Looking for Modern, wall switch-type Scene Controllers

I’m looking for a new/modern in-wall scene controller switch to update the several Leviton VRCS4 and Evolve LCD scene controllers I have in both of my homes, but cannot find anything new in the market.

The Levitons have served me well, but they are (1) finicky, sometimes triggering scenes, sometimes not and are a pain to include; (2) are running on old tech; and (3) just look outdated and ugly at this point. I spent a small fortune on several of the Evolve LCD controllers but, in addition to no native support for those in Vera and having to run on a long-abandoned plug-in, they also now look clunky and outdated.

Is anyone aware of any simple, clean, modern wall-switch scene controllers that are actually designed to be installed/hardwired in a standard jbox? I am not a fan of remotes, even those that can be wall-mounted to look like a switch. I want something that is properly installed, like any other wall switch (like the Levitons). It doesn’t seem as though any of the zwave product companies are producing multi-button in-wall scene controllers anymore.

Has anyone come across something I may have missed?

Here is a new offering that is pretty cool. It’s the Zooz Zen 32. The only problem is that it’s not yet supported by Vera. I just purchased one to use with my Homeseer. The Z-Wave marketplace has been really missing devices like this. I’ve used the Leviton VRCS4 too, but they are a pain to program. I’m glad the Zen 32 came along as an alternative. Now to get it supported by Vera/Ezlo…

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2021 Ezlo Innovation, All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Forum Rules