Foscam IP Camera Plugin

hi, please, can some one help how to rotate webcam image in Vera lite.
I am using manualy created webcam in Vera. Webcam is a mjpeg-streamer from openwrt router.

[quote=“derrij, post:381, topic:171931”]hi, please, can some one help how to rotate webcam image in Vera lite.
I am using manualy created webcam in Vera. Webcam is a mjpeg-streamer from openwrt router.[/quote]
is it a foscam ? there is a topic about this allready… did u use search ?

You can do this from the camera settings not vera lite. Go to the camera web interface and change it

I would like register about my experience with 2 Foscam cameras…

with the plugin I could not work…a lot of problems…a lot of cameras devices installed, changing of IP address automatic by the plugin, etc.

then I uninstall the plugin and follow this instructions:

http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Manually_create_IP_Camera_device

changing: D_DigitalSecurityCamera1.xml for D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml only.

all is ok…presets control works fine.

the only problem is when I click in the arrows to move camera step by step one click do the camera rotate without stop…

but is curious like without a plugin installed the camera is perfect…including homewave app acess.

maybe for this would be good have in some place the updated necessary files to install :

D_DigitalSecurityCamera1.xml or D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml

I_FoscamPTZ.xml

and anothers files…

this I think would simplify the setup process of this camera and anothers…

thanks for all working in better Vera and your devices.

[quote=“curiousB, post:333, topic:171931”]OK solved it. I had upgraded camera firmware to latest so went back one rev and now it works. Something to do with password encryption added in latest and it isn’t compatible with Vera.

I moved camera firmware back to 11.37.2.52 after promoting to 11.37.2.54[/quote]

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I have spent probably 2 days trying to figure out what I did wrong, because I have one Foscam 8910 working fine and then just ordered another and could not get it to work until I saw your post!!!

Installed the Regular FOSCAM plugin number 1978

I can’t create a device though. The plugin installs, but the device is not created even if I click
“create another”

I have uninstalled a few unused Plugins like iPhone locator, Virtual Switch, WeMo, and at least 2 more.
I also SSH in and deleted leftover files from those plugins by hand.

Still can’t create the device.

I am stumped.

oh, I reinstalled Virtual switch to see if I can actually install other plugins and have them create devices.
That worked fine and the V-switch whttp://forum.micasaverde.com/Smileys/classic/huh.gifas created.

I rebooted, and reloaded several times.

Ui5…

Color me ???

i had same problem, vera factory reset solved the problem but no ptz working (foscam 9821)
any input?

ptz is working with my modded implementationfile just a while back in this topic

I actually called MCV… first time in 4 or so years. They actually logged in and fixed it right away,

Good morning
Recently bought a vera Lite and have 2 problems
I have 4 cameras Foscam all work perfectly fi8905w two and two fi8910w.
The two fi8910w work well and was easy to add my lite vera.
One fi8905w work with vera lite but has a green theme vera (SD cam view) when accessed by internet explorer, is possibility to returning to Foscam interface (the firmware is 17.35.2.49)?
The other can fi8905w canot add to vera says (camera requires a valid username and password) I think it is the firmware have the latest 11.35.2.56. Already tried a few things but no sucess to give the image by vera.
Since i appreciate the help
Sorry for bad English

Same exact behavior, I am using a new veralite - all other apps work.
I am on UI6, i thought that was the issue but i see ppl with UI5 having the same problem.

Any way to fix with without factory reset? I have all my scenes and devices configured, I don’t want to re-do all my settings it would take me days.

P.S I want to add FI8919, this is why i wanted to try this app since the OOB doesnt work with it. My other foscams work right out of the box with the vista cam plugin.

[quote=“jimpapa, post:386, topic:171931”]Installed the Regular FOSCAM plugin number 1978

I can’t create a device though. The plugin installs, but the device is not created even if I click
“create another”

I have uninstalled a few unused Plugins like iPhone locator, Virtual Switch, WeMo, and at least 2 more.
I also SSH in and deleted leftover files from those plugins by hand.

Still can’t create the device.

