mios.com down again?

i can log in to mios.com, but it seems very slow. I can select my dashboard, but I get timeouts. Anyone else having problems?

yes, it was down for me last night about the time of your post.

looks like it is having problems again.

It is 9PM EST in USA and I can’t get a dashboard. Has been that way for about 5 hours now. Is there maintenance happening?

weeeee here we go again.

standalone firmware anyone?

Yes, it’s still down as of 10:00 PM EDT. :cry:

Update: The server is back up and running as of Monday July 18 @ 7:00 AM EDT.

Terrible.

Lonestar10 Update: The server is back up and running as of Monday July 18 @ 7:00 AM EDT.

Are you sure? Just checked and still unable to log in remotely as of 11:00 Central Time. Attempts to load but gives the “Data not loading” challenge box.

I have a client getting pissed about this and can’t get into his Vera to program lock codes etc at his vacation home. Since I can’t get in remotely either, I want to AVOID using the CP.MIOS.COM to get in remotely

If I get a static IP on his DSL, can I simply forward a few ports and get into Vera remotely? I assume I can do this, but what do I need to open? I have his Vera on a Static LAN IP of 192.168.1.200 behind a Linksys router. I know how to open all the ports and setup TZO DDNS, but can someone tell me what ports I need?

This MIOS thing for remote connections is killing me, so I need another plan

thanks!

[quote=“myhomeserver, post:9, topic:168722”]I have a client getting pissed about this and can’t get into his Vera to program lock codes etc at his vacation home. Since I can’t get in remotely either, I want to AVOID using the CP.MIOS.COM to get in remotely

If I get a static IP on his DSL, can I simply forward a few ports and get into Vera remotely? I assume I can do this, but what do I need to open? I have his Vera on a Static LAN IP of 192.168.1.200 behind a Linksys router. I know how to open all the ports and setup TZO DDNS, but can someone tell me what ports I need?

This MIOS thing for remote connections is killing me, so I need another plan

thanks![/quote]
Vera uses port 80, you probably don’t want port 80 exposed, so may be a good idea to have a port like 5xxx forward to 192.168.1.200:80.
I have forwarding to Vera setup on my router- but I leave the “enable” checkbox unchecked till/if I actually need to connect directly to Vera. At that point I remotely securely log into the router then “enable” the forwarding to Vera. It’s extra work- but it’s more secure and It’s something I would hardly ever use.

PS- I came up with a simple method of finding Vera’s IP address a while back- may be helpful in your case: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6673.0

[quote=“myhomeserver, post:9, topic:168722”]I have a client getting pissed about this and can’t get into his Vera to program lock codes etc at his vacation home. Since I can’t get in remotely either, I want to AVOID using the CP.MIOS.COM to get in remotely
This MIOS thing for remote connections is killing me, so I need another plan[/quote]

this is exactly why everyone has been clammering for years for a standalone firmware. MCV says ‘use UI2’, but most users need the fixes and improvements (if you want to call it that) from the new firmware and UI4s code. If you cant have a stable central, give us the ability to control it remotely ourselves!

myhomeserver: the best way to keep everything secure is to have a VPN endpoint at your customers site. then you can VPN in securely (since MCV cant give us SSL) and then you can communicate with it, like it was on the internal network.

MCV when are you going to give us a UI4 build with the umbilical cord cut? are there ANY plans for this?

arrrrg, [profanity redacted]. i just spent a couple hours trying to figure out what was going wrong locally, and it turns out mios.com was having issues, not my local settings.

the backups i did seemed to fail too. the files i have locally are only 4kb…
oh, and they say “FAILED to create backup” in them.

why wasn’t there an error message when i tried to create these?

and i want to start from a clean slate, and reset to factory defaults doesn’t even work. wtf!

to be clear, i could get to mios just fine, but the IP it had for vera was wrong and wouldn’t update with the current one.

Same fustration here… I cannot access my Vera 2 from cp.mios.com. All I get is the data loading error. I CAN access my Vera 1 ??? (At another house). I can access the Vera 2 locally but whenever I try remotely I get the error. I tried (locally) to upgrade the firmware and it would just sit there with a blank screen. I tried to open a ticket and activate remote support but that failed, I tried to restore from a back up but they are all corrupt (4k)?.

Help???

Down for again right now. Ugghhh.

…and it’s working again.

Is there a way to have Vera ping the cp.mios service and prowl me with downtimes?

I guess maybe mine is just my Vera, just seems a bit coincidental. Is it possible that the meta data that cp.mios.com has about an individual Vera got corrupted? I swore that I had upgraded my Vera 2 to the latest Beta firmware but cp.mios.com thinks it is 1.1.1267. Could that be causing the internal .sh scripts to not run? I dont get anything when trying to log in remotely AND cannot upgrade firmware (locally) etc…

[quote=“aschwalb, post:16, topic:168722”]I guess maybe mine is just my Vera, just seems a bit coincidental. Is it possible that the meta data that cp.mios.com has about an individual Vera got corrupted? I swore that I had upgraded my Vera 2 to the latest Beta firmware but cp.mios.com thinks it is 1.1.1267. Could that be causing the internal .sh scripts to not run? I dont get anything when trying to log in remotely AND cannot upgrade firmware (locally) etc… [/quote]When I checked the MCV/vera2 beta site I got the same result. I’m also on the latest. I wonder if it’s a problem with the latest firmware? Is anyone having this problem with 1267?

i wonder if MCV is going to have an official announcement, or perhaps throw the forum users a bone and say something this time… doesnt look like it.

jeez you know if only there was a subforum for official news/announcements they could post the updates there…

i wonder if/when this little project goes belly up or is no longer maintained if we will get some announcement or we will just be shafted and left in the dark like many users feel right now.

???

[quote=“hightop32, post:18, topic:168722”]i wonder if/when this little project goes belly up or is no longer maintained if we will get some announcement or we will just be shafted and left in the dark like many users feel right now.???[/quote] Personally, I believe what we have been going through is company growing pains. This little project is just stretching her legs and MCV will be a major player in this industry. I have no doubts, which is why I give them all the support I can.
Vera is simply amazing.

JOD.

not sure why there is such a disconnect, but the biggest problem MCV has is communication, or lack there of.

whether its communicating downtime, status or news related to their products; horrible execution. we are made aware after the fact, and told they didnt think people who were having issues would check the forums… seriously? (note, this was posted inline a thread in the ‘general’ section). the last real update to the official announcements page was in feb of this year, and then before that, months?! no consistency about what is listed there (i see no notices of current releases/updates), and no ability to get a direct response without referencing in another thread.

and while we are talking communication… documentation! another example of poor communication, its a jumbled mess! UI5 is under development? yet another splintered user experience and documentation nightmare!

MCV please work on your communication skills/(efforts?) with the folks clamoring to hear -anything- from you guys (ESPECIALLY when you are experiencing downtime!). Keeping users in the dark is NOT cool.