GE / Jasco Smart Switch Reset

Hello, I hope someone can help with this issue. I had a VeraLite working perfectly in our house and then one day it decided to die and nothing would work. So, I decided this would be a good time to upgrade to the VeraPlus. I am having z-wave issues and problems adding my devices to the VeraPlus. Since the VeraLite was the primary controller and was dead, I had no way to restore or transfer my z-wave network. I have successfully reset my kwickset locks and paired them to the VeraPlus and I was able to factory reset my Linear GD00Z-4 Garage Control. All of these are working fine. It’s my GE / Jasco in-wall Smart Switches of model 12722 / ZW4005 and my smart switch fan control that will not reset and allow me to pair. All switches are within 100ft and I even bought a 65 foot patch cable to extend the VeraPlus to be near the devices. I have the manuals and there is nothing in there about a factory reset. I tried using the add device and then the un-pair feature and it will not reset them. I have tried multiple ways found on my search. Pulling out the bottom stop gap tab, holding the top button while plugging back in then releasing after 4 seconds does not work. Or releasing before 4 seconds does not work. I tried to hold the bottom button for 30 seconds and also hold the top button for 30 seconds and it did not work. I also tried pressing the top button or the bottom button 10 times. None of these options seem to rest the switch and allow me to pair them. Can anyone please tell me what the exact method would be to reset my model? All attempts have been useless for me.

Did you try excluding the device first, then including it?

Yes, in UI7 when adding a new device if not found, then on retry, it starts the option to exclude the device. I have tried that and it still does not want to reset the switch as when I attempt to add again, it?s not found. The add device list does not have the GE listed, so I am using the Jasco in-wall smart switch as my selection. I believe the switch is still paired with my previous primary Vera Lite which died and therefore not registering with the new primary Vera Plus. I am looking for the physical hardware reset procedure? My previous searches and attempts are not working.

This may be a stupid question, but will ask it anyway: After putting Vera in Exclude mode, did you go to the GE switch and press it? And within that short time window that exclude is active?

You definitely need to exclude that device, now to find out why the exclude is not working for you.

I’m having literally the same exact problem. If you ever find a solution, let me know…

There are no stupid questions when trying to troubleshoot this problem. All questions are welcome. Yes, I did go to the switch and pressed the toggle within the 60 second countdown. I attempted a couple of tries by following the exclude device instructions provided by UI7. I thought there may be another physical method of resetting the switch without using the UI? I was able to reset the locks and garage opener at the device itself.

I am new to Vera but acquainted with Smartthings. To test Vera I decided to migrate one of my GE switches. After several attempts, nothing seemed to work. Excluding from ST did nothing. Then, I realized I needed to unpair the switch. Using the air gap switch, I powered off my GE fan control switch, repowered it and pressed the “off” toggle. It unpaired from ST and promptly appeared on Vera.

Looking at several resources i’m getting that you should:

Pull the air gap tab to disconnect
Push back in to reconnect and power up
push the UP paddle (side away from the LED indicator) 10 times

That should 100% default/unpair the switch. Let me know if it works since I have about 15 of these in the house.

One thing to consider when unpairing is that any ZWave controller that is capable of being a ZWave Master controller can unpair a device (even a device that is not associated with the controller).

I have a GE hand held ZWave controller that I use to unpair devices, as I can bring the controller right up to the device when doing the unpair.

One caveat: If the device is of a newer generation of ZWave (for example, a ZWave lock), then an older generation controller might not unpair it properly (I have not tried it, so don’t know if this is true or not).

Huh. Nothing works. It’s so weird.

None of the methods seem to working for me either. The VeraPlus instructions said to pull the stop gap then press and hold the top paddle while pressing in the stop gap. Continue to hold the top paddle for 4 seconds and release. Still no cigar.

Try the delete device only, not unpair.
Also during exclude try successive fast double tap top and bottom rocker during unpair to get it to recognize.

Try variations of the above.

