Netatmo Weather Station plugin

@akbooer are there instructions somewhere covering installing your plugin manually (non-alt UI), including the device creation part?

Copying the files into Vera via the Dev Apps is simple enough (although I’m not sure where to put the icons files).

I see the same in my system if I trigger an update of Netatmo plugin “Failed to download Netatmo.png”.
I allso see Netatmo startup lua failed and the plugin is not working.
I tried to manually upload the file using WinSCP but it is stil complaining.

If I upload the “Master” branch files the plugin goes back to working state but it stil keeps trying to download the .png file.

1 Like

Could this log error entry provide some insight into the problem:
01 01/09/20 13:55:24.415 FileUtils::ReadURL 0/resp:404 user: pass: size 229 http://apps.mios.com/plugins/4456/39398/Netatmo.png response:

404 Not Found

Not Found

The requested URL /plugins/4456/39398/Netatmo.png was not found on this server.

Is it possible to remove any reliance on the internet for this plugin to startup after installing?
I understand it is needed for data but surely it shouldn’t be needed for startup?

1 Like

I managed to get the Netatmo plugin to run using the development branch files.
I just had to comment out the first line in the L_Netatmo.lua file like this:

-- module ("L_Netatmo", package.seeall)

Not sure what this line is suposed to do but I get startup lua failed if I do not comment it out.
Any comment to this @akbooer ?

I stil see the " Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes." but I don’t think there is anything I can do about that…

1 Like

Hi,

I had a similar issue with one of my plugins on the app store. I had removed the use of icons from the Vera local storage and used online icons only. Hence the icons got removed from the app store. Then in a next release the icons got included in the file list again, but they are no longer on the app server. After making a new release to remove the icon files again it started behaving as expected again. Problem is the weekly approval cycle by Vera. They only do that on Mondays.

Cheers Rene

2 Likes

Ooops.

OK, my fault entirely. It’s so long since I did a proper update of the Netatmo plugin that this slipped through. It’s a line which allows me to debug under openLuup using proper development tools, along with a different implementation file. I’ll modify my process so that this doesn’t happen again.

Thanks for that insight Rene, it could well explain some things…

Thanks for that, and, indeed, that referencing that URL from a browser fails to find the file.

However, looking at the published distribution in the MiOS App store, shows this:

…which clearly has the icon file there.

The App store is such a nightmare to use, and to test releases (the test functionality has never worked.). I’d all but abandoned it in the past, relying on direct updates from GitHub, or using the Alt App Store from AltUI. However, I did recently try (mistakenly) to make this easier for non-AltUI users.

This whole experience has reminded me once again just how appallingly bad the Vera support for developers remains. It is very, very frustrating, and I am also reminded of the very many developers who have simply given up on the whole sorry process. The latest firmware debacle does nothing to inspire confidence either. This initial enthusiasm inspired by @melih, and ably supported on this forum by @Sorin and others has dwindled, and it feels like we are back to where we were.

We are promised an improved App store (I think) but that will come too late. We are promised improved firmware, but the changes made even up to now required developers to run in order to stand still (or, in this case, move backwards.) We are promised new hardware (cf. CES) but we don’t know what it is…

…Sorry, I seem to have succumbed to New Year blues – but I’ll try and fix my errors in a new release. Thanks to all for the help.

AK

3 Likes

Apt description. It’s full of little gotchas. When combined with that weekly approval cycle, mistakes are just brutally painful. That said, I’ve been successful begging @Sorin, very infrequently (twice in two years that I can remember?), for an expedited re-release, and he’s made that happen (and I am again grateful). But as far as I understand, it also did not receive upgrades when the cloud infrastructure was revamped–it’s still the old services/servers. It is truly the unwanted step-child in the family right now, and it shows.

Since we’re going to be living with it yet for untold time, though… “Test” hasn’t worked since UI5, that I know of, but the install-plugin request with the Version parameter added works famously, and I use that religiously to test installation of release candidates. The version number to use is the number displayed when you go into the “Versions” tab and click the “Show files” button–that opens a window with a list of plugin files for the release version you’ve created, and in the URL for that window is the number to use (in the PK_Version parameter). I’ve used this mechanism to publish the install link for the Reactor 3.5 release candidate, for example. It’s a very useful way to make your Vera initiate the install of a specific set and version of files, just as if a user was requesting an install.

The app store was actually down for me briefly as I wrote this. As I’ve said before elsewhere, it was a tactical error to not upgrade this store with UI7, and was and is a repeated error to not upgrade the infrastructure with the remainder, when existing customers are required to interact with the facility on a daily basis (even if they don’t know they are doing it). IMO, since we are now at the point where we are likely seeing the last revision(s) of this line of firmware, I doubt the current handling of the app store will change.

At least, it’s a devil we know.

1 Like

App installed and working, also seeing " Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes."
If I reload the engine I see:
Luup : Downloading Luup Plugins
Luup : Downloading file: Netatmo.png
Luup : Failed to Download Luup Files
Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes.
Does this everytime it reloads (was changing rooms for devices).

Ah yes. I used to do the same, but it is SO long since I have updated a MiOS store plugin that I had forgotten how to do it. Thanks!

I think this comes from the missing icon file - should be fixed in the next release.

Should the the pressure should be outdoor and not indoor? Not a big deal as you can rename the device in Vera.
In the mobile app they list it as just pressure but its grouped with all of the Outdoor stuff. If you go to the Netatmo website and look at the device specifications under the outdoor module it lists it as a feature of the outdoor module. However, if I log into my Netatmo account it shows pressure under INDOOR. My modules are named Indoor and Outdoor respectively.
Does anyone else’s show this way?

@akbooer can you please point me to manual install instructions for the plugin (vanilla Vera)?

It’s shown as it appears in the API, part of the main (indoor) module.

Unless you live in a sealed chamber, it’s going to be the same inside and out, anyway.

1 Like

Under normal circumstances I know the barometric pressure would essentially be the same. I just thought it a little strange that Netatmo shows it as part of the indoor module on the web interface and on the mobile app its shown with the other outdoor stuff when the sensor is in the outdoor module.
I’m sure they had a reason.

I still cant get mine working even after uploading a fixed L_Netatmo2.lua file, the problem for me is there are no variables in the Netatmo device so I cant configure the required credentials.

I’ve tried deleting and recreating the device but no joy.

@akbooer can you please answer my earlier question on how to perform a manual install from github? I tried your crossed out instructions and I still dont get the config variables section for some reason.

Pretty sure you only need to modify the L_Netatmo.lua and do not need to modify the L_Netatmo2.lua.
I only modified the L_Netatmo.lua per korttoma’s post and then it installed.

That’s odd, I found it as the first line in the L_Netatmo2.lua file and it’s not in the L_Netatmo.lua file that I can find.

So what is the fix? I have tried running update this plugin manually and reloading luup?

Just get the latest files from here and upload manually via Apps → Develop apps → Luup files
No need to modify any file since the files have been updated by akbooer allready.

https://github.com/akbooer/Netatmo/tree/development

Note: It will not clear the message " Luup : Failed to download all plugins. Will retry in 10 minutes " but the plugin should work anyway.

1 Like

I did a manual install with modded files but couldn’t get the variables panel working to input my credentials.

I ended up shh’ing in to my Plus Ana deleting all Netatmo files manually. I didn’t have time to try another install from scratch.