Honeywell TH8320ZW1000 thermostat...

I tierd everything I could think of to try to get my TH8320ZW1007 enrolled with the vera2. ??? No Luck. anyone else have this problem? and solved it?

I tried to add it with half and full power, 2.x zwave and 3.x ,plugged in and on the battery, connected to my netork and not connected. Nothing works. The thermostat immedietly says failed all the time. What gives?

Have you tried to exclude the thermostat first? maybe it was included in another z-wave network for testing purposes and they forgot to exclude it after the test.
Also it’s a good idea to have the thermostat as close as possible to Vera when you include it.
If you still encounter issues you should send a trouble ticket to support.

Sorry RG. I had no problems enrolling mine. It was the first device in my network. I’m not sure if that made it easier or not.

[quote=“RylieGrite, post:21, topic:168437”]I tierd everything I could think of to try to get my TH8320ZW1007 enrolled with the vera2. ??? No Luck. anyone else have this problem? and solved it?

I tried to add it with half and full power, 2.x zwave and 3.x ,plugged in and on the battery, connected to my netork and not connected. Nothing works. The thermostat immedietly says failed all the time. What gives?[/quote]

I had no problems pairing mine either. I would just reset the thermostat and try again. Press “system” then the 3rd and 5th squares at the bottom of the thermostat screen simultaneously. Scroll through until you get to “0710” then change the number to “1” to reset.

After that, press the zwave button on Vera and pair again. (I did not use the battery pack. I just plugged it into the wall.) Go back to the “rf10” on the thermostat and change it to “1”. That should work. You may also go to “rf20” and change that to “1” to resend the node.

I hope the reset works for you.

I just received a VERA 2 and two Honeywell TH8320ZW1007 Thermostats that I order from Amazon. I had the non-Z-Wave Honeywell thermostats before. My place is a 4 story townhouse with 2-stage gas/air conditioning on the bottom two floors and heat pump/emergency electric heat for the top two floors.

The install was easy. Even though the thermostats are almost the same size the base plate is slightly different so I had to move the wires from the old base plate to the new base plate. Programming the Z-wave version was almost identical to the older units except the z-wave doesn’t show humidity or show the number of days left to replace the filter.

I did the pairing with the Vera 2 by using the external power supply with the Vera. It took a couple of tries to get the sequence right between the Vera and the thermostat, but it did pair just fine.

I’m using iVera on an iPhone to monitor the thermostats. They both respond to commands just fine, but don’t show the fan status. Both Fan Auto and Fan On are dim and don’t seem to load from the Vera/thermostats when iVera is launched.

Not sure how all this hangs together and where to look in settings and elsewhere to see how the devices are configured for thermostats. Anyone know how Thermostats are polled and data displayed on the Vera 2 and with iVera?

I got ours Tuesday, but am waiting to drop them in until the weekend. These are not a pop-off/pop-on replacement for our existing TH8320U1008s, so it’s going to take a bit more work. We have a hybrid system: heat pump with natural gas backup. So I need to wade through the way the installer options are set currently and mimic them on the new guys.

Good to hear that Vera groks them.

–Richard

Did you get this STSAT to work with your Natural Gas emergency heat? If so, do you have a fossil fuel kit installed? I just had to abort using this STAT with my new HVAC system because it could not handle the fossil fuel natively as the other Honeywell 8000 pro’s do. It is frustrating that the combination of dual fuel and z-wave hasn’t found favorable support yet without resorting to a fossil fuel kit.

Richard

[quote=“raskell, post:26, topic:168437”]Did you get this STSAT to work with your Natural Gas emergency heat? If so, do you have a fossil fuel kit installed? I just had to abort using this STAT with my new HVAC system because it could not handle the fossil fuel natively as the other Honeywell 8000 pro’s do. It is frustrating that the combination of dual fuel and z-wave hasn’t found favorable support yet without resorting to a fossil fuel kit.

