mios.com down again?

still down this morning

AFAIK there is still some maintenance scheduled on the servers.
Not sure if this outtage has anything to do with those planned jobs…

• Henk

i have a question. when its down why cant i get in on my local network?

This is kind of ridiculous… as far as I can tell, the system has been down for at least 10 hours.

You should be able to access Vera locally. Are you using the right IP?

thanks i thought so i guess i had an ip change
thanks

i need a reboot, that was the 1st time i have to do it since i’ve owned it

I have not been able to access either of my systems (local and a rental property) for over a week (I have sent a support request) through mios.com. I have been getting notifications emails from the remote rental property, but they come in bursts often with notifications from several days ago.

This morning, when I log into cp.mios.com I get a screen that tells me “I didn’t detect a unit on your home network”, even though I can see the local unit on my local LAN using its IP address.

I just logged in and 3 of my 4 vera’s are missing.

Ya, I have to ask why I can’t log in locally either. I get that the servers need maintenance but I shouldn’t we be able to use it locally?

all that cannot reach their unit locally or that dont show up on cp.MiOS.com,
a recent databasecrash resulted in building the database from scratch.

Advice to all users was to powercycle your unit and then try to acces it again.
Also remote Control should be re-enabled then.

• Henk

[quote=“Henk, post:71, topic:168722”]all that cannot reach their unit locally or that dont show up on cp.MiOS.com,

• Henk[/quote]

Rebooted twice now in last half hour. Not panicking, just want to make sure they’re on it and would like to know how to be a bit more self sufficient with Vera for cases like this. I don’t see MCV getting any smaller so being able to run locally when things go sideways there, even if we need to set up a local host, would be great.

@mbairhead,

Vera should work fine locally without the fwd servers or internet available. Did your router assign a new IP to Vera? Thats something we often see on the forum.

Its wise to give Vera either a static IP or if your router supports it have it automatically assign the same IP again after reboot.

• Henk

[quote=“mbairhead, post:72, topic:168722”][quote=“Henk, post:71, topic:168722”]all that cannot reach their unit locally or that dont show up on cp.MiOS.com,

• Henk[/quote]

Rebooted twice now in last half hour. Not panicking, just want to make sure they’re on it and would like to know how to be a bit more self sufficient with Vera for cases like this. I don’t see MCV getting any smaller so being able to run locally when things go sideways there, even if we need to set up a local host, would be great.[/quote]

It’s back up now…same IP number as before. I also doubt that several people had the same issue the same day, just too unlikely.

It has been very variable today. Never able to get to the dashboard. Sometimes says I have no Veras. Sometimes shows one unit. Now back to no Veras.

I moved my Vera to its “vacation” home today and now can not access it locally or via cp.mios. When I first connected it I could access it via the static IP that I had assigned to it while testing it at home. Web page came up but it continued to display updating database, when it timed out I reconfigured it for DHCP. Checked router DHCP table and tried to connect, “unable to connect”. Rebooted Vera, checked DHCP table, new address assigned and MAC address was correct, can ping it but can not connect via http… Tried to access via my mios account, “I didn’t detect unit on your home network”. I can not SSH to Vera “connection refused”. Very frustrated…

I’m usually pretty patient, but these outages are simply ridiculous. I’ve only been a user of Vera for a couple months and the number of times I have NOT been able to log on remotely have been MANY. Very frustrating.

Hi –

I have had the same experiences… This is at least the second outage in five days. My veras are a 5 hour drive away so re-booting locally isn’t an option.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=7439.msg47556#new:

-(

Perhaps FlyBoyBob had the right idea. Homeseer is looking better and better!!!

Don

it looks like it is getting better now. I can get to my dashboard. However, I only see one of my two units when I log in. Sometimes it shows one, sometimes the other.

I am pretty certain a reboot shouldn’t be necessary and that the issues were ISP/data center/server/software related. When the services weren’t available, I wasn’t able to ping cp.mios.com. When services restored, iVera worked again. I did figure out how to use SQ Remote without requiring connectivity to cp.mios.com, so it looks like I’m in good shape. If I were running rentals with this, I’d be frustrated/furious.