My Veralite is very slow - how to debug ?

My box Veralite is very slow for a few weeks.
On the dashboard there is only 20 devices.

I would like to debug this problem ?
I know how to connect the veralite in ssh, but I don’t know what to do ?

“slow” means for exemple, if the mention detect my presence, the light is ON after 7 seconds.
Or if I use the web interface to light on a device, It can take 10 seconds before to be executed.

Do you have any plugins installed? If you do what plugins?

• Garrett

I ve installed 3 plugins

• Google weather plugin
  • karotz controller
  • ergy plugin

Remove the ergy plugin and see if that corrects your slowness.

• Garrett

[quote=“trackingnewtech, post:3, topic:171482”]I ve installed 3 plugins

• Google weather plugin
  • karotz controller
  • ergy plugin[/quote]

I absolutely agree with garrettwp.
I had the ERGY plugin installed. The system got sooooooooo slow and in the end it rebooted over and over and over…
Please de-install the ERGY plugin, reboot your unit and let us know.

Flo

I’ve uninstalled this Plugin and Now everything work well.
Am I wrong or is IT a Plugin made by micasaverde team ?

[quote=“trackingnewtech, post:6, topic:171482”]I’ve uninstalled this Plugin and Now everything work well.
Am I wrong or is IT a Plugin made by micasaverde team ?[/quote]

I know! Isnt this unbelievable. No idea who makes it but its realllyy baaaadd…
They should disasble this plugin.
Consider yourself lucky. My Vera was not responsive at all until I figured out what was going on :slight_smile:

Enjoy your weekend - and forget ERGY :slight_smile:

Flo

As reported in another post by MCVFlorin, I believe it is developed by Ergy.

• Garrett

I have a vera 3 that is slow. I had the ergy plugin but removed it. Rebooted many times. Still slow. Ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

@meichacker

Is the UI slow to load? Are the commands executed with a big delay? Can you give me more details?

Do you have any other plugins?

Sorry, I didn’t see your reply. Thanks for responding.

UI is fine, it’s the motion sensed lights that have big delays sometimes and other times they work fine. I had the ergy plugin but removed it. Now I put it back again. No change. I have a scene controller that is slow to respond. I am trying to find out how to troubleshoot this system in general. I have telneted into it but see next to nothing. I have added a USB stick but cannot access any info on it.

Thanks,
Mike

[quote=“meichacker, post:11, topic:171482”]Sorry, I didn’t see your reply. Thanks for responding.

UI is fine, it’s the motion sensed lights that have big delays sometimes and other times they work fine. I had the ergy plugin but removed it. Now I put it back again. No change. I have a scene controller that is slow to respond. I am trying to find out how to troubleshoot this system in general. I have telneted into it but see next to nothing. I have added a USB stick but cannot access any info on it.

Thanks,
Mike[/quote]

Hi Mike,

99% sure its caused by the “great” Ergy plugin.
When you remove it, did you re-start your Vera? (Just power cycle it).
Let me know if that helps!

Flo

The new ergy 1.1 plugin has not slowed down my vera with 97 devices on it. It also actually works as well which is a bonus.

I am happy it works for you.
I for sure will not install this plugin anymore - no matter what version number it carries :slight_smile:

Flo

If you want something to drive Vera bonkers try installing a Aeon 4 in 1 Multi Sensor which vera doesn’t handle. Slows down to a crawl, Issues error message all over the spectrum and kicks of scenes at random.

Haha… wow.
Thanks for the warning! I will keep this in mind!

Flo

I Have it install but my vera 3 is responding fast.

Are you sure that the slowness is due to it?

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tvq2vq

Had 2 of them installed and they wouldn’t configure. As soon as I excluded them it went back to normal, stable and fast. Feel that Vera was trying to configure them continually and trying to establish associations in error which created the issue. Only set up the motion portion of the device. Running Vera3 UI 1.5.346. What are you running?

same version as you and all is working fine from 8 month. The device created the temperature, humidity and luminosity device.

See the screenshot.

@teonebello

These are setting up as motion sensors and I feel that they should set up as Combo devices, which would be more normal. MC is working on the issue but no resolution. How did the device set up in yours.

Thanks