iAqualink Pool Control

Have any of you reached out to Autelis to see if their unit will control your iAqualink or Jandy gear? If their unit does, then all this BS with Creston, C4, and URC goes away. Frankly, I think Jandy et. al. sold their soul thinking they could rope in some of the high end systems by striking deals with the aforementioned for exclusivity.

There are a few things that I thank my lucky stars for. One of which is that I went with Pentair rather than Jandy. Sure you spend nearly double up front, but when I hit the button on my remote, it responds almost immediately. Neighbor is always hitting his buttons more than once getting into the perpetual on/off cycle as the equipment delay is prolific. I don’t know if this is just his model or not but yikes. This could also be the contractor he hired since it didn’t go well and he was just waaay too nice about it. He was told that this is normal.

Now if the Autelis does control the iAqualink or talks to the equipment directly, I am willing to help you guys through getting it all working like it does with the Pentair gear. It will require a few victims with the equipment but, Autelis normalizes the interface to make all this a little less painful. Every bit of my pool is controlled through Vera. Working with one of the users, we even managed to get the IntelliChem working as well.

Pentair Pool Control Plugin

[quote=“rstrouse, post:21, topic:185577”]Have any of you reached out to Autelis to see if their unit will control your iAqualink or Jandy gear? If their unit does, then all this BS with Creston, C4, and URC goes away. Frankly, I think Jandy et. al. sold their soul thinking they could rope in some of the high end systems by striking deals with the aforementioned for exclusivity.

There are a few things that I thank my lucky stars for. One of which is that I went with Pentair rather than Jandy. Sure you spend nearly double up front, but when I hit the button on my remote, it responds almost immediately. Neighbor is always hitting his buttons more than once getting into the perpetual on/off cycle as the equipment delay is prolific. I don’t know if this is just his model or not but yikes. This could also be the contractor he hired since it didn’t go well and he was just waaay too nice about it. He was told that this is normal.

Now if the Autelis does control the iAqualink or talks to the equipment directly, I am willing to help you guys through getting it all working like it does with the Pentair gear. It will require a few victims with the equipment but, Autelis normalizes the interface to make all this a little less painful. Every bit of my pool is controlled through Vera. Working with one of the users, we even managed to get the IntelliChem working as well.

Pentair Pool Control Plugin[/quote]

It’s already known the Autelis works. Problem for me atleast is the iAqualink is the main controller and is needed for my pool. The Autelis is an add on modual/remote for the existing iAqualink control board that is already controllable from anywhere via my mobile device or webpage. I personally don’t want to spend another 270.00 or more just to add it to VERA. There is a few things to gain by adding it to vera, but there is not enough for me to justify the 270.00 (my personal experience only). So I’m just in a holding pattern hoping for a cheaper way to make the connection.

Yeah, I guess I’m a bit numb to the pool automation cost at this point. But I’m looking to do whole home HDBaseT right now and longing for the pool automation cost.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:22, topic:185577”][quote=“rstrouse, post:21, topic:185577”]Have any of you reached out to Autelis to see if their unit will control your iAqualink or Jandy gear? If their unit does, then all this BS with Creston, C4, and URC goes away. Frankly, I think Jandy et. al. sold their soul thinking they could rope in some of the high end systems by striking deals with the aforementioned for exclusivity.

Pentair Pool Control Plugin[/quote]

It’s already known the Autelis works. Problem for me atleast is the iAqualink is the main controller and is needed for my pool. The Autelis is an add on modual/remote for the existing iAqualink control board that is already controllable from anywhere via my mobile device or webpage. I personally don’t want to spend another 270.00 or more just to add it to VERA. There is a few things to gain by adding it to vera, but there is not enough for me to justify the 270.00 (my personal experience only). So I’m just in a holding pattern hoping for a cheaper way to make the connection.[/quote]

I am having this same debate now. Just got a pool put in with iaqualink. Turns out I still have to go to the equipment pad to set schedules for everything. IaqualInk is actually pretty limited on its own.

Most of the automation costs were in the Z4 panel and the automatic valves.

The autelis actually can emulate a control pad so you can do everything you can do on the actual panel itself, or you could have the vera handle the logic (don’t trust the vera for this personally).

I use an iAqualink without a pad at all. Programming can be done on the web interface vs. the app interface. Works fine .

What is this supposed to mean? How does this let vera control or integrate it with VERA? Most of us probley don’t have a “PAD”

To clarify when I meant Pad, I assumed it was a standalone Aqualink RS / OneTouch inside or outside your home. I guess it could also mean the area where the iQ900 control box and pumps .

I was responding to @nomar383 comment that all programming needs to be done at the control box (or Aqualink RS, or Autelis) . iAqualink also provides a browser interface both control and programming . Unfortunately, still no native integration with Vera. Not sure if its possible (or worth it) to write a plugin that somehow uses the web interface.

[quote=“niharmehta, post:27, topic:185577”]To clarify when I meant Pad, I assumed it was a standalone Aqualink RS / OneTouch inside or outside your home. I guess it could also mean the area where the iQ900 control box and pumps .

