Neo Coolcam Motion Sensor not recognized as Motion Sensor neither door/window

Hi, I just got a Vera Edge controller and a Neo Coolcam Motion Sensor. Tried to connect it pairing to the Vera Edge but it is not recognized as it should be, a sensor of motion.

It only allows me to define a scene when it is switched ON or OFF, no options about motion detecting.

As it is not in the Vera Edge list of devices, I tried to define it as the ones more similar: Fibaro 4 in 1 and Doom Motion Detector (that, by the way, I found in another topic that worked for another users of it).

But no way, it takes the icon of a “General Z-Wave device” and only accepts ON or OFF

Am I doing anything wrong? Should I give back it to the seller?

Thanks and kind regards.

Javier

Occasionally it takes 24 hours for Vera to properly recognise devices, I’d wait for a day and see what happens after a system heal.

And sometimes, a reboot after a pairing helps as well.

For me they work a little, but they are not recognized properly. Can’t change very much needed configuration parameters.

OK, thanks for your answers. I will do both things and come back with results.

Javier

Reboot done… Same situation?. >:(

Waiting for the 24 hours lap time suggested. I will update.

By the way, I have same situation with the Neo Coolcam Door/Window sensor. Also defined as Doom Door/Window sensor because it seems to be, at least externally and internally, identical.

Regards

Javier

Take a look at this

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52011.msg380785.html#msg380785

Hi, cw-kid.

Thanks for your answer. I follow what wrote in the ref. post and, at least, the devoice is now recognized as it had to be.

Now it is time t work with the push-notifications with pushover.

And to contact support for the door/window sensor…

Thanks.

Javier

I don’t have any Neo CoolCam door / window sensors what is the problem with those? Are they also not recognised as the correct device type?

It might just be a case of editing the Neo CoolCam door / window device with the correct properties for that type of device:

device_type = urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DoorSensor:1
device_file = D_DoorSensor1.xml
device_json = D_DoorSensor1.json
category_num = 4
subcategory_num = 1

I had a similar problem with some Heiman HS1DS-Z Door / Window Sensors

See here

[quote=“cw-kid, post:10, topic:199299”]It might just be a case of editing the Neo CoolCam door / window device with the correct properties for that type of device:

device_type = urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DoorSensor:1
device_file = D_DoorSensor1.xml
device_json = D_DoorSensor1.xml
category_num = 4
subcategory_num = 1

I had a similar problem with some Heiman HS1DS-Z Door / Window Sensors

See here[/quote]

Hi, cw-kid, thanks again for your help.

This is exactly what I did, taking the data from the example that comes with the Vera Edge Dashboard, BUT, I feel it doesn’t work correctly, it doesn’t detect when the magnet is separated from the detector, this is the reason I addressed support too.

BTW, I do believe that the device_json parameter should be D_DoorSensor1.json (not .xml in this one)

Additionally, in the example included in the dashboard, the id_parent and the embedded parameters are used. In the “generic” one to-be-modified it is not and I didn’t change it?. Do you know if I should change also them?

Regards

Javier

Yes it should be D_DoorSensor1.json was a typo.

For the Heiman HS1DS-Z Door / Window Sensors I have, I had to modify the parent device and then hide the unneeded child device.

Not sure if you need to do the same with the Neo Coolcam door / window sensor device?

Let me copy here how is MY “Door/Window sensor” defined in the ref. parameters:

id_parent 1

nobulk
embedded
disabled
restricted

device_file D_DoorSensor1.xml

id 25

And this how it is defined in the example that comes with the dashboard:

id_parent 25

nobulk
V embedded (marked)
disabled
restricted

device_file D_DoorSensor1.xml

id 26

Similar differences can be found in my definition of “Motion Sensor” and the one as example in the dashboard. Motion works, Door seems not to work.

Anyway, are you or any other one able to explain what is the meaning of those parameters and/or the importance and influence of their values? Is it normal that the id of my door sensor is at the same time the id_parent of the example? In the case of the motion sensor there is no relation between them.

Thanks and kind regards.

Javier

“id” is the device # number.

“id_parent” is the ID number of the parent device, if there is one?

For devices that do not have a parent device the id_parent seems to be populated with “1”.

I wouldn’t worry too much about these values.

So in your case the device with id # 26 is the child device.

The device with id # 25 is the parent device.

I would modify the parent device as discussed and if that then looks correct and works as a door sensor?

Just hide the child device from the UI7 GUI.

[quote=“cw-kid, post:15, topic:199299”]So in your case the device with id # 26 is the child device.

The device with id # 25 is the parent device.

I would modify the parent device as discussed and if that then looks correct and works as a door sensor?

Just hide the child device from the UI7 GUI.[/quote]

This is the definition in the dashboard example (not my actual device), In my device it is not that of my real device id # 1 for the parent and id # 25 the child.

What seems to be strange for me is that “my id # 25” is the “parent device” of the example?

Aditionally, is your final definition of the sensor similar to mine? With a number in the id-parent and all the subparameters (included the embedded one) unmarked?

Thanks again

I don’t understand what you mean by “definition in the dashboard example” ?

What is this?

Here is my letterbox door sensor device. The parent is the device I modified as described here and the child device is normally hidden from view as it’s not required.

Parent Device:

name
Letterbox
device_type
urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DoorSensor:1
altid
ip
mac
manufacturer
model
id_parent
nobulk
embedded
disabled
restricted
device_file
D_DoorSensor1.xml
id
impl_file
time_created
room
poll
category_num
subcategory_num
device_json
D_DoorSensor1.json

Child device:

name
Letterbox Child
device_type
urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:DoorSensor:1
altid
b10
ip
mac
manufacturer
model
id_parent
nobulk
embedded (This is ticked on the child device)
disabled
restricted
device_file
D_DoorSensor1.xml
id
impl_file
time_created
category_num
subcategory_num
device_json
D_DoorSensor1.json
room

Not sure if this helps answer your question?

Yes, might be it could, thanks for sharing it.

BUT I have several differences from my side. I don’t have any “child” device in my devices, not in the real ones, not in the examples that come with the Dashboard.

I tried to have a look to the Lua code you refer to for the case they are hidden, but, as I could expect, there is nothing, it is intended only for adding user code.

Javier

Well ideally you don’t want a child device.

The problem with the Neo Coolcam motion sensor and the Heiman HS1DS-Z door sensors I have, is that when these devices are paired to Vera it adds them as two devices instead of one, hence the need to manually do the modifications on the parent device and then hide the child device.

If you only have one device for the Neo Coolcam door sensor then that’s how it should be.

For example when I added my Sensitive strips door sensors they were correctly added as only one device.