Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 - FGR-223 not included correct - showing 3 devices

Including a FGR-223 device creates 3 devices of which the first two respond and the 3rd is a ghost. 1st device gets the name given with include. 2nd and 3rd get “_window covering” and “_window covering 1”.
So this device does not include succesful.

I will open a support case seperately.

Running latest firmware.

Let’s see if vera can make it’s promise true to support all zwave devises in the market. This is a mainstream device.

1 Like

Apart from the ghost-devices, is the device working?

I am asking because I have just ordered one…

Yes, the main device works. But as usual vera support is not so fast. I will return it and order a qubino which should be supported.

Any update here? I am facing same issue, seeing three devices for each roller shutter, operating redundantly (in my perception).

Furthermore:

• No “Fibaro Roller Shutter 3” device template available
  • Cannot configure switch type directly, need to send command 20
  • Cannot configure device directly as Venetian Blind, also need to go via Device Options and send a numerical command.
1 Like

Bought Qubino, works better with Vera. An I am mailing with support about all other sorts of problems…

Hi, how have you added FGR-223 if not available in device list?
As generic Z-wave device?
thank you
Roberto

I have actually tried both ways: Adding it as a FGR-222 (Roller Shutter 2) device and a generic z-wave device. Both ways ended up in getting three devices installed.

What makes the picture even worse is that I do not get a status, whether the shutter is closed or open resp. the devices show contradictory status.

Same issue here… added the fibaro roller shutter 3 in vera and i get for each module additional 3 more ghost roller shutters.

Waiting for an update…

I am using fibaro roller shutter 3 with firmware version 5.0. How about you?

Hi everyone,
I’m facing the same issues: Ghost devices, and the slider on mobile app does not position the shutter.
Does anyone have a solution?
Thank you a lot

@rafale77 do you see a pattern forming, possibly?

I have had problems like these before with a variety of devices but not recently. It’s interesting. I have not seen it in quite some time but I also have not included too many devices recently. I would guess this happens when the engine sees command classes which it either sees as redundant or does not recognize but why is a mystery.

For vera support it is as well. “I have removed the ghost devices” is the standard response 2 or 3 times a month for me… for the officially supported aeotec 6in1 motion sensor (fw1.13) now level 3 support is lookin into. But to be honest I dont have any hopes left.

I suspect you could cut out the middle man by getting AltUI and just hiding them?

C

That could be possible. But since the original device ids of the master also change every now and then and given the amount of ghosts (I am at device # 1300 (!) currently) this is not a solution but just playing with symptoms.

My point was more around that that’s what (I understand) the support team effectively do. They simply hide the devices.

I could be wrong, of course

C

You are right. What kind of sulution is that!? I can imagine having around 1300 devices of which god may know how many ghosts that all need some sort of processing or handling time will do with my vera.

I am more disappointed in this product every time I open this forum…

Simple to check, install AltUI and get it to show you invisible devices…

C

Yes, see my screenshot. They call this level 2 support!

Oh I see. Yes. Well…

C