Instant Status not Updating with Leviton vizia rf devices and VeraEdge

I’m having the same issue with my Leviton switches and have tried all combinations of suggestions to get them to work with my VeraEdge on the latest firmware with no success. They worked fine on my vera lite…

tadr, From my posts above it is definitely a bug in the VeraEdge. I suggest reporting it through the Vera by going to the web UI and navigating to “User and Account → Technical Support”.

The more of us that report it they must have to realize its an issue they must fix.

[quote=“Melloware, post:22, topic:184881”]tadr, From my posts above it is definitely a bug in the VeraEdge. I suggest reporting it through the Vera by going to the web UI and navigating to “User and Account → Technical Support”.

The more of us that report it they must have to realize its an issue they must fix.[/quote]

Agree and will do re: reporting.

After futzing with the VeraEdge for several hours, I finally gave up and went back to my Vera Lite. I was able to include the switches on my Vera Lite without any issues.

[quote=“tadr, post:23, topic:184881”]Agree and will do re: reporting.

After futzing with the VeraEdge for several hours, I finally gave up and went back to my Vera Lite. I was able to include the switches on my Vera Lite without any issues.[/quote]

I’m with you. My Edge is sitting on the sideline while my Vera Lite is still up. After I found out my Alarm Panel doesn’t work yet on the edge, that’s just to many inputs to loose as all the sensors are tied into the automation and PLEG.

My one and only Leviton dimmer that worked great on Vera3 is wonky on VeraEdge. The Vera fails to find the manufacturer yet it is listed in the advanced menu. Also I have the dimmer tied to a scene so an outlet in the room toggles on/off with the dimmer. The scene works if I toggle the dimmer from the control panel but not by toggling the physical dimmer on the wall?!?

If I can get this straightened out I am at 95% of what my Vera3 network was. The only other major shortcoming is the requirement to keep VeraEdge plugged into a Cat6 hardwire. I liked the portability of Vera3 connecting to my WAP.

Hoping the next UI7 update squashes these bugs.

Someone from MCV should be remoting into my VeraEdge any day now to troubleshoot the Failed at Please Wait Getting the Manufacturer errors we’ve been seeing. I’ll let everyone know what they say/do.

Cool! Let me know what the result is!!! I want a green happy house instead of the red frowny house, LOL.

Good luck tadr…I’ve been trying to get them to fix mine with an open ticket since I got this thing before Christmas…just repeated “try this, try that” for several weeks now. No real resolution…

I haven’t had much luck yet. It takes MCV several days (at least) to respond each time. Someone connected to my unit remotely and verified that the signal quality was good and had me exclude and then include the switch so they could view the logs, but they were apparently unable to view the logs (even though verbose logging was enabled). Most recently, they asked for a time when they could call me to have me (presumably) exclude and re-include the switch with them on the phone so they could watch the logs.

I’m hoping that some of this troubleshooting on my end will help them fix the issue for others – but I have to think that they have these units in-house to test with and would have been able to replicate the problem already…

From Facebook:

Vera Control, Ltd. Tad, we are aware of the issues with the Leviton switches getting it resolved is a top priority. Our Developers and Technical Support Team are working hard to resolve the issues and hope to have it resolved in the next firmware update.

Marc Shenker ▾ Training Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control
www.getvera.commarc@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

[quote=“tadr, post:30, topic:184881”]From Facebook:

Vera Control, Ltd. Tad, we are aware of the issues with the Leviton switches getting it resolved is a top priority. Our Developers and Technical Support Team are working hard to resolve the issues and hope to have it resolved in the next firmware update.

Marc Shenker ▾ Training Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control
www.getvera.commarc@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272[/quote]

Don’t worry they have a huge list of stuff we have given them to fix and their response is always the same. We are working on it maybe the next update. Truth is some issues will be addressed in th next update but we know they won’t fix them all. It’s always a dice roll on what will get fixed and what will be maybe the following update.

Latest update: MCV tech support connected to my Vera Edge last night and collected logs showing what was happening when I excluded and included one of the switches in question (a Leviton VRI-06-1LZ incandescent dimmer). They are apparently passing the log file on to their engineers/dev team to (hopefully) get the problem corrected. I will let everyone know when/if I hear back.

