Is there any support from MCV whatsoever?

Hi,

as some of you may have noticed, I have different issues with Vera. Last week I filed a support request from the website and 4 days later I filed a “Guaranteed Compatibility” request also.
I haven’t heard anything from MCV in the meantime. At least I would have expected an e-mail response.
Am I doing something wrong, is there any special support request I am not aware of, is support only for US customers or is this simply the usual - ignoring customers when they have problems?

I am at a loss here and believe me, I’m beginning to get quite an “unsatisfied” customer!

Umtauscher

I’m up to 6 days now still waiting for a response. Things must be backed up badly. In the past, my questions have been addressed very quickly, so I’m guessing it’s just a high workload right now.

Are these guys looking/in_progress to be bought by someone big or having funding challenges. In my humble experience usually these things happen only in one of the two cases for a start-up - seen three (being part of it) in my lifetime so far.

my 2c and no more

MCV has be pretty responsive in the past. I am a bit perplexed that they have not responded. Give it another try.

They never got back to me either with my open ticket concerning the remote builder that had broken on my box.

well you should send them another email. I hope they respond.

I think i’ll leave it as as i’d rather they fix some of the bigger issues with UI3 :slight_smile:

Well I think, 2 e-mail and 2 entries in the bugtracker are enough action to show that they are not responding…
I have not faith in trying again.

We have received a lot of emails and calls with UI3 and we’re trying to keep up with them. There are also a lot of requests from customers with UI2 and it’s hard. We want to finish everything with the new UI in a manner that we won’t receive all these tech questions in the near future so we can focus more on the development. But the support is active and working daily and we try indeed to response to them in less than 2 working days.

I think maybe you need to finish one project before launching the next.
first it was Vera, unfinished, then it was luup unfinished, now it is a SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOw UI3.

I still have not seen the Moblie inteface promised almost a year ago.

How about spending more time on the basics.

I think that is what people are saying.

Thanks, I received an e-mail today.
Let’s see what happens.
Cheers

Umtauscher

After the New Year there was a lag in getting caught up because the office was closed from Xmas to New Year, so a lot of support requests got backed up. Within a week or so we got caught up and were generally responding within a day. Now that we released the ui3 beta there has been a flood of support requests, at least 10x the normal volume, so we’ve gotten backed up again. We’re trying to get through them as quickly as possible. Today we’re also setting a policy of responding to tech support requests from users who are not running the beta first.

Zmistro, the Luup engine was finished; we have no outstanding bug reports or items on the todo list for it. As far as the comment that Vera wasn’t finished, the feedback from our dealers, distributors and customers has always been that Vera was finished, stable, and feature-rich, and, in general, the only criticism has been that they’d like to see a prettier and more intuitive UI. So that is why we put the efforts into the new flash UI (UI3). UI3 was “finishing” Vera. As far as the mobile interface, we do have the Smartphone plugin which works on all smartphones, there’s also a native Android app in the Android market already, and the Square Connect native iPhone app is being tested by Apple now. It’s true the native apps took longer than expected, however, they’re handled by a completely separate team of developers. So the work on UI3 did not in any way slow down the development of the native iPhone app.

As far as fixing the bigger issues with UI3, we’ve already made several dozen fixes and improvements based on user feedback since we released it last week, including increasing the speed a lot, and we’ll have a new release out again soon.

I beg to differ with you.
Just because MVC has decided that the game was over does not mean that it was.
For one major issue I have yet to see the native web phone interfaces or a complete plugin that lists all the pertinent information. I can make a list if you want.

Since I have your attention I really don’t understand how you say that because your dealers say it’s ok then it’s ok. How many of these dealers are installers?
You and the rest of the Zwave companies can’t continue to take advantage of customers/integrators like this.
I hear now that you are shipping product UI3 for retail. Do you really think that is right?
I can go on. I would prefer to stop! And I will. If you wish for me to delete this I will. Just give me the message. I really think you need to stand back and take a breath.

Aaron - That’s great you working on fixing the bigger issues. My only gripe was a beta being released with out core functions like a thermostats not working. Looking forward to seeing a better UI3.

A simple option like baselining the 1.0.979/980 or 994 as the new Production release (instead of 1.0.6xx) would have made things better (IMHO)

Then you’d be free to trial UI3, in Alpha capacity, in whatever timeframe you see fit without causing a ton of agro. Your Software, and userbase, may also be at a point where you need to consider a Private/Limited release Alpha instead of the wide-deployment model that’s currently used… if for no other reason than the contain the confusion and reduce the overall support call load.

There are a lot of new members now, and most of them need to move to the 1.0.9xx baseline just to get Thermo’s etc working, but technically, that’s a Beta release.

Hi guessed,

just a quick question:
Do you know what I would gain from moving to 994 instead of 979?
TIA

Umtauscher

@umtauscher probably not much, but MCV was kind enough to add in some Luup protocol support for STX-ETX based Serial control. I use this, as does another Forum member, to run our TV’s via the Panasonic TV Plugin so it can be extended to SQ Remote (without need for IR/USB-UIRT)

Probably nothing to 99% of people, but would be handy since it’s also a stable release (I used it for ages prior to UI3, and will likely return to it shortly). Note that it’s not been formally released by MCV (like 1.0.979 has)

1.0.980 was originally required for SQ Remote, which is why it was pushed out.

also some thermostats need .8xx or higher according to the wiki.

Hi,

as some of you may have noticed, I have different issues with Vera. Last week I filed a support request from the website and 4 days later I filed a “Guaranteed Compatibility” request also.
I haven’t heard anything from MCV in the meantime. At least I would have expected an e-mail response.
Am I doing something wrong, is there any special support request I am not aware of, is support only for US customers or is this simply the usual - ignoring customers when they have problems?

I am at a loss here and believe me, I’m beginning to get quite an “unsatisfied” customer!

Umtauscher

Hello Umtauscher, I’ve search through the support emails for your email that’s registerd on the forum, but haven’t found any, neither any “Guarantee Conmpatibility” requests from you.
Could you forward those emails directly to support@micasaverde.com ? Thanks.

civet you’ve sent this email to us:

I can\'t seem to get my email notifications to work. I had them going, disabled them, and now they say they are enabled, I see the notifications being generated (a low temp alarm scene) but I never get an email now. Any pointers or clues? Thanks for any help. BTW, I think this is unrelated, but on the Settings page, it always gives me an error of "Please type a numeric entry." but I only want an email notification if Vera stops responding, not an SMS message.
And the Settings tab from your FindVera.com account is unrelated to notifications that you receive accordin to defined events. In settings you've defined 150main as a phone number,and there you define the email and sms number ONLY for NOTIFICATIONS comming from micasaverde, like when your Vera is down or when we have an anouncement to make it directly to you. You'll need to go in Toolbox->Users , create an user, setup an email for it, and then when you create an Event you check the above user to be notified of it.

FWIW, I was able to get the SmartPhone plugin working with 1.0.994 but not with 1.0.979.