Home Care Plugin

Yes, the button with the curving arrows.

Thanks, updating the device_type field seems to have fixed. it.

I just found this plugin, not sure why I did not see it before.

While the initial use of this is not something I need, I do see potential for a larger audience with monitoring sensors for ‘security’ needs.

What about modifying the plugin to track sensors being tripped in order to know if it is a false-positive, or something that should send a real Alarm - say to sound a siren. Since we don’t want to have sirens going off whenever a false-positive triggers.

Examples:

1. turn on the Siren when a set of sensors trip (when Armed) in a specific order
  2. turn on the Siren more than one sensors in a “group” trips … like Garage Motion Sensor and Laundry Room Door Sensor

[quote=“Aaron, post:23, topic:168314”]I just found this plugin, not sure why I did not see it before.

While the initial use of this is not something I need, I do see potential for a larger audience with monitoring sensors for ‘security’ needs.

What about modifying the plugin to track sensors being tripped in order to know if it is a false-positive, or something that should send a real Alarm - say to sound a siren. Since we don’t want to have sirens going off whenever a false-positive triggers.

Examples:

1. turn on the Siren when a set of sensors trip (when Armed) in a specific order
  2. turn on the Siren more than one sensors in a “group” trips … like Garage Motion Sensor and Laundry Room Door Sensor[/quote]

That would be cool. I have a similar routine (using another product) that trips the alarm when the bedroom sensor trips before the living room sensor when no ones home.

I love the idea of this plugin - I plan to use it to ensure my Aeon battery door contact is functioning normally (i.e. battery hasn’t died - since the low battery alert I have doesn’t seem to work on it at all)…BUT…

I can’t figure out how to properly configure this plugin. I have it set up, but all I want to do is send me a text if the door contact doesn’t trip at least once in a day…

I put in 1400 (minutes - 1440 minutes in 24 hours…) in the “inactivity period” and put “00:00 - 23:59” in the “notify between” and assume that is correct…but to test, I changed the 1400 inactivity period to 60 and would EXPECT that if I haven’t opened my garage door once in that hour (and every following hour) I’d get a text message - but I configured it at 6 PM and it’s almost midnight and I have yet to receive a text…

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

I have a need for the functionality of this app, but I’ve given it about 4 hours and can’t figure out how to make it work like I need it to. I know this is off the wall, but wonder if anyone can help me sort it out please. How do I configure the app to only pay attention to one sensor, rather than all of the sensors that are configured on the DSC/Vera. To make the matter even a little more challenging, I need to use the motion sensor/alert out of Blue Iris (on the same network) as the motion sensor.
I have figured out how to send http requests from BI to trigger a scene in Vera with a .bat file, but can’t figure out how to make use of that notification to interface with the Homecare app, or if it is even possible.
Essentially, I would like to use the motion sensor of one of the cameras on Blue Iris as the sensor that the Homecare app is paying attention to, and have it send me a notification if that camera doesn’t sense motion for a defined period of time. I know it seems a little crazy, but what I want to do is be able to use the mask feature in Blue Iris to ignore motion in some areas, and alert in specific areas only, so that the movements of very large dogs that are roaming around the home will be ignored. I can’t do that with the regular motion sensors that are tied into the DSC panel.
Any ideas?