Netatmo Weather Station plugin

It’s still downloading plugin files. Doing more reloads will only delay it further. Just wait it out. The plugin will be borked until the downloads complete.

Thanks. I did a reload because it was sitting there for about 45 minutes.
It may be my ignorance of the infrastructure but it doesn’t seem like the app has that many files and they aren’t that large so why would it take that long to download and install or is this just one of those ‘Vera idiosyncrasies’?

I believe the app store server is significantly overloaded (at least that’s what I read from a post by, I think, @Sorin) which may account for your issues.

There was talk about moving it to a more powerful host, which is the kind of thing one would rather assume would be business as usual, but no idea if it’s happened as yet.

C

I probably should have just dropped the files in manually
Hopefully it will be done by the end of the day?
:roll_eyes:

Fingers crossed!

C

Yes, it’s not about the host specs but about the entire app store infrastructure which is not keeping up.
A successor is going to take its place at some point, hopefully 2020.

It’s good to hear that the problem is recognized and there is a plan in place to remedy it but the hopefully 2020 doesn’t sound reassuring. Priorities I guess.

It was not always this way, but it’s a “new normal” apparently. I’ve noticed stalled downloads since 7.29 on the Vera side, and timed out connections more frequently on the developer side (which is really uncomfortable when you’re trying to upload and update new plugin files and they have to be perfect). I think it’s just the fact that Vera did a lot of hard wool-pulling on their cloud infrastructure to update it and improve performance, but left the app store alone. Since they have other future plans for an app store, presumably centered around the new firmware and not at all related to anything in or about the current one, this one is just being left to rot, it appears. I think there also may be a load balancer configuration problem in the mix, or some other network misconfiguration, as the miss rate on connections seems pretty high but the first retry success rate seems to be quite high as well.

Shouldn’t it be like one of the most High priority on Todoist before for atom, Vera apps, Vera firmware ( from 7:31)?
I cant access the App Store at all now…

/ Mattias

Ahhh.

And exactly how complex is the infrastructure for special interest App Store? :wink:

C

Three hours and now I have:
Luup: Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes.
Netatmo[75]: Startup Lua Failed
Getting closer I guess, I at least have a device now.
Downloaded the files from github to see and expanded its only a little over 120K
I guess I’ll just keep waiting.

If it created a device then you have all the files.

That error is likely from not having the login credentials set.

I have given up on upgrading, 3 hours, and still trying to download, and also the dreaded “Error in lua and scenes”

Rolled back to a 2016 version, and will wait until a fix is ready :smiley:

I think AK was going to take a look at and try to figure out whether it was app store related but but its getting late across the pond. Maybe tomorrow.

Yes, it’s getting late and I’ve been away from my development system. But I have downloaded the version from the MiOS App Store to my Test Vera Edge, and I have a problem with it not starting.

Hopefully make some progress tomorrow.

Argh, despite auto update being off for my Netatmo plugin, vera tried tried to upgrade it anyway (WTF Vera???) and its now stuck unable to start … that was after it I discovered it trying to download plugins for ages.

Is there anyway to downgrade to the previous version?

I have the same symptoms and as this has put Netatmo in a failed to start state this is block other automation from working.
luup_log:963: —=== GOOGLE HOME INITIALIZED ===— <0x76ffe520>
01 01/08/20 15:20:33.005 LuaInterface::CallFunction_Startup-1 device 998 function init failed attempt to call a nil value <0x76ffe520>
01 01/08/20 15:20:33.006 LuImplementation::StartLua running startup code for 998 I_Netatmo.xml failed <0x76ffe520>

I checked my logs and it looks like the error is related to not being able to locate some of the files on the server (in particular netatmo.png), I was doing a fresh install.
I’m sure AK will resolve it when he gets time to take a look at it.

Maybe you can get the files from here instead?

https://github.com/akbooer/Netatmo/tree/development

I don’t think that it’s an issue of a missing file, but possibly one in the wrong place. This may be related to the icon directory changes made in 7.30 firmware. I had changed all the icon references to download from the web to try and alleviate issues like this, but something is wrong and I’ve yet to find out what.

AFAIK, exactly the same code is running just fine under openLuup.