Home Care Plugin

@mcvflorin

Is the Home Care Plugin publicly available?

It is now. Since this is one of my first plugins, it’s far from perfect and can be improved greatly. I plan to add support for other devices besides security sensors in the near future.

@mcvflorin

If you talk about the one in"code.mios.com", it goes to " Welcome to Trac 0.11.6 " without any specific information about the “Home care plugin” (at least in my case). You could maybe have a lokk at it ?

Based on your understanding, what is the differences between Marketplace.mios.com and code.mios.com (other than the fact that code.mios.com contains a tool to manage the changes made to the piece of software ?

I haven’t written any description for it yet. It follows the same install procedure as the other plugins: upload all the files via the fields in Luup Files tab (including the js file and the lua file) and create the device in the Create Device tab. It requires a firmware version 1.1.1183 or newer to work.

Currently code.mios.com offers more features for the developers (a repository with versioning, a wiki page for description, etc.), while the marketplace is easier to use. The Developers Section for the marketplace is in the works, which will offer some of the features of code.mios.com. Until this is finished, I recommend code.mios.com.

Is the Home Care Plugin supposed to work remotely? It seems to fail at “Opening Users …”.

No, currently JavaScript based plugins don’t work remotely because of the way the js file is imported. I asked Vali to fix this and he will look into it this week.

meh, I am within the same network (LAN) as my Vera and I am seeing the same thing that Ap15e is seeing, only I also noticed that the Startup Lua has Failed for the plugin. I reinstalled 3 times, same thing each time performing the usual jazz (save, refresh, save, refresh, etc.).

I updated the plugin and I wrote the Trac Wiki page for it. It still doesn’t work when Vera is accessed remotely though.

@mcvflorin

Love the plugin, works great. But I would like an additional feature, to be able to set the time interval where the sensors are inactive, for example during the day! so that I don’t get an alert at night if no motion is detected.
Is that something that can be easily implemented?

Good idea! I will implement this when I find the time, because it could take several hours to make it right.

@Abilia

I updated the plugin as requested.

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_home-care/wiki/WikiStart

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of this plugin? I read the trac page several times and still don’t understand why you need “notifications when armed sensor is inactive” and what does inactive mean? Not tripped or not responding? Thanks :slight_smile:

@denix, As I understand it, this plugin taps into all of a Vera’s security sensors (except the ones that are bypassed), and resets a timer whenever one of them trips. If a certain period of time goes by and none of the sensors trip, it triggers a notification.

Why would this be useful? I have an elderly relative who lives about 45 minutes’ drive away. He’s independent but he lives alone. I don’t call him every day, so if he had an accident I wouldn’t find out about it until it was probably too late. This plugin can notify me if there’s an unexpected length of inactivity in his house.

@mcvflorin, this is really useful. Thanks for sharing it. I was going to write a plugin a lot like this (but without as much marketing tact; I was going to call mine “Dead Man’s Switch”). Here are the features that I was going to put into my plugin that aren’t yet in the Home Care plugin:

1. Trigger an event when the timer runs out, rather than send the notification directly. This would let me program scenes to react to the timer running out (say, turning on cameras, flashing a light on the outside of his house, sending me an iPhone ping through Prowl, etc.).
  2. Follow the Armed state of any Alarm Partitions in the house, and (optionally) disable the timer if a partition is armed. If my elderly relative is out of the house, he’ll arm his security system and I won’t receive false notifications when the house is expectedly quiet.

If you get around to implementing them before I do, I won’t be upset. :slight_smile:

@futzle, thanks for the explanation!

[quote=“futzle, post:13, topic:168314”]@mcvflorin, this is really useful. Thanks for sharing it. I was going to write a plugin a lot like this (but without as much marketing tact; I was going to call mine “Dead Man’s Switch”). Here are the features that I was going to put into my plugin that aren’t yet in the Home Care plugin:

1. Trigger an event when the timer runs out, rather than send the notification directly. This would let me program scenes to react to the timer running out (say, turning on cameras, flashing a light on the outside of his house, sending me an iPhone ping through Prowl, etc.).
  2. Follow the Armed state of any Alarm Partitions in the house, and (optionally) disable the timer if a partition is armed. If my elderly relative is out of the house, he’ll arm his security system and I won’t receive false notifications when the house is expectedly quiet.

If you get around to implementing them before I do, I won’t be upset. :)[/quote]

The reason it’s called Home Care is that initially the plugin’s scope was larger, as it also needed to monitor the temperature sensors, and, most importantly, it had to create a pattern during several days of monitoring and configure itself regarding when it was active to follow that pattern.

I like your ideas, and I will implement them this week.

@mcvflorin, really like this plugin - nice job.

+1 for the suggestion from futzle for a way to arm/bypass the monitor if say a house alarm scene (or specific sensors) are armed.

What is the maximum inactivity interval period that can be entered, it seems to accept 9999 but will it time down from this?

Frasier, extending the plugin is on my TODO list, I just didn’t have the time to do it. The plugin should work even with very large inactivity periods, though I haven’t tested it and cannot confirm.

When I upgraded Vera to 1.1.1338 the Homecare plug disappeared off the dashboard?
The six files are still listed listed on the Luup list but when I go to recreate the plugin I end up with a different control panel layout - the tabs are:
Control Settings Advanced Device Options

Any suggestions ? Do I need to upload the six files again?

If refreshing the page using CTRL+F5 doesn’t help, try restarting Luup, then refreshing the page again. If this still doesn’t work, open the HomeCare control panel → Advanced tab. In the device_type field enter urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:HomeCare:1 and in the device_file field enter D_HomeCare.xml. Save settings and refresh the page after Luup restarted.

Ok, thanks I’ll try that. Just to be clear whats the best way to restart the Luup? The reload button beside the quick start
button?