8.

@tbully. The “Waiting for device to wake up” or “Device fell asleep unexpectedly” messages refer to the Nexia One Touch, not to your target device. Even when the plug-in is sending the device reconfiguration information, it tends to fall asleep. You need to tap on the page selection icons near the bottom of the screen to wake it back up until the message goes away. Just using the controller, however, should not cause this to happen.

@mbairhead, I have not used this plug-in before. Please send me your output from
http://<vera_ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml
(Share it on DropBox or Google Drive and PM me a link)
and please mention the specific device that you are trying to access.
The plug-in works better for Z-Wave thermostats. Nest is not Z-Wave.

Gengen

Hi Gengen -

Thanks for the response. I gave it a few days to see if it’d naturally clear up (also forced a wakeup, of course) but the “Waiting for device to wake up” message persists. I even deleted and re-added the device and made no button configs…just the default labels.

Any ideas to help troubleshoot? The device works fine…it gets updates to buttons, etc but this one message never goes away.

@Tully
Please install the debug version and then please send me the output of LuaUPnP.log. Please reinstall the non-debug version after you have taken the log.

Gengen

[quote=“gengen, post:258, topic:176384”]@Tully
Please install the debug version and then please send me the output of LuaUPnP.log. Please reinstall the non-debug version after you have taken the log.

Gengen[/quote]

Thanks for offering to help, Gengen. Due to the size of my network and number of plugins, this log is extremely busy and rolls often. Is there a time-period you’d be most interested in? Inclusion (including reboots?) Send a command to configure? Just trying to save you some work and possible back-and-forth.

@Tully

Send me a log of when the message appears and waking the device up does not make it disappear.