I was responding to @nomar383 comment that all programming needs to be done at the control box (or Aqualink RS, or Autelis) . iAqualink also provides a browser interface both control and programming . Unfortunately, still no native integration with Vera. Not sure if its possible (or worth it) to write a plugin that somehow uses the web interface.[/quote]

Can you post a screenshot of the programming from the computer? All I can see is turning pumps on or off and setting the temp for the pool/spa. Can you set schedules on the computer with iAqualink?

Go to :
iAquaLink Pool Automation | iAquaLink and log in using your username and password.

You can also access the Web UI using the Web tab on the mobile App. It will launch your browser for you.
Selecting the menu button, you will take you to the menu where all the programming can be done.

[quote=“niharmehta, post:29, topic:185577”]Go to :
iAquaLink Pool Automation | iAquaLink and log in using your username and password.

You can also access the Web UI using the Web tab on the mobile App. It will launch your browser for you.
Selecting the menu button, you will take you to the menu where all the programming can be done.[/quote]

What panel do you have? I only have the Z4, so maybe the higher end panel have more options. Mine looks nothing like that, it’s basically a mobile webpage that mimics the android app.

My control board is the iQ900 and the iAqualink 2.0 module (the hockey puck) connecting to the bus. What does it look like once you log in to the browser interface from your computer using the link I shared ?

This is what it looks like for me:
http://imgur.com/Fz2DLql,GLAXFtW#0

I also have the 2.0 hockey puck connected to the bus, then to my LAN over wifi.

Click on your " Home Pool "

Look at the second picture in the imgur link, that’s what I see when I click on Home Pool

That is strange. My system emulates a OneTouch panel. Yours is jumping to the web UI that I also can log in to by changing the URL.

After logging in, try : Zodiac iAquaLink which is basically replacing the “/start/mobile/?StartID=” with “/start/touch/?actionID=” in your URL.

If that does not work I would open up a ticket with Jandy.

[quote=“niharmehta, post:35, topic:185577”]That is strange. My system emulates a OneTouch panel. Yours is jumping to the web UI that I also can log in to by changing the URL.

After logging in, try : Zodiac iAquaLink which is basically replacing the “/start/mobile/?StartID=” with “/start/touch/?actionID=” in your URL.

If that does not work I would open up a ticket with Jandy.[/quote]

I will have to open a ticket I suppose. I tried as you suggested and it redirected me to the mobile link still. It would be awesome if I could get the level of control that was in your screenshot, hopefully it’s just a bug somewhere!

I’m looking at designing a python module to grab the data from the website so it can be useful elsewhere (kind of like a sudo-api). If I can get access to the scheduling and stuff, then maybe a Vera plugin would be possible/worthwhile.

Oh well. It was worth a shot. Must be bigger differences with the Z4 vs. RS based systems. A sudo-api would be useful as long as they do not keep changing things. Seeing how often they update their app, I doubt they ever have.

I would just be nice to be able to turn a few things on and off and trigger some OneTouch commands. I rarely change the schedule now other than Summer / Winter times . I would use an Autelis, however it is hard to justify the cost vs. just walking outside and using the tablet I mounted in an Orbit box on the wall.

Good luck and let us know what Jandy says.

[quote=“niharmehta, post:37, topic:185577”]Oh well. It was worth a shot. Must be bigger differences with the Z4 vs. RS based systems. A sudo-api would be useful as long as they do not keep changing things. Seeing how often they update their app, I doubt they ever have.

I would just be nice to be able to turn a few things on and off and trigger some OneTouch commands. I rarely change the schedule now other than Summer / Winter times . I would use an Autelis, however it is hard to justify the cost vs. just walking outside and using the tablet I mounted in an Orbit box on the wall.

Good luck and let us know what Jandy says.[/quote]

I just went through the manual and it says the web interface isn’t available for Z4 devices. Additionally Autelis doesnt support Z4 either, so I guess the latest and greatest is not a great idea haha. Maybe I can downgrade the panel to an older one from eBay…

[quote=“nomar383, post:38, topic:185577”][quote=“niharmehta, post:37, topic:185577”]Oh well. It was worth a shot. Must be bigger differences with the Z4 vs. RS based systems. A sudo-api would be useful as long as they do not keep changing things. Seeing how often they update their app, I doubt they ever have.

Good luck and let us know what Jandy says.[/quote]

Never seen that before. I have an RS also. I think the Z4 is cheaper.

I just went through the manual and it says the web interface isn’t available for Z4 devices. Additionally Autelis doesnt support Z4 either, so I guess the latest and greatest is not a great idea haha. Maybe I can downgrade the panel to an older one from eBay…[/quote]

So I’ve had the iAqualink 2.0 (RS-8 board) for almost a year now. I don’t get why you would want it integrated with the Vera (which I’ve had for five years or so). I feel the app is pretty solid and for me, pool automation is meant for “set it and forget it”. Before I got the pool, I thought it would be cool…but after owning it for a year, I just don’t see the need other than for a novelty. Can you guys tell me what you are trying to do?