When you finally include it, I had to use linear ws15z-1. Pretty much the same issues you ran into.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

EXACTLY the same boat here! I’ve been at it for 3 days trying to reset this switch using all of the same methods mentioned here. So frustrating! I’m going to call Jasco customer service tomorrow and if no easy solution there I’ll just replace the switch and move on in life :wink: I have the 12722 smart switch trying to re-configure to a factory reset veralite.

Replying to tomtcom about deleting the device. I don?t have a device to delete. Looking back at my original post, I was saying that all of my GE/Jasco switches were paired with a VeraLite, which died on me so I had no way to delete them. I purchased the VeraPlus to replace the VeraLite and now need to reset the switches so that they will pair with the new one. I have my door locks and garage opener to manually reset and are working fine. It?s only the GE switches that are giving me the heartburn and won?t seem to reset.

[quote=“foneal”]Replying to tomtcom about deleting the device. I don?t have a device to delete. Looking back at my original post, I was saying that all of my GE/Jasco switches were paired with a VeraLite, which died on me so I had no way to delete them. I purchased the VeraPlus to replace the VeraLite and now need to reset the switches so that they will pair with the new one. I have my door locks and garage opener to manually reset and are working fine. It?s only the GE switches that are giving me the heartburn and won?t seem to reset.[/quote]Yep, I should have read better. Seems to me there are variations on the reset method like tapping 4 times with air gap pulled, put it back, tap 4 times again as opposed to holding the switch for 4 seconds.

Have you tried more variations?

Did you call Jasco to see if they have a method?

No, I haven’t called yet. I was waiting to see if xnetdoodx was going to reply with their call information into Jasco, but haven’t seen anything yet? I hear Jasco support line is not so good, so I have been delaying picking up the phone. Probably next on my list though.

[quote=“foneal”]No, I haven’t called yet. I was waiting to see if xnetdoodx was going to reply with their call information into Jasco, but haven’t seen anything yet? I hear Jasco support line is not so good, so I have been delaying picking up the phone. Probably next on my list though.[/quote]Lol good luck. I would assume each device has a reset procedure for this very reason.

Did you guys try the method I posted above? It came from Jasco’s site…

Sorry for the delayed response… Jasco support was clear and concise! The 12722 CAN NOT be put back to a factory reset state on its own. You must use the exclude function from any compatible zwave device. The switch need not have have been part of the network of the device used to exclude it. Since I’ve tried numerous times to do just that via my veralite without success, Jasco’s solution was to replace switches.

So there you have it. No more wasting time trying paddle/air gap combos for a reset that does not exist.

BTW they said to exclude it all you have to do is tap a paddle (either up or down) while your hub is in exclude mode.

Well folks, the Golden Prize for finding a solution is aa6vh. I took a tip from him and went to Amazon to purchase the GE Wireless Lighting Control Handheld LCD Remote for $30 bucks. Model zw5303 45633. By default it is a Primary z-wave controller. The steps were to go into setup mode, then light setup, then arrow over to Delete and press OK. The screen will display that it is waiting. While standing next to the GE light switch, I pressed the paddle board a couple of times and then the remote said success! Went back to the VeraPlus and when adding a lighting device, I just selected the basic Jasco in-wall receptacle. During the 60 second count down, I presses the paddles 4 or 5 times and checked the vera. Bam!! there it was. The screen popped up for me to name the device and select the room. Clicked Finish and the GE switch showed up with all of my devices. Success is sweet. I then followed the same process for all of the other light switches and a fan dimmer switch. All of them worked flawlessly. I’m thankful to aa6vh for bringing this option to us. I am very disappointed to hear from xnetdoodx that Jasco wanted him to replace all of his switches. :frowning: That response is uncalled for, when they are selling an expensive device and they are supposed to be providing customer service when getting our hard earned money. The handheld was a good investment and I will feel better knowing that I have this option if my controller were to fail again. As an additional option, the GE remote can be paired with the Vera as a secondary controller until I might need it again as a primary. Thanks to all for participating in this thread!