New Evolve LCD1 Plugin

I have a Aeon Labs z-wave smart strip, which creates child devices to control individual sockets. I was unable to +Direct to the child devices as a toggle. Error indicates it could not figure out the z-wave device to control…

AssociateDevice: Unknown target device: 131 Group=2 Controlling device=150(Nexia One Touch Scene Controller Z-Wave) GetZWaveNode: cannot find device for zwave_dev_num=131

I assumed I could use toggle scenes as a work-around. The scenes build fine and run fine direct from the GUI, but the buttons do not activate their scenes. I tried another standard z-wave device, and it worked as momentary scene, but once I changed to a toggle it did not. So only +Direct working for me.

VeraSecure 1.7.3454 and Nexia One-Touch NX1000

Confirmed after more testing. I deleted the scenes and recreated them directly in standard scene editor.

I can control a normal Z-Wave device as a toggle +Direct.
I cannot control a child Z-Wave device as a toggle +Direct.

I can run a scene as a momentary.
I cannot run a scene as a toggle.

Can anyone tell me if I should first install the Mios Application and then download the latest Gengen files, or only the latest Gengen files are sufficient.

Instructions just a few posts back… [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15938.msg338199.html#msg338199]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,15938.msg338199.html#msg338199[/url]

Thank’s for your your answer.
I did just that, but there is no specific application that appears in the list of installed applications. Is it correct?

[quote=“lafer, post:265, topic:176384”]Thank’s for your your answer.
I did just that, but there is no specific application that appears in the list of installed applications. Is it correct?[/quote]

When you manually install a plug-in like this it will not appear in the list of Applications. That is partially why there was a “Scene Controller Uninstaller” created to help if you decide to uninstall.

[quote=“gengen, post:260, topic:176384”]@Tully

Send me a log of when the message appears and waking the device up does not make it disappear.[/quote]

Gengen, I have installed the plug-in and successfully paired a Nexia One-Touch, and the wake up message does not go away even after the labels and associated commands get updated. The wake-up message even persists after a reboot.

As indicated above, the One-Touch only works for momentary scenes and +Direct toggle parent z-wave devices. The application for which I bought the Nexia One-Touch and installed the plug-in does not work at all currently. Need either child z-wave devices or toggle scenes to work in order to use the One-Touch for my reptile cages - and likely many other applications.

@wilme2

Need either child z-wave devices or toggle scenes to work in order to use the One-Touch for my reptile cages
Reptile cages? Are we talking snakes and lizards here? Woah! Maybe you need Z-Wave mouse trap to catch their food! [url=https://domeha.com/blog/meet-the-mouser-the-worlds-first-z-wave-electric-mousetrap]https://domeha.com/blog/meet-the-mouser-the-worlds-first-z-wave-electric-mousetrap[/url] :)

In all seriousness, I still need the output of LupUPnP.log from the debug version of the plug-in to see what is actually going wrong. I will also need the output of http://<vera_ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml. Please upload these files to a sharing site such as Google Drive or DropBox and PM me the link along with a detailed description of the specific devices and scenes that you are trying to control with your Nexia One-Touch. (Unfortunately, this forum does not allow attachments in PM’s. and you don’t want to post this stuff publicly.)

Gengen

[quote=“gengen, post:268, topic:176384”]@wilme2

Need either child z-wave devices or toggle scenes to work in order to use the One-Touch for my reptile cages
Reptile cages? Are we talking snakes and lizards here? Woah! Maybe you need Z-Wave mouse trap to catch their food! [url=https://domeha.com/blog/meet-the-mouser-the-worlds-first-z-wave-electric-mousetrap]https://domeha.com/blog/meet-the-mouser-the-worlds-first-z-wave-electric-mousetrap[/url] :)

In all seriousness, I still need the output of LupUPnP.log from the debug version of the plug-in to see what is actually going wrong. I will also need the output of http://<vera_ip>/port_3480/data_request?id=user_data&output_format=xml. Please upload these files to a sharing site such as Google Drive or DropBox and PM me the link along with a detailed description of the specific devices and scenes that you are trying to control with your Nexia One-Touch. (Unfortunately, this forum does not allow attachments in PM’s. and you don’t want to post this stuff publicly.)

Gengen[/quote]

Hello All -
This is still on my to-do list. Apologies for being away.

Is there an event around which I should pull the log? Like right after changing the One-Touch labels? Or after pressing a button? Since I have two problems, one at a time?

@wilme2

The obvious answer is “yes.” Please send me whatever logs you believe make sense. Record the time that you do certain operations such as pushing a button or changing settings so that I can correlate these actions with time stamps in the log.

