Foscam IP Camera Plugin

[quote=“BOFH”]Holy Crap! I have an image on my FI9821W!!! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

For URL I used /cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=admin&pwd=password and left the user and password fields nblank. For some reason, with those entered there and not in the URL field I got a ‘camera URL is invalid’ error.[/quote]

Now if you can get motion sensor to work please tell me how. I have all the options and can choose my sensor but when I trigger the sensor the camera doesn’t take a photo…

Update: So i removed the cameras and readded them and that removed my lua errors. I now have motor sensors as a new device next to two cameras. Unfortunately, the motions sensors do not seem to trip. I have set the cameras sensors and my door and wemo sensor. Opened doors, walked past the wemo sensor and the camera sensors. Nothing seems to trigger the cameras to take a photo.

I am sure I am missing something basic. I am pretty close to getting this set-up just need someone to help me finalize my issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motionsensor seems no go. My old trick of setting the State to 2 does not generate a sensor device.
Also, Pan and Tilt is a no go. EIther with I_Foscam98HD.xml or I_FoscamPTZ.xml as implementation file,

At this point I’m just happy to have an image.

[quote=“BOFH, post:362, topic:171931”]Motionsensor seems no go. My old trick of setting the State to 2 does not generate a sensor device.
Also, Pan and Tilt is a no go. EIther with I_Foscam98HD.xml or I_FoscamPTZ.xml as implementation file,

At this point I’m just happy to have an image.[/quote]

Set the state to 1. Reload and wait a bit.

[quote=“BOFH, post:362, topic:171931”]Motionsensor seems no go. My old trick of setting the State to 2 does not generate a sensor device.

At this point I’m just happy to have an image.[/quote]

Have you been getting a Camera Not Responding on your Foscam HD cam? I do. It works at first but after a bit it shows camera up is not responding.

I have the cameras setup and working fine… Just the motion sensors I can’t get. I don’t have a state variable in my advanced section. Any help would be greatly appreciated… See snapshot below…

Add the port to your IP address and save/reload

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Add the port to your IP address and save/reload

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free[/quote]

I have the port in my ip address…

Which camera are you adding?

[quote=“Bboy486, post:368, topic:171931”]Which camera are you adding?

Foscam 9821w v2… Thanks for your help…

[quote=“djmarcox”][quote=“Bboy486, post:368, topic:171931”]Which camera are you adding?

Foscam 9821w v2… Thanks for your help…[/quote]

That what I thought. I have the same. Motion is not yet supported. But you should be able to use a door sensor or motion sensor to trigger the event is scenes, though I have had not lucky myself.

The camera keeps on producing images. The motion buttons just don’t respond. No error or ‘not implemented’, just no move.

As far as the motion sensor, I tried setting teh state to -1, 1 and 2 and multiple reloads. No motion sensor device was generated.

My camera not responding is because the port keeps disappearing from the IP address. Not sure why though.

This is because you have the Mac address field entered in the camera settings. You can not use a custom port with the Mac address entered. This is because vera will use the Mac address to try and keep the camera IP address updated if it were to change. Overriding the custom port. Either remove the Mac address or move back to port 80. This has been discussed many times.

• Garrett

Garrett,

I will try that but this only happens on the HD Foscam. You said it was discussed many time so I assume the camera model shouldn’t matter? My other two cameras don’t have this issue.

is it possible to have a table with supported foscam models and/or different supported functions in the opening post?

This thread is a freak’n mess. I will start a thread dedicated to FI8921W cameras with a summary of what is working/not & how. I wasted tons of time on this and hope others will not need to.

Please post it here as I just got mine in the mail today and have managed to get it into vera and see a picture for a moment but no live streaming and no PTZ.

keep in mind that when adding the I_Foscam98HD.xml filename to the device you first have to save +reload/reboot vera and then fill in the username and pass in settings page and save again and reload. it automaticly fills in the advanced settingspage and after you can change the adv. settings if needed. HD cams motionsensor does not work as its not implemented in the HD cam firmware.

That was what I was looking for!

I got the sensor to show up but it’s not working. It’s doesn’t trigger at all even though it’s activated in the camera settings