Richard[/quote]

I had assumed it would work. But it’s been summer here, so we’ve been in cooling mode since the stats arrived and I installed them. Why do you believe they won’t work with dual-fuel? Does it say so expressly in the docs, and I missed it?

–Richard

[quote=“rlmalisz, post:27, topic:168437”][quote=“raskell, post:26, topic:168437”]Did you get this STSAT to work with your Natural Gas emergency heat? If so, do you have a fossil fuel kit installed? I just had to abort using this STAT with my new HVAC system because it could not handle the fossil fuel natively as the other Honeywell 8000 pro’s do. It is frustrating that the combination of dual fuel and z-wave hasn’t found favorable support yet without resorting to a fossil fuel kit.

Richard[/quote]

I had assumed it would work. But it’s been summer here, so we’ve been in cooling mode since the stats arrived and I installed them. Why do you believe they won’t work with dual-fuel? Does it say so expressly in the docs, and I missed it?

–Richard[/quote]

I called my HVAC guy when these came out and he said that Honywell 8000 series doesn’t work with dual fuel. That doesn’t mean much, since he didn’t know what zwave was… Perhaps this is the first 8000 series that does?

I absolutely want to know how it turns out!

This is a snip from the manual. If I understand correctly, 2 heat/1 cool heat pump with aux, and aux can be gas (as per the emergency list below).

0170 System type 1 1 heat/1 cool conventional
2 1 heat/1 cool heat pump (no aux. heat)
3 Heat only (2-wire systems)
4 Heat only with fan
5 Hot water Series 20 system (power to open & close zone
valves/normally open zone valves)
6 Cool only
7 2 heat/1 cool heat pump (with aux. heat)
8 2 heat/2 cool multistage conventional
9 2 heat/1 cool multistage conventional
10 1 heat/2 cool multistage conventional
11 2 heat/2 cool heat pump (no aux. heat)
12 3 heat/2 cool heat pump (with aux. heat)

0270 Emergency heat
cycle rate (CPH)
9 Electric emergency heat
1 Steam or gravity systems
3 Hot water systems & furnaces of 90%+ efficiency
5 Gas or oil furnaces of less than 90% efficienc

[quote=“RylieGrite, post:21, topic:168437”]I tierd everything I could think of to try to get my TH8320ZW1007 enrolled with the vera2. ??? No Luck. anyone else have this problem? and solved it?

I tried to add it with half and full power, 2.x zwave and 3.x ,plugged in and on the battery, connected to my netork and not connected. Nothing works. The thermostat immedietly says failed all the time. What gives?[/quote]

i’m having the same issue, hooked up the thermostat with no problem. go to 710 to reset it, go to rf10 to pair, and within 1/2 second it says “failed”. i tried with the wizzard. i plugged the vera2 into a/c power and have it 3" from the thermostat. the z-wave light is blinking.

this is my first device :frowning:

did you ever get it working?

Do you guys know id there’s a way to turn on Emergency Heat from Vera?

I am having trouble including the thermostat try to pair rf10 and when I hit up arrow I immediately get action failed, tried reset 710=1, Using vera2 on batterypack. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

My Honeywell thermostat use to show up on my Vera Dashboard as a graphic that allowed me to set heating and cooling temps, and showed me the temp in the house. Recently my Vera Lite stopped working, and tech support had to take control to get it back. Now, the thermostat shows up as a “Temperature” device with only one non-functioning button showing as 0 degrees. Any suggestions on how I can get the old device graphic back?

[quote=“yr1, post:32, topic:168437”]I am having trouble including the thermostat try to pair rf10 and when I hit up arrow I immediately get action failed, tried reset 710=1, Using vera2 on batterypack. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks[/quote]
I had this same issue ( mine also said “Lost Communication”). I fought for two days trying everything possible before ultimately returning the thermostat for a replacement Upon installation of the second stat things worked perfectly.

