License for Vera Alerts Plugin Starting April 1, 2014

When you get a new license it replaces the old one.

The license encodes the Vera ID, the purpose for the license, and the number of licenses.

The Registration Portal keeps track of how many licenses you have. When you buy a new license or two, it adds this to the number you previously purchased.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:21, topic:179809”]When you get a new license it replaces the old one.

The license encodes the Vera ID, the purpose for the license, and the number of licenses.

The Registration Portal keeps track of how many licenses you have. When you buy a new license or two, it adds this to the number you previously purchased.[/quote]

I have more then one vera, I have purchased one and got one vera setup. But it doesn’t see my other vera ID. I’m affriad if I purchase another license it will be for the first Vera only. Is that the case? How do I get a 2nd vera working?

You have to register from the other (2nd) Vera.

Note that when you go to the Registration Portal … It will should the Vera Serial Number (called VeraID) in the URL.

Click the Register from the Existing Vera. It will show your current license.
Click the Register from the Other Vera. It will not show any licenses … But it will show the other transactions you have made.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:23, topic:179809”]You have to register from the other (2nd) Vera.

Note that when you go to the Registration Portal … It will should the Vera Serial Number (called VeraID) in the URL.

Click the Register from the Existing Vera. It will show your current license.
Click the Register from the Other Vera. It will not show any licenses … But it will show the other transactions you have made.[/quote]

Looked striaght forward. URL had correct serial in it. Return email also has correct serial. But copy and paste of the password says registration failed.

PM me your VeraIDs so I can see what you registered.

I will do that, but I emailed you screen shots at your Support@… Email

Pm also sent now.

You can upgrade to the latest version.

Some folks have been having problems with getting their license accepted.
There were two problems:

1. Vera 2 users
  2. Users that received a license, but it had a + (Plus) character in it.

I have a release pending to fix both of these problems. Version 5.2. It’s been in MCV audit for a couple of days.

Hello Richard,

Maybe I fall asleep in the meantime, I discovered today the 30days limit of your new licencing. As I use the 5.3 version and 6 modules to manage my zwave network, can you, please, provide me licences for ma vera (ID is 35106943).
Thank you!

Hi

I just bought my licence, I got the code via email and entered it in to the box and pressed the Verify button. I then clicked on the Red Save button.

When looking in the Register tab now it still says:

“Something is wrong. Can’t determine when your demo period started. Your license limits are 10 Messages per Vera reload and 2 active profiles.”

It says in apps tab that the version is 5.5

How do I know it worked correctly?

Thank you.

Well I just sent 15 test alerts to my email profile and I got them all so maybe it is working OK and that message is just a red herring.

Cheers

Just do the following:

1. Restart Vera
  2. Refresh the Browser

(This is know as the Vera 2-Step, Useful anytime you change something … or you think Vera is not working properly! )

Enter or Validate your license again.

You can also paste the license into the RegistgerID parameter in the Advanced tab,
Then do the Vera 2-Step.

Richard

Thanks, it seems to have sorted itself out however, looking at it again this morning and it now says

“Your are registered. You have 1 license units. You are allowed 2 active profiles.”

Regards

I was wondering why my alerts on my devices were working at some times and not at others. My wife kept asking me for a few days as to why the alerts were not coming through when people were going through our doors in our house. I would just reboot the Vera and it fixed the problem but I never took the time to look at the UI and see that you were now needing to charge a fee and that the status showed license expired. Happy to help support your work Richard and the price is great for a lifetime membership. Thanks

Er l8nighter, that would be Richard’s lifetime.

Richard, let me know when you need another beer. Thanks for everything. Live long!

I hate to even say this but I don’t have a Paypal account (gasp) :cry: Are they any other ways to register ? I would like to support it.

You do not need a paypal account.

The Paypal login is dominant … because they are trying to get you to create and use a paypal account.

Below the login info is a place to Click on Pay with a debit or credit card option.

Thanks Richard, I will be register today.

BTW, This plug in is worth it just for the ease of sending an PIC via email alone!
besides all the other alerts I have too, but that alone has been fantastic!

[quote=“jimpapa, post:39, topic:179809”]BTW, This plug in is worth it just for the ease of sending an PIC via email alone!
besides all the other alerts I have too, but that alone has been fantastic![/quote]

Agreed. This is the kind of feature that adds the “smart” to a Smart Home.