Is Ezlo Plus Ready for Prime Time?

For my part, I currently have two devices that (as of the last time I checked) are core to my home automation, apparently irreplaceable (as in, I can’t find another device that performs the same functionality), and not yet supported by ezlo. Both have had tickets open for over a year:

• The GoControl/Linear Isolated contact Fixture module, FS20Z-1 (ECS-800, opened October 7th, 2021).
    • This one I could probably find an alternative for - I just need to be able to close a switch (dry contact).
  • WayneDalton WDHA-12R (ECS-797, opened October 6th, 2021, and also apparently ECS-40, opened September 4th, 2018)
    • @melih personally told me support would be added for this device:

…but if that happened, I missed the announcement, and my ticket was never updated with the result. So, at the moment, that device remains on my old (but still fully functional thanks to the local web interface) Vera Lite running UI5.

This thread has me a bit very bothered, wondering if I made a mistake starting a move away from Vera. Is there a place we can see all open bugs? Would like to be aware of any issue BEFORE moving from my existing systems.

https://jira.mios.com/servicedesk/customer/user/requests?status=open&reporter=all

You can reach it from the above menu

1 Like

Hello!

In order to start getting information useful for our devs to start working on issues reported by you guys, we’ll need to start setting up the proper environment on your controllers and do a couple of tests.

Important issues regarding the unreliable inclusion/exclusion of devices have been mentioned.

Adding devices usually requires several attempts and seems very tricky. It is also still not possible to add devices via the web frontend.

On occasion, inclusion does not work (I move ezlo right next to device, doesn’t matter)

@Odyssey we have set your controller’s logs levels to TRACE mode in order to track as much information as possible.

@meathead88 we still have no access to your unit to take a look closely. In order to do so, could you please share your unit’s serial number via PM and let me know if you authorize us to create a support username under your account for testing purposes?

The test approach would be:

• Provide us with all devices brands and models that you have noticed have any kind of problem during the inclusion. This can guarantee us a precise approach to focus on that device specifically since the device models listed from the API rely on how the controller identifies and configures them.

• An inclusion test for each of these devices will be necessary. Ideally, a couple of attempts for each device should be enough to gather as much information as possible. During the test, we’d need to know the exact date and hour of the inclusion trigger.

As soon as we have confirmation from @meathead88 and his controller’s logs are in TRACE mode, we’ll notify you guys to start with the test.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys soon, and hopefully getting these issues solved as soon as possible.

1 Like

Regarding issues that have been reported with Smart Start:

If possible, we’d also like to extract logs from controllers, specifically from @JimMac, @meathead88, and @ryantatum20, since you guys mentioned this issue has been experienced often.

Smart start doesn’t work, skips to the end most times after scanning QR code then if you are able to add it correctly, it never really deletes.

Smart Start does not work

Smart Start still does not work/include devices

We have already set the log levels to TRACE for @ryantatum20’s controller, and looking forward to getting @meathead88’s serial number and support username setup.

@JimMac we’ve been working in the past with your controllers. Since you’ve moved your setup a few times, could you please confirm the serial number to be used via PM? As soon as we have the confirmation, we’ll set the log levels to TRACE for yours as well.

The approach is not too different from the inclusion test that has been described above:

• Provide us with all brands and models of Smart Start devices that you guys have experienced issues with.

• Provide us with the exact date and hour of the Smart Start inclusion.

To take into consideration before adding any Smart Start device:

• Make sure that all devices that were previously installed with the Smart Start feature are removed from the Smart Start list before trying another inclusion. Devices that are not deleted from this list will remain pending for configuration and will block any new inclusion attempts. This can be checked from the Mobile App by going to Settings > Smart Start Devices.

Thank you!

1 Like

PM’d my serial

1 Like

Thank you @meathead88!

We’ve enabled logs in TRACE mode for your controller. Now that @Odysee’s controller has logs enabled as well, we’ll be looking forward to getting this information soon.

The test approach would be:

Provide us with all devices brands and models that you have noticed have any kind of problem during the inclusion. This can guarantee us a precise approach to focus on that device specifically since the device models listed from the API rely on how the controller identifies and configures them.

An inclusion test for each of these devices will be necessary. Ideally, a couple of attempts for each device should be enough to gather as much information as possible. During the test, we’d need to know the exact date and hour of the inclusion trigger.

Thank you!

I’ve just (26/01/2023 10:08 pm German time) tried some excluding/including with Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 ZWA008-C FW 1.01.

First I’ve successfully excluded the device. The next two attempts to re-include the device lead to an unknown device which I was able to exclude again. The next including attempts lead to the choice of an secured/unsecured inclusion menu. I’ve chosen the secured mode and then got back to the devices menu where no new device was shown. An excludision was not successfull at this point, so I’ve resetted the device and tried again but again it endet with no device created after the secured/unsecured dialog.

Smart started a Zen14 and its no where to be found.

Also my simple exterior light scene failed to fire at sunset today.

Hi @ibrewster ,

We are on those tickets.
WayneDalton WDHA-12R requires to be paired via learning mode, It has a bug on the learning mode so it is sent to dev team.
We will update the tickets. Our team is currently going over all the former tickets to update them as well. So I assure if we have progress, you will know it asap.

1 Like

Hey when i added my Ceiling fan to Hubitat connected to a GE/Jasco fan controller, Alexa actually sees it as a fan! Ezlo didn’t do that…

Can you give the model pls

@meathead88 could you please share the exact hour of inclusion of your ZEN14 with Smart Start?

Thank you @Odysee! We’ve included your logs in our ticket. If you can possibly try to get more of your devices added to have as much information as possible to work on, it’d be highly appreciated.

no, its in the wall

no, sorry, don’t have the time

@meathead88 could you please share the hour of Z-Wave inclusion via Smart Start the next time you try it? It’s crucial to be able to provide concrete logs and information to work on the issues that have been mentioned above.

I probably won’t be trying again. Don’t wait for me

So i still see long since deleted/excluded devices when i try to enable tye Ezlo Alexa skill. I really have no incentive to participate in testing untill Alexa is working.