I too need emheat as a control and indication. Is there a way we can add this ?

Thanks

Update: I miscounted the buttons when you hit the system buttons two more buttons appear. It works now. Thanks to everyone on this site for providing help.

I tried to get to the 0710 advance setting to reset the thermostate using the instruction below. However it does not work for me. I can get to advance setting useing just the 3 button but not the 5 at the same time. But with that I do not see 0710 as an option. My unit one day stated showing EM Heat as a system option when it did not before. This was after one day of being installed. There are two thermostats one is working fine but this one is acting up and even when system is on cool it turns the heater on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[quote=“jdingman, post:24, topic:168437”][quote=“RylieGrite, post:21, topic:168437”]I tierd everything I could think of to try to get my TH8320ZW1007 enrolled with the vera2. ??? No Luck. anyone else have this problem? and solved it?

I had no problems pairing mine either. I would just reset the thermostat and try again. Press “system” then the 3rd and 5th squares at the bottom of the thermostat screen simultaneously. Scroll through until you get to “0710” then change the number to “1” to reset.

After that, press the zwave button on Vera and pair again. (I did not use the battery pack. I just plugged it into the wall.) Go back to the “rf10” on the thermostat and change it to “1”. That should work. You may also go to “rf20” and change that to “1” to resend the node.

I hope the reset works for you.[/quote]

I have a Vera Lite, and couldn’t get it to pair with my honeywell thermostat. I also don’t have 0710 (reset to default) option. I am also getting failed when i try to put into inclusion mode. But I fixed it!

taking the thermostat apart, and checking for reset jumpers- nope!
powering off and pulling battery for 1/2 hour- nope!

Put VeraLite into inclusion mode (by following directions on the device itself under “Devices”, “Add Devices”, then “Add ZWave Devices…” Choose option 1, and use a long cat5 cable to get the veralite right to the thermostat. now it won’t pair and you get the fault so click on “I’m activating the device, but it’s not adding to the list” then do the pairing again and it DID infact reset the Zwave problem!! then I was able to put the thermostat into RF10 - 1 and it paired perfectly.

I had to do the same thing to one of my recepticle Zwave devices.

I speculate that they were confused because I had originally paired them to a Zstick and I guess something messed up on these 2 devices.

Good luck, I know this will help some people becuase it would have helped me!!!

john

I am also having this problem. Even with my Honeywell unit less than an inch from the Vera, it immediately fails when trying to pair. I have reset both units, and nothing works. It just says “action failed”. I even tried this most recent suggestion to select the repair option in the Vera menu and that does not work either.

Honeywell is all around not particularly helpful via tech support email, trying to convince me I am doing something wrong and then closing the case and sending me a customer service survey without actually addressing the issue. Can those who got them to replace the unit explain how you did it?

Thanks…

Have you managed to solve the pairing problem of the Honeywell Thermostat?
I have the same issue and I can not find a way to include the thermostat in the Z-wave network. On a mail I have sent to the Honeywell helpdesk I get no response.

Ordered the Honeywell TH8320ZW1007 thermostat on Tuesday 2/19/13, received the package today 2/21/13. This is my first device after receiving the Veralite.

Okay, took me six hours trying to link the device to Veralite. I was stumped, didn’t know what else to do. Searched online, I found this forum and followed all of the above methods of trying to get it to connect. Wasn’t even able to get to reset by code 710 - 1. No matter what I did, all I got was “Communication Lost” and “Action Failed”. I was just about to yank it off the wall and put it back in the box to return it to Amazon. I hate the hassle of returning things so I thought I just give it one last try. Opened up the back cover, there was a circuit board labeled Comm seems to be lose. It seems like the four pins connector was pretty lose, I bent the pins a little for better connection. Pressed it back in snuggle and put it back on the wall. What do you know? It worked.

I really love these home automation stuff now that I got this working. Can’t wait for video cameras and motion sensors to arrive. Thanks everyone.