Installing Sonos Plugin 2.0 (development/pre-release) for Azure TTS access

I never directly answered your question, sorry, since my home’s SONOS setup doesn’t have Zones.

But I can tell you that the Volume variable on my Sonos child device is set by the service urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl / Volume

Icons take hard refreshes when first set up. It may even require an additional Luup reload.

Your scenes are passing empty data for some fields, and I can make that OK. Update to the latest dev fix: repeat steps 4-10 of the install only; then skip to step 14 (hard refresh).

What’s up with joining the “Living Room” player to itself?

By the way, when something doesn’t work as expected, the first place you should head is the LuaUPnP log. There can often be useful messages there.

1 Like

OK, progress, and many thanks to @LibraSun and @rigpapa.

So, first, as for joining the Living Room with itself, that was just a leftover command from when I was troubleshooting (I realize it wasn’t logical, but I was grasping at straws at that point).

Still no icons after several Luup reloads and hard refreshes. But this is not a concern for me - everything is working as it should without icons. I’ll go ahead an install the latest build as you suggest.

Here’s what I found out by installing and re-building scenes (as activities) in Reactor (and forgive me if I’m stating the obvious to those of you more experienced with this)…

• Apparently I needed to include a parameter in the “Channel” field when using SetVolume. While that didn’t seem to be necessary in v1.4, it apparently is now. That solved the SetVolume problem immediately.
  • Apparently Sonos doesn’t like receiving a stream of commands all at once - in Reactor I had to insert 1-second delays between each command for Sonos to successfully execute all of them.
  • When I re-build the same scene in Vera’s scene builder and execute, even a 1-second delay between commands isn’t sufficient - several get skipped/missed.

That said, it seems I’ve essentially solved my problem with your help - thanks again.

I have one final question to which I’ve struggled to find an answer…how can I use Reactor to simply fire off it’s activitries? I realize it’s intended to be used for conditional logic, but given the fickleness of Vera’s native functionality (and the clunky scene editor), I’d prefer to keep using Reactor. I just can’t figure out how to have a list of activities in a Reactor Sensor manually triggered (which I would do via a Scene). I’m probably missing something obvious.

1 Like

Congratulations! Addressing your last question, there are at least two ways to fire off an Activity Group within Reactor:

THE TRIVIAL WAY
Go to the Activities page, and click the “Running Man” icon above any group whose activities you’d like to execute immediately;

THE PROGRAMMATIC WAY
Include a [RUN GROUP ACTIVITY] action within another Reactor routine, so that the desired group gets executed in turn;

THE VIRTUAL SWITCH WAY
What it says: Create a Virtual Switch (using yet another Patrick Rigney plug-in, named Switchboard) and include it as a Condition within your routine, to trigger its execution with ON or OFF;

The second method mentioned above can be exceedingly powerful, once you begin treating those otherwise-manual groups as “subroutines” or “functions”. It’s a great approach to making your Reactors modular and easy-to-maintain.

Thanks @LibraSun. Perhaps I’m being dense, but what I’d like to do is have a Vera Scene kickoff a Reactor activity group (because I’m using Vera/Google Assistant for voice-activated scenes). Is there a simple way to do that?

The most obvious (and arguably most sensible) is to use the third method mentioned above. Create a virtual switch, include it as a Condition in Reactor routine(s), then do what you need to with it in Scenes.

But, since you asked… yes, a Reactor activity group can be fired directly within a Scene. How to accomplish this doesn’t immediately come to mind (I just spent 2 minutes looking at Scene > Advanced Editor and came up empty-handed…), but do read:

And now my Vera seems to be clogged up :-(. After re-installing the latest Sonos Plug-in code, and doing a hard refresh, I’m stuck with the never-ending green circle spinning. Powered down/up the Vera and it’s not coming back to life - zwave & zigbee lights come on, then off, endlessly. Ugh. This is the stuff that drives me nuts about Vera.

UPDATE: It eventually recovered…whew!

1 Like

Ugh!! In preparation for an evening of troubleshooting that problem, I gotta ask: Do you have PuTTY and/or WinSCP installed on your PC?

It would be instructive to know how much free disk space you have on your Vera, since you may have inadvertently bumped up again some space constraints.

