License for Vera Alerts Plugin Starting April 1, 2014

There is a Register Tab in your Vera Alerts device.
Licenses are paid via PayPal from a Registration website accessible from the Register tab.

The license is required for any Plugin greater than Version 3.9 Existing users will have approximately 1 month to register.

You get 30 days free unlimited access from time of your first install. For existing users this period has likely expired.
To reset the date … delete the Vera Alerts plugins and re-install it.
After 30 days, unlicensed users are allowed a total of 2 active profiles and 20 messages per Vera Restart.

You can obtain a license that will allow you to create an unlimited number of messages for 2 profiles. (You can obtain as many licenses as you need).
A license is $5.50+tax
[hr]
UPDATE:
Some one had indicated to me that I may have done something illegal with my licensing.
I am not a lawyer … and sorry to say I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately :slight_smile:

So as I indicated … I will provide a license to anyone that requests it … But it will only work for Versions before today’s release.
Just Post your Vera ID Here … And I will respond with a license. But as I said … it will only work with the old software … And the old software
is not available from the APP server anymore … You will need to restore your configurations to last night’s backup and make sure you disable the auto-update procedure.

Does this mean 10 messages between Vera restarts ? So as my Vera restarts at least 1 in the middle of the night, i would have 10 messages per day, if it restarts more often (which it regularly does) i possibly would have more messages ?
And what happens to the notifications which are being sent after the 10 ‘free’ ones ?

Some quick questions about this:

[ol][li]How long does the license last? Is it a lifetime license?[/li]
[li]When I register for 2, is the license locked to those 2 profiles, or if I delete one, can I add another?[/li]
[li]Does this affect LAN based profile that are not using the google push service (or any of the others that don’t utilize the google push service)?[/li]
[li]Is there any chance of a “bulk” buy option. For instance, I currently have 4 profiles (My phone, my living room, my master bedroom (Google push), and my master bedroom (lan)). My issue is that when my bRight switches come in I’ll be adding 6 more devices and this doesn’t include that I would also like to Add my Fiance’s phone and more tablets around the house. I can easily use up to 10+ profiles. Most of these, however will be using the LAN service and not any of the other options.[/li]
[li]Going with #4 and #1. If this is a lifetime license, would you consider a yearly subscription that would allow unlimited profiles. For instance, $5/year allows for unlimited profiles but only while the subscription is active (residual income for you). (this would mean that if you use 10 devices, you’d get about 6 years out of the same cost for unlimited devices). Perhaps this isn’t that good for you. I’m just looking at 10-20profiles in the future. I’m not even sure if the plugin would be able to handle that many.[/li][/ol]

I think that’s it for now, I’ll post back if I think of any more. I don’t mind paying the money, especially if it keeps you working on the product and making it better and better.

After 10 messages it will stop sending messages until Vera Restarts.
It will display a message at the Top of your Vera Dashboard. ("Not Registered - Max Alert Exceeded!)

If you have a nightly Heal … you can get 10 messages per day.
You can also force your Vera to restart more often … if you want to get more messages per day.

But I hope if you like the software and support you will purchase a license.

I will rather support your work and buy the licenses (i need one for PLEG as well)

I don’t see the License tab.

I am reading this is for the use of the Plugin not Vera Alerts service

IE: I’m using SMTP and Pushover from Vera alerts plug in…

I dont see the register tab either, but my PLEG and Vera Alerts have not updated to the newest version yet. Not sure if we have to do a manual update now, all the latest updates were automatic for me

The license is lifetime … but it is tied to your Vera.

When Vera Restarts, it allows the First N profiles to send messages. Where N is 2 * license count.
So you can have more profiles than supported by the license. But first come first serve. You can add/delete profiles. LAN profiles count!
When you purchase you can purchase multiple licenses. You can go back and add additional licenses as your needs expand.

Some profiles allow you to send to multiple devices at the same time (PushOver, Email). The Vera Mobile profiles do not. So they would be one profile per target.
My registration site can currently handle from 1 to 9 licenses or 2 to 18 profiles. I can upgrade the strategy in the future.

