HRT-ZW Thermostats

Well I have been looking at ALT UI and it looks great for a new user I Like it I recently got a Vera Edge

I have 3 Hortsmann Thermostats HRT4-ZW and they work perfect under Vera UI they show current Temp and I can Change Setpt within Thermostat window in UI

In Alt UI the Thermostats show current temp but I cannot change setpoint within the Window in ALT UI any ideas

thanks
mylesm

[quote=“mylesm, post:1, topic:189970”]Well I have been looking at ALT UI and it looks great for a new user I Like it I recently got a Vera Edge

I have 3 Hortsmann Thermostats HRT4-ZW and they work perfect under Vera UI they show current Temp and I can Change Setpt within Thermostat window in UI

In Alt UI the Thermostats show current temp but I cannot change setpoint within the Window in ALT UI any ideas

thanks
mylesm[/quote]

what is your VERA based on : UI5 or UI7 ?
what is your browser ?
what is the exact device type of your HRT4-ZW ?

also can you check this discussion and try the same url as the one I recommended to svaleb ?
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34101.0.html

[quote=“amg0, post:2, topic:189970”][quote=“mylesm, post:1, topic:189970”]Well I have been looking at ALT UI and it looks great for a new user I Like it I recently got a Vera Edge

thanks
mylesm[/quote]

what is your VERA based on : UI5 or UI7 ?
what is your browser ?
what is the exact device type of your HRT4-ZW ?

also can you check this discussion and try the same url as the one I recommended to svaleb ?
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,34101.0.html[/quote]

I tried that URL and new setpoint got sent to Device no Problem

My Browser is Google Chrome
My Vera is UI7
The Hortsmann HRT4-ZW is the Same as the Secure SRT 321 Thermostat
When I check advanced Tab I get device type
urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:Heater:1

All 3 have the same device type listed
heres a link to a screenshot

thanks
mylesm

can you give me the value of the variable “AllSetpoints” of that device ?
also you have a strange JSON file that I have not seen before, can you send me that json file ? D_HeaterTempNoOnOff1.json

[quote=“amg0, post:4, topic:189970”]can you give me the value of the variable “AllSetpoints” of that device ?
also you have a strange JSON file that I have not seen before, can you send me that json file ? D_HeaterTempNoOnOff1.json[/quote]

Hi Thanks I am very new to all this so please dont spend too much time on it as I dont want to use your time too much

The Variable Value is 19.500000,0.000000,0.000000

Im Afraid I have no idea how to send you the D_HeaterTempNoOnOff1.json file

I dont know where it is and also I am new here so cant pm you yet as my post count is not high enough

The set point changes and shows in the window if I use the URL you gave in previous Post

Also as you can see in ALT UI7 it is displaying Current Temp and Setpoint Temp its just the arrows dont change setpoint

Thank You
mylesm

Just looking at the Name of that file D_HeaterTempNoOnOff1.json it might help if I told you this is a European Thermostat so it has only Set Point raise lower buttons and Current setpoint Temp displayed and also Current Temp Displayed wheras American Stats seem to have on off auto cool etc

Maybe that explains the name

Heres what it looks like in Vera UI7 and it work perfectly

Thanks
Mylesm

[quote=“mylesm, post:6, topic:189970”]Just looking at the Name of that file D_HeaterTempNoOnOff1.json it might help if I told you this is a European Thermostat so it has only Set Point raise lower buttons and Current setpoint Temp displayed and also Current Temp Displayed wheras American Stats seem to have on off auto cool etc

Maybe that explains the name

Heres what it looks like in Vera UI7 and it work perfectly

Thanks
Mylesm[/quote]

you can get this file from UI7 Apps/Develop Apps/Luup files screen and download button. would be curious to see this.
Could you try this beta version of the altui plugin files ? just upload it using UI7 Apps/Develop Apps.

Tried that Beta version still the same when you click arrow on stat to increase/decrease setpt nothing happens

I hope I am doing everything here ok Should I restart Vera or anything like that

Thanks
Mylesm

[quote=“mylesm, post:8, topic:189970”]Tried that Beta version still the same when you click arrow on stat to increase/decrease setpt nothing happens

I hope I am doing everything here ok Should I restart Vera or anything like that

Thanks
Mylesm[/quote]
Mm mm drives me nuts
Ok make sure you refresh your browser before doing the test.
Also if you could capture the network traffic and the JavaScript console log in chrome and send me this ,we need to see the same url as the one I sent earlier in the network traffic to the Vera

can you please try this one

Hi Just tried that it immediatly set my stats to 22.3 and the up/down arrows still will not change that set point the last version showed both setpoint and current temp correctly only thing not working was up/down arrows

heres a screenprint of the most recent

Thanks
mylesm

my mistake, I gave you a wrong file. here it is

Sorry was away all day Just tried this now its better it shows current Temp and Current Setpoint but the Arrows still do not adjust setpoint

Heres a screenshot with latest

Thanks
Mylesm

Sorry was away all day Just tried this now its better it shows current Temp and Current Setpoint but the Arrows still do not adjust setpoint

Thanks
Mylesm[/quote]

yes getting close, although still having trouble on UI5 with svaleb. several issues it seems and one of them seems to be that , even on UI7, it is not aligned to VERA documentation and still uses the old UI5 service & variables. can you try this version and let me know ?

Thanks
Mylesm[/quote]

yes getting close, although still having trouble on UI5 with svaleb. several issues it seems and one of them seems to be that , even on UI7, it is not aligned to VERA documentation and still uses the old UI5 service & variables. can you try this version and let me know ?[/quote]

That Last one seems to work now I can change setpoints with up/down arrows and the new setpoint is getting transmitted to the Thermostat

Thank You so much for your help

mylesm

Hello - just wanted to flag up a curiosity. Have had some trouble with my HRT4 not being displayed correctly. The attached images show UI7 and altUI - UI7 is displaying correctly. I have just excluded and included the bugger to no avail. Cheers pal.

at the same time you do a screen dump , please do a MISC/DEBUG/All device’s state and give the device ID so we capture all variables & values. they are chances that UI7 and ALTUI do a similar thing which is remembering on the client side the last requested temp ( to avoid asking to change at each key press ) and therefore these 2 numbers will never be aligned. what needs to be aligned is the CurrentSetPoint ( top left value ).

but I am sure I am not out of trouble with Htermostat & heater as the UPNP changes and there seem to be very different implementations out there.

you may try the option “Use new UI7 behavior for Heater devices” in ALTUI and see what it does…

Thx amgO - without doing anything they are now in sync. Will keep an eye on it.

Well Thanks to all your help My 3 Thermostats are now displaying perfectly in ALT UI

In the Devices Page This is what displays

I have them marked as favourites and in the home screen they dont display properly

Not sure if its me or a problem

mylesm

[quote=“mylesm, post:19, topic:189970”]Well Thanks to all your help My 3 Thermostats are now displaying perfectly in ALT UI

In the Devices Page This is what displays

I have them marked as favourites and in the home screen they dont display properly

Not sure if its me or a problem

mylesm[/quote]

yes these device types are not yet implemented as favorite so you get a default display.
what would be the one number ( device variable ) you d like to see inside the square ?