Wilme2 provided some debug logs which clarified the problems that he is having. Unfortunately, both are hardware limitations of the Nexia One-Touch and there is no good work around.

1. Vera scene toggle. Unfortunately, this does not work for the Nexia One-Touch because when you toggle a device “off”, the driver does not know which button you turned off. The Evolve LCD1 can send different scene numbers for “on” and “off” and the Cooper RFWC5 has an “Indicator Get” command which can be used to find out which button was turned off. However, the Nexia One-Touch has neither of these. The Nexia One-Touch does support the Central Scene mode which could allow you to set different scenes for single click, double click and long press, but not toggle on/off. Support for this feature is on my to-do list.

2. Toggle Direct mode. You cannot directly control a multi-channel device like an Aeon Labs Smart power strip. Unfortunately, none of the scene controllers supports multi-channel devices. Indeed, this can be considered a limitation in the Z-Wave protocol. You could control all of the devices on the power strip simultaneously by targeting the parent, rather than the child devices. However, that is probably not what you want.

The bugs in the Scene Controller plug-in are that the user interface allows you to select these features. In the next release, I will update the plug-in to grey-out the features which cannot be implemented by the hardware.

Help on installation?

When I installed version 1.22 on my Vera Plus and created the new device the “Zwave”, “ZigBee” and “Bluetooth” LEDs started to turn on and off alternately. It was then very difficult to connect to the GUI. Pairing the LCD1 module has not changed anything except I got two distinct devices in the control panel.

After several hours of this behavior the only way to regain control of my Vera Plus was to reload a backup. I redid the installation several times and I always have the same result. Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Thank’s for your help

@lager,

It looks like your Beta is going into a reboot loop for some reason. Please send me you LuaUPnP.log and I can debug this in more detail.

My first guess is that you may be running out of flash space. You may need to remove some unused plug-ins but this is just a wild guess without more information.

Gengen.

SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 105 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=1518744455.3422 SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 105 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=1518744450.8978 SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 101 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=1518744445.8158 SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 101 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=1518744443.2211 Waiting for device to wake up SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 101 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=1518744440.7296

I am trying to map existing momentary scenes. But this plug-in is not playing nice. I should be able to write the scene and map the button, then name the button.

OK I let the plug-in write new scenes for the One-Touch, and after a whole lot of work-arounds, the buttons do something useful.

But how do I get the One-Touch to show them momentary? It still toggles the black background like a toggle, even though they are set to be momentary scenes. Please, just shade the background for a second as I press a button.

Crud, I now realize they are momentary - some are just stuck with the black backgrounds. One works as expected.

Pulled the battery to clear the backgrounds. Then bizarre text on the One-Touch including the entire alphabet (well, as much as I could see) added to one of my labels, and dashes added to another. Trying to just change them did not resolve, as the plug-in did not know about the extra characters. Changed them slightly by adding a “1” to the end of each, and then changed back, all good.

At one point my controller icon said:

Waiting for device to wake up Waiting for device to wake up Waiting for device to wake up Waiting for device to wake up Waiting for device to wake up

and right now it says:

SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 105 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=1518746625.1911 SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 101 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=1518746621.658 SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 105 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=1518746619.3654 SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 109 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=1518746616.8569 SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 105 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=1518746613.6458 Waiting for device to wake up Waiting for device to wake up Waiting for device to wake up Waiting for device to wake up Waiting for device to wake up SceneChange: Received unknown scene ID: 105 peer_dev_num=151 cur_scene_time=1518746611.5604

And now none of the buttons work again.

Let the plug-in think I was editing each scene and waited the associated 5 reloads of LuaUPNP. Then one of the labels reverted back to an old name but that wasn’t in GUI, so changed, then changed back.

Whew. First five buttons work as momentary and run their scenes. Was it worth the effort - probably not. But now, after all the work-arounds, at least the buttons work well enough that I tested the WAF - and as long as it continues to work like it does now, we are happy.

Now one issue left for my initial deployment. How do I get rid of the one remaining “Waiting for device to wake up”? Shows up on the device and in the notification panel. Survives a reboot as well as the successful wake-up and provision of the device.

@gengen

Thank you for the answer,

For the LOG do I have to take it when the VERA is looping and does not work well or at any time? Is it better to erase the previous data?

@Lafer

Send me whatever log you have. I will analyze it and ask for more if I need it.

Please see my previous instructions to wilme2 except that in your case, I don’t suggest using the debug version. Getting the user data xml however could be very useful along with the log.

Gengen