I would be happy to work with you on a bulk option … I had not really anticipated that large of a need.

NOTE: I have been supporting the costs for the intermediate Exchange Website:
http://veraalertsexchange.appspot.com/

Check it out and you can see the usage and/or your specific usage.
About a half year ago it’s utilization surpassed the FREE quota and I now have a monthly bill.

Hmm, a question ,

I have 2 profiles which I use , one for my phone (android) and an email adress.
Than I have 2 more profiles for family and friends for when smoke or fire in my house is detected, (hopefully this will never be used.) For these last 2 , do I have buy a second licence?

Thanks,
Cor

Richard, this is what I’m getting in my VeraAlerts now on one Vera, “Something is wrong. Can’t determine when your demo period started. Your license limits are 10 Messages per Vera reload and 2 active profiles.”

I have 15 Veras to get licenses for and was hoping that I wouldn’t lose functionality while this was taking place. Anything you can recommend while the updates are trickling in to each Vera (short of uninstalling the app)?

There should not have been any run-time behavior change with the latest release.

It only added the Register Tab and some updates in the Report.

UPDATED
I checked … this is just a bug in the report. I did all of this work and tested last November.
I did change something … and the report is giving a false warning.

The code to check and enforce licensing was turned on in November of last year.
It will not engage until April 1. That’s when run-time behavior will change.

It will also engage once you enter a license.

That’s the message I’m getting on the Register tab under the two buttons (Registration Portal and Verify).

Also, I have 22 profiles across 7 different Veras. If I do all those separately you are going to get dinged with a credit card fee on every transaction. Would you prefer that I give you a credit card number and all of my serial numbers and just do one credit card transaction? Happy to do whatever works best for you. Will also have the same issue on PLEG registration.

Will u b eventually licensing all of your plugins?

I will not be licensing Day or Night or Garage Door.
I did not write the latter. I just packaged some code for the App store and improved it’s setup.
They are pretty easy and do not take any effort to support.

I do have some other projects in the works.
Things that will also add value, will likely generate requests for enhancement, and probably require support.
Those will likely be licensed. In all cases I believe a reduced functionality free version should always be available.

[quote=“Cor, post:9, topic:179809”]Hmm, a question ,

I have 2 profiles which I use , one for my phone (android) and an email adress.
Than I have 2 more profiles for family and friends for when smoke or fire in my house is detected, (hopefully this will never be used.) For these last 2 , do I have buy a second licence?

Thanks,
Cor[/quote]

Have you read this one? Do I need to buy for these 2 almost unused profiles also a licence or do they fall under the 10 messages a day? Do I have to set them up differently , since profile 1 and profile 3 are the ones I use and profile 2 and 4 are just for an emergency broadcast.

Thanks,
Cor

@Cor
For an answer see:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,23569.msg160651.html#msg160651

So you will want a second license.

There is not a free limit on addition profiles … They are just ignored.

Some one had indicated to me that I may have done something illegal with my licensing.
I am not a lawyer … and sorry to say I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately :slight_smile:

So as I indicated … I will provide a license to anyone that requests it … But it will only work for Versions before today’s release.
Just Post your Vera ID Here … And I will respond with a license. But as I said … it will only work with the old software … And the old software
is not available from the APP server anymore … You will need to restore your configurations to last night’s backup and make sure you disable the auto-update procedure.

Either way I bought more than I need for both alerts and pleg as I just wanted to suppprt you and the plugins. Thanks for all the hard work, it is appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have to do some more work for Vera 2 devices to recognize the license … I will get that done this week.

I have a quick question. I purchased 3 licenses (6 profiles) because that was the max. I currently can survive off of 6, but I will likely need more later. I see there is only 1 box to enter a registration ID, so if I buy new “licenses” will they be linked to my current registration ID and just increase the amount of profiles I can use?

I assume the answer is yes, but you know what they say about assuming!