Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 - FGR-223 not included correct - showing 3 devices

Another example of auto-configuration gone bad. I would suggest to disable the auto configuration on this particular device. You can then delete the child device.
My observation is that it is all the over-zealous automation which is plaguing the vera. They tried to make things easier to do so that the users don’t need to be experts but they went too far. The whole zwave overloading (nightly heal, wakeup nnu, wakeup poll, polling rate, wake up intervals) is an example. The insane luup reloads insertion everywhere as if it was the fix it all response, and everything the luup reload does to the user-data (scene, plugins and device checks, auto delete and creation) is another. Auto checking and downloading plugins is yet another. The auto configuration is the last. We should be given the ability to disable all of that non-sense and fortunately we can on this one: Once you have your main device setup properly, set the auto configure variable to 0. Reload luup and delete the child device. It should not come back.

Rafale, all been there. No resolution, devices stop working or device ids change and logic breaks…

:flushed: Not sure how the device could stop working unless it was indeed not fully configured and never worked to begin with. It also shouldn’t change id if it is no longer being auto configured. I have a few devices I had to do this on. I also admit I do not use fibaro devices because I sense they are going a bit off the beaten path in terms of zwave standard in a move I guess to promote their own hubs and purposely making integration difficult for other hubs.

Well it happened multiple times hence the hours of support

Just to be sure. Do you mean you disabled device auto configuration by changing the device variable “AutoConfigure”, reloaded and had all the device id change as a result?

Edit: Just to try to help a little. I just did a quick search on this device and every single platform has problems with it… except the fibaro. I have a bunch of roller shutter controllers at home either from vision/monoprice which cost 1/3 of the fibaro or from my roller shutter maker (Somfy). Also cost a lot less besides anecdoticaly working out of the box without being officially supported.

For some of the devices I did that for after a few days the device id completely changed as if this was a new device (names were also default)

I have this issue for EZ100, fibaro (3in1), qubino, aeotec (6in1), etc.

Yeah all the devices you are listing are devices I tend to avoid because they do not follow standards.

1. Fibaro - blacklisted in my book.
  2. Aeotec (though workarounds have been found and I got them to work quite well though config was painful at times) I have posted in this forum as well. The plug dimmer or plug switch and the HEM all are a piece of work.
  3. Qubino (similar to fibaro but a little better with standards)

They are not just problematic with the vera and require quite a bit of work. As a matter of principle I avoid them so as to not promote divergent standards by funding them.

1 Like

This is an indication of a luup reload and a device deletion followed by a device creation. This is done by the luup reload process and to my understanding only if auto configure is enabled so I am at a loss as to why it would do that with that parameter disabled.

Curious. I’ve always found Fibaro to be most reliable and simplest.

What do you use then?

C

https://www.somfysystems.com/en-us/products/1870171/z-wave-digital-motor-interface

Bali autoview: these are really integrated Somfy modules:

Hi. My zwaveshop said on ther Website that Fibaro shutter 3 works with Vera .
Bought 4… no i found out with the Extra devices… hmmmm. Thinking like you and change to qubino shutter.

Does the qubino shutter work good?
/ Mattias

Yes works well, but need to pair within 1 meter of vera :zipper_mouth_face:

If you can find a Phillio Blind/Shutter Controller in your regional frequency, then you have a module that works with Vera.

Good morning, any updates on this subject? I added two FGR-223s, and having six devices now, just as described above…

…aaaaand one month later… anything new?

I have 3 on my way. Due to the situation, this is the only one I got. I’ll try to make a script to configure them as I did with the smart implant.

I made a ticket. Vera accessed remotely. Now the ghosts are gone. Don’t know what they did…

Hid them, I expect

C

1 Like

just paired my first of 3. I can’t add it to the load, since I need more tools to be delivered by Amazon in order to install the new blinds.

Overall, I think they’ve just set invisible attribute to 1, and nothing more. The device seems to work ok.

I’ll cook a script to hide them and post here just in case you want to do it after pairing more than 1, as I’ll do over the week-end.

EDIT: Technically speaking, this device is reporting two additional endpoints. That’s why it creates two children. They’re probably there to control tilt position, I guess.