How to use veramate voice control?

It seems the new upgrade re-activates the voice control feature. However, I could not figure out how to use it? When I say something, it is record correctly and show my voice text. How to link a scene with voice control? I search in the web and it seems there are no tutorials about this.

Thanks.

I could run (only) two of my scenes saying “run”. I was even unable to switch a light on such as "turn on.

I’m not sure if it is the voice service, but it can’t understand “garage door”. I’ve never had a problem with any voice recognition on any phone service. Heck, I’m even in the state that Nuance is located so it should be able to understand whatever slight New England accent I might have.

I haven’t tried it with anything else.

Agree, the ploblem is the (mis)interpretation of that was the voice service understand, maybe it’s a tollerance problem of the vc?

Firstly for the question of how to use (and agreed, I’ll make it clearer in the app in the next version), it’s fairly simply at the moment, where it takes the name of the device, and a command such as “turn on, turn off, run, activate”. So assuming you’ve got a device called “kitchen light”, saying “turn on kitchen light” should work.

As for the detection… the only control client apps have is over the language type… which, I’ve left as english, and not american english. I’ll get out an update that allows you to configure this. I had been thinking this would be detecting most accents as it worked for me with a very high accuracy.

For example, one of my scenes is called “Amiente”, which dimmed the lights in my livingroom to 20%.
VeraMate’s understanding/interpretation of the voice command “turn on ambiente” is alternatevely “turn on and beyond”, “turn on gender”, “turn on and enter”… Giving the command “run amiente” was understood as “iran and the into” or “iran computer”…

[quote=“Kullematz, post:6, topic:184622”]For example, one of my scenes is called “Amiente”, which dimmed the lights in my livingroom to 20%.
VeraMate’s understanding/interpretation of the voice command “turn on ambiente” is alternatevely “turn on and beyond”, “turn on gender”, “turn on and enter”…[/quote]

Amiente? It won’t unfortunately support custom vocabularies or foreign words at the moment. I’m not sure what “Amiente” is (sorry) - my only recommendation is to change the scene name…

Ok, just change the scene from “Ambiente” to “Ambience” and it worked. Interestingly, other voice recognition softwares are obviously more tolerant, they even accept scene namens like “Ambiente”. I’ll see if the american english version of VeraMate’s voice recognition will make a difference.
Many many thanks for this great program!

[quote=“Kullematz, post:8, topic:184622”]Ok, just change the scene from “Ambiente” to “Ambience” and it worked. Interestingly, other voice recognition softwares are obviously more tolerant, they even accept scene namens like “Ambiente”. I’ll see if the american english version of VeraMate’s voice recognition will make a difference.
Many many thanks for this great program![/quote]

Good to hear. Nuance can enable a custom dictionary which I could potentially create from the words used, but I don’t think I’ll be supporting that. I’ll look into it further in the future, but there is a cost associated that I’m not willing to commit to yet.

Still get the Service Note “We apoligize for the inconvenience…” when starting Voice Control, but the VC works just fine.

Voice control now understand my accent better :). However, for some scenes, when I say “activate” or “turn on” + scene name, it does not do anything although it is blue highlighted (a match)

Is there a way to control a thermostat, I have 2 Honeywell’s and one 2gig and I can only get on and off to give a confirmation, IE: turn off or turn on and It will repeat but does not complete request. I would really like to control the temp settings, and I have tried set temp, increase temp, but it never understands.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

[quote=“ElMagnifico, post:12, topic:184622”]Is there a way to control a thermostat, I have 2 Honeywell’s and one 2gig and I can only get on and off to give a confirmation, IE: turn off or turn on and It will repeat but does not complete request. I would really like to control the temp settings, and I have tried set temp, increase temp, but it never understands.

Thanks for any help you can provide.[/quote]

Thermostat temperature control hasn’t been added yet… I’ll look to put this in.

The new dimmer function under voice control works great, but could it be extended for roller shutter as well?

Strange I missed that! It should’ve worked for any “phaze” device - I’ll add it.

Just realised that the VC don’t work for roller shutter at all. Get spoken confirmation for open or closing the shutter, but there is no movement.

The problem is still happen under V8.10.

8.10 was already queued with Apple when you mentioned it - they aren’t the speediest company, so we have to conform to their timelines :slight_smile: 8.11 is with Apple now which has this in it.

I just purchased VeraMate Premium with the ultimate goal of using it with an iWatch. Voice control is high on my list of desired features. I have been trying to get voice control within VeraMate to work on my iPhone without success. When I say Turn On Fireplace or Turn on Firepace light or Fireplace light on, The Light doesn’t respond and Siri say’s she doesn’t understand that. My voice command is displayed correctly on the Veramate screen. I can also manually control the lights from VeraMate. Fireplace is the name of one of my lights. I tried other lights as well but get the same Siri response without the command being executed. Any advice? I am on the latest version of iOS. I played with the voice settings but none seemed to change the results.

Thanks in advance.

[quote=“slief, post:19, topic:184622”]I just purchased VeraMate Premium with the ultimate goal of using it with an iWatch. Voice control is high on my list of desired features. I have been trying to get voice control within VeraMate to work on my iPhone without success. When I say Turn On Fireplace or Turn on Firepace light or Fireplace light on, The Light doesn’t respond and Siri say’s she doesn’t understand that. My voice command is displayed correctly on the Veramate screen. I can also manually control the lights from VeraMate. Fireplace is the name of one of my lights. I tried other lights as well but get the same Siri response without the command being executed. Any advice? I am on the latest version of iOS. I played with the voice settings but none seemed to change the results.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

In hindsight, I was using those commands with a dimmer switch. Could that be why it didn’t work? I was reading the FAQ at the Veramate website and it indicated that I can reference a percentage for dimmable lights. I’m not at home to test it but perhaps the commands I was using with only work for non dimmable lights. I should have tried that last night. When I get home I will revise my command and try: Turn on Fireplace light to 50%
I will also try to Use the original command with a non dimmable light.

If you have any further advice, I would love to hear it.