I am stumped.

oh, I reinstalled Virtual switch to see if I can actually install other plugins and have them create devices.
That worked fine and the V-switch whttp://forum.micasaverde.com/Smileys/classic/huh.gifas created.

I rebooted, and reloaded several times.

Ui5…

Color me ???[/quote]

tried adding device in the apps>develop apps section ? just put in the box called “Upnp device filename” this : D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml and in the box called description this : camera

thanks for tring to help but dont work for me.
give the message : camera requires a valid username and password

Default user name is admin and password is empty

thanks for tring to help but dont work for me.
give the message : camera requires a valid username and password[/quote]
yeah you have to reload the UI before filling in user/pass and after this save and reload again. if u have the right login and it don’t work , try to put a older firmware on the foscam itself. plugins cannot handle the new secure login from foscam.

Hi there!

I have been struggling with getting the motion sensor functionality of my Foscams to work for some time now. Hope someone could help with some pointers…

My configuration:

I have two Foscam IP cameras, one 8910W and one 8918W.

My FW on the 8910W is 11.37.2.59 with Web UI 2.4.10.10.

My FW on the 8918W is 11.37.2.48 with Web UI 2.4.10.2

I have a Vera Lite, running UI5.

I have installed the plugin 3866 “VistaCam SD, PT & HD for UI5” and plugin 1978 “Foscam IP Camera” (one of these plugins might have been installed automatically by Vera).

I can add and control (i.e. pan) both cameras by adding them manually under Devices->Add devices->I want to add an IP Camera. It do not seem I can add a IP camera set to using another port then the default 80, but after I have added the device using port 80 I can change the port in the device setting and in the native Foscam UI. I use the modified URL (http://:/snapshot.cgi&user=&pass=) in the device settings.

If I change the “state” variable under advanced settings from -1 to 2 a Motion Sensor device is created automatically. The state variable is then changed automatically from 2 to 1. The newly created motion sensor device do not seem to work at all, even though the motion sensor functionality is active in the Foscam UI (Alarm Service Settings) and I receive emails from the camera itself.

Could someone take the time and write down a step-by-step guide on adding the 8910W or 8918W cameras to Vera and getting the motion sensor functionality up and running?

It seems I have read about thousands of forum threads and tried to install the devices a couple of hundred times without success. I would be willing to downgrade the FW on the cameras, sacrifice a goat or whatever would be needed. :S

EDIT: I gave it one more shot and it seems to work now! Yay! I wrote a small guide in case anyone else have the same issue: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,25282.0.html

I may have missed it searching through all these pages; what Foscams work with this plug-in? I am particularly interested in the outdoor camera: FI9828W

yeah you have to reload the UI before filling in user/pass and after this save and reload again. if u have the right login and it don't work , try to put a older firmware on the foscam itself. plugins cannot handle the new secure login from foscam.

I would be very careful going backwards on firmware. The new security firmware was to fix vulnerability to take over camera from outside.

[quote=“raven0130, post:398, topic:171931”]

yeah you have to reload the UI before filling in user/pass and after this save and reload again. if u have the right login and it don’t work , try to put a older firmware on the foscam itself. plugins cannot handle the new secure login from foscam.

I would be very careful going backwards on firmware. The new security firmware was to fix vulnerability to take over camera from outside.[/quote]

Its nice to have a fix for that vulnerability… but now I cannot access my camera with Vera or Authomation… as someone I gave access to my camera had upgraded my firmware to the newest version (without asking me). So I will have to downgrade unless there is a possibility of a plugin upgrade to handle the new security

[quote=“mikee123, post:399, topic:171931”][quote=“raven0130, post:398, topic:171931”]

I would be very careful going backwards on firmware. The new security firmware was to fix vulnerability to take over camera from outside.[/quote]

Its nice to have a fix for that vulnerability… but now I cannot access my camera with Vera or Authomation… as someone I gave access to my camera had upgraded my firmware to the newest version (without asking me). So I will have to downgrade unless there is a possibility of a plugin upgrade to handle the new security[/quote]

I understand. I just think the security breach would outweigh the functionality. I use the vistacam plugin for my foscam cameras. mine are upgraded to the new firmware and i’m able to control them. I was on this thread seeing if I should switch plugins…