Monthly subscription for imperihome?

Oh crap:

Just recieved an update of imperihome saying it is going to be subscription based per user. And something about premium option.

Anyone has more info? I can’t fine anything on the website from imperihome.

Cor

Yea, it is a bit confusing.

It highlights NEW premium users.

I’m gathering that means if you have pro already you’re ok.

Hopefully it’ll mean new features coming

I’m afraid so, but I hope only for new Premium users …
ImperiHome having to pay would be a nice fall for new VERA users, it is the only interface that fits logically.
AltUI looks like a work of Kandinsky with a stomach ache…and they make you pay! ;D
VERA App with My Modes is useful as a fan at the North Pole.
I mean … we’re not lucky :-\

I would love to see Actiontiles work with Vera. Looks to be a nice interface. It looks like it only works with SmarThings at this point in time: https://www.actiontiles.com/

[quote=“Chrisfraser05, post:3, topic:197860”]It highlights NEW premium users.

I’m gathering that means if you have pro already you’re ok.

Hopefully it’ll mean new features coming[/quote]

But what is a premium user , is that someone who bought the pro version?
And how do they define a user? , the imperihome on my walltablets don’t have a username for example.

Cor

Evertygo refers to the paid version for Android as Imperihome Pro, but on the Apple iOS AppStore, it is referred to as Imperihome Premium. That would indicate Pro/Premium are the same. Perhaps “professionelle” got translated from French differently when the app was submitted later on to the AppStore?

I’m quite happy with Imperihome but may need to dig into the Dashing/OpenHab platform a bit closer.

I have to say that I have been using Imperihome for a few years now, and as much as I am a cheapskate I would frankly be willing to pay to enable them to continue to support & update the product itself, in particular if the alternative is for them to stop developing it…

I have to say I would not. I would pay more for the app up front, but another monthly fee for an app, I would not do, nor would I promote it.
My business is based on monthly fee free systems.

Bought the app, but I agree, I’d be hard pressed to pay a monthly subscription. It’s a large part of why I have an antenna outside…

I understand, but then again the content you get from the antenna is generally supported by advertising revenue and I certainly don’t want that on the app. I also want the developer to be able to maintain their business so the app continues to be supported and developed.

I didn’t say anything about a monthly subscription - was thinking some sort of compromise where you pay a fixed amount for the app (which is what we’ve done now) and then pay again when a major release appears same as is done for Word, Excel, Lightroom, etc eg with a discount for existing users. You can choose to keep the old app and not pay anything else, or pay something to benefit from the additional features etc and encourage the developer to continue working on it. Just saying…

Whatever the case, sounds like the developer is not going to make this retrospective ie existing app purchasers will not have to change.

A monthly subscription would be a big no no for me. When I buy something that is it, I expect that it is payed and done. Paying for updates etc I don’t mind, I am willing to pay for the effort people put in to make a better produkt, but a subscription , I consider that as a scam.

Cor

[quote=“Jamr”]Yea, it is a bit confusing.[/quote]So is there now Free, Pro and Premium or does Premium replace Pro?

I don’t mind paying if there’s increased functionality added to the app but just having a monthly extraction from my bank account doesn’t sit well with me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

[quote=“kulfsson”]I would love to see Actiontiles work with Vera. Looks to be a nice interface. It looks like it only works with SmarThings at this point in time: https://www.actiontiles.com/[/quote]Action Tiles is a LOT more $ than ImperiHome BTW.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I guess the big question is…

Since I love running it on the Android devices, do I go ahead and tell the wife to buy it for her "i"device now so she wouldn’t be a new Premium subscriber as was shown in that screen cap? I’ve not gotten that message myself, so I’m going off of what you guys posted.

I still want to pay 29.99$ for the app instead of 0.99$ a month for the subscription.

Is it that expensive to put on an iDevice? it was a few buck for Android.

They have already started requiring you log into IH with a username and password and, or create an account to open IH in their latest beta.
According to their twitter account,

[quote=“Priest, post:15, topic:197860”]I guess the big question is…

Since I love running it on the Android devices, do I go ahead and tell the wife to buy it for her "i"device now so she wouldn’t be a new Premium subscriber as was shown in that screen cap? I’ve not gotten that message myself, so I’m going off of what you guys posted.[/quote]

I’d definitely consider it. Never know you might end up with an old iPad you could repurpose as a wall controller…

Hi Everyone,
I am from Imperihome and I would like to clarify some information since it seems we haven’t been so clear.
ImperiHome will upgrade its services in the coming weeks. On top of the standard SmartHome service we will add some new global Open and self data Services, which will be updated and completed on very regular basis.
These new services will be FREE for all PRO or Premium users which have already purchased the APP. We will just need you to register in the next update in order for us to indentify you.

If you don’t want to register or to have access to the new services DO NOT MAKE the next update. ImperiHome will continue to work as of today.
All New Premium users after the next update will have to pay a monthly subscription. A free and limited version will remain available. A new website will be available every soon with all detailed info.

Hoping you will like the new version of ImperiHome, and hoping my message will help to clarify some misunderstanding.

Do Not hesitate to send your comments on the new version at contact@evertygo.com