Until then, please continue to submit support tickets to MCV understands the extent of this issue.

Tad, thanks for posting my response here.

The Levition issue is a priority and is being worked on.

Wanted to jump in and say I am also waiting for this fix.

Thanks.

Same problem here. It’s happening with my Vizia RF+ dimmers but not any of my switches. Everything seems to work fine for me, things just don’t look fine.

I just got this email from MCV on my issue. THey have acknowldged the problem.

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that I?ve reported your issue to my colleagues from the development team. They will fix it and the fix will be added in the next future update that will be in February.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

So the new firmware was released: http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/1851597-ui7-▾-version-7-0-4-▾-feb-3-2015

But, I don’t see anything in the release notes about fixing the “Failed at: Please Wait! Getting the Manufacturer” bug with leviton switches.

Has anyone tried out the new firmware to confirm whether this issue still exists? I am currently traveling, so I won’t be able to try it for several days.

[quote=“tadr, post:37, topic:184881”]So the new firmware was released: http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/1851597-ui7-▾-version-7-0-4-▾-feb-3-2015

But, I don’t see anything in the release notes about fixing the “Failed at: Please Wait! Getting the Manufacturer” bug with leviton switches.

Has anyone tried out the new firmware to confirm whether this issue still exists? I am currently traveling, so I won’t be able to try it for several days.[/quote]

New firmware hasn’t been released yet, so far we have only seen the release notes, but havent heard anyone got the update. Also this update is the LATE January update, so if they said it will be in the FEB. update I bet they mean the one that’s coming in MARCH.

Regarding the “Failed at: Please Wait! Getting the Manufacturer” bug, I contacted tech support and they logging into my vera and the error is now gone. I don’t have the details of what was done to fix it but they did fix the problem.

I know there are a lot of complaints here about support not responding quickly enough but Steve at Vera had this fixed in about a day after I requested a fix.

I’ve also noticed they are pushing updates to UI7 out about every 6 weeks to fold in fixes so this is actually a pretty decent update cycle. For those that don’t do software releases, each requires merging branched changes, testing, release notes etc. If you update TOO frequently, you’ll spend all your time on managing the cycle and not fixing bugs so 6-8 weeks is very good (unless it’s a critical bug which should be fixed ASAP) Just my thoughts.

[quote=“tadr, post:37, topic:184881”]So the new firmware was released: http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/articles/1851597-ui7-▾-version-7-0-4-▾-feb-3-2015

Has anyone tried out the new firmware to confirm whether this issue still exists? I am currently traveling, so I won’t be able to try it for several days.[/quote]

[quote=“simdude, post:39, topic:184881”]Regarding the “Failed at: Please Wait! Getting the Manufacturer” bug, I contacted tech support and they logging into my vera and the error is now gone. I don’t have the details of what was done to fix it but they did fix the problem.

I know there are a lot of complaints here about support not responding quickly enough but Steve at Vera had this fixed in about a day after I requested a fix.

I’ve also noticed they are pushing updates to UI7 out about every 6 weeks to fold in fixes so this is actually a pretty decent update cycle. For those that don’t do software releases, each requires merging branched changes, testing, release notes etc. If you update TOO frequently, you’ll spend all your time on managing the cycle and not fixing bugs so 6-8 weeks is very good (unless it’s a critical bug which should be fixed ASAP) Just my thoughts.

Has anyone tried out the new firmware to confirm whether this issue still exists? I am currently traveling, so I won’t be able to try it for several days.[/quote][/quote]

I still had the issue after upgrading to the newest firmware. Steve in Tech Support corrected the “Failed at: Please Wait! Getting the Manufacturer” bug but the device still won’t trigger scenes.

On a brighter note, I was e-mailed by Steve this statement, “I?ve checked the logs on the unit and it seems there are some issues with the commands sent from the Leviton Dimmer to the Vera controller and that is why it?s not running the scenes. I forwarded this issue to our development team so it can be fixed in a future firmware upgrade. The issue has been assigned internal tracking code VUI-3930. You can check our release notes here: http://support.getvera.com/customer/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles to see if the issue is fixed when a firmware is released.”