EDIT: If things go all to hell, go ahead and hit that “Need Help!” link at the top of every Forum screen, and let Support hold your hand, up to and including a system rollback through Backup/Restore.

I’m on a Mac, and can use Terminal. At this point, it looks like I’ll need to do a factory reset/restore from backup. So much for progress - I was so close. :expressionless:

@slackner I’d like to have you reinstall one more time (steps 4-10 only, and then skip to 14). I’ve made some adjustments to the actions to see if I can improve the performance of scenes and Reactor actions when you send a bunch at the same time. If this works, it should work without adding any delays between. Just fire away.

For clarity, can you also tell me what version of Vera firmware you are running?

DO NOT SCORCH THE EARTH!!! NO FACTORY RESTORES!!! Let’s figure out what’s going on.

I’m on the latest firmware (Vera Plus), but don’t have the number in front of me because I can’t get to that screen. Vera is entirely non-responsive at this point - it can’t seem to start the engine.

Are you able to connect to it via Terminal?

Haven’t tried - I’ll give that a try now. It’s not something I’m terribly experienced at, but I have done it in the past. And I wouldn’t want you wasting your time talking a semi-novice through it. I did submit a support request, so hopefully they’ll get back to me soon.

I can ssh into Vera, but wouldn’t know what to do from here. If there’s a basic set of steps you can share to check/troubleshoot, great. If not, I’ll wait for tech support. Damn…

OK, for starters, do a df -kh and post the output. Let’s see if, as @LibraSun suggested, you’re too close to full somewhere. Also, along with that, do cat /etc/cmh/version and post the output of that together with the rest.

1 Like

OK, thanks. I had some code to do a cache clear that I just executed. It’s rebooting now. If that doesn’t yield a positive result, I’ll post momentarily with what you requested.

df -kh…

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 10.6M 1.0M 9.6M 10% /
/dev/root 8.0M 8.0M 0 100% /rom
tmpfs 124.3M 980.0K 123.4M 1% /tmp
/dev/mtdblock6 10.6M 1.0M 9.6M 10% /overlay
overlayfs:/overlay 10.6M 1.0M 9.6M 10% /
tmpfs 512.0K 0 512.0K 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 12.4M 37.6M 25% /storage
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 12.4M 37.6M 25% /etc/cmh-firmware
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 12.4M 37.6M 25% /etc/cmh-backup
/dev/mtdblock9 9.8M 9.8M 0 100% /mios
/dev/mtdblock10 50.0M 12.4M 37.6M 25% /etc/cmh-ludl
/dev/mtdblock11 19.3M 1.1M 18.2M 6% /ezmi
/dev/mtdblock11 19.3M 1.1M 18.2M 6% /etc/cmh

Version 1.7.4970

OK… now ls -l /etc/cmh-ludl/*_Sonos*

-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 2416 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/D_Sonos1.json.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 685 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/D_Sonos1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 10439 Apr 19 10:10 /etc/cmh-ludl/D_Sonos1_S16.json
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 10439 Apr 19 10:10 /etc/cmh-ludl/D_Sonos1_S23.json
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 10440 Apr 19 10:10 /etc/cmh-ludl/D_Sonos1_ZP80.json
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 915 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/D_SonosSystem1.json.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 558 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/D_SonosSystem1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 793 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/I_Sonos1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 3090 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/I_SonosSystem1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 13029 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/J_Sonos1.js.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 9730 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/J_SonosSystem1.js.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 66582 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/L_SonosSystem1.lua.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 10071 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/L_SonosTTS.lua.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 17920 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/L_SonosUPnP.lua.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 1707 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_Sonos1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 5942 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosAVTransport1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 1805 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosAlarmClock1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 884 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosAudioIn1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 909 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosConnectionManager1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 1933 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosContentDirectory1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 1577 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosDeviceProperties1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 715 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosGroupManagement1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 900 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosGroupRenderingControl1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 735 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosMusicServices1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 3327 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosRenderingControl1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 1031 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosSystem1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 1055 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosSystemProperties1.xml.lzo
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 1309 Apr 19 13:17 /etc/cmh-ludl/S_SonosZoneGroupTopology1.xml.lzo

These two directories seem maxed out (although I don’t know if that means anything)…

/dev/root 8.0M 8.0M 0 100% /rom
/dev/mtdblock9 9.8M 9.8M 0 100% /mios