Ezlo - WiFi device generator plugin is on the Market place

Is this meant to control ESP8266 WIFI devices that normally work with the TUYA or SmartLife apps?

Any Wifi based devices…from basic Wifi Switches like ESP based wifi devices to your Yamaha Amplifier which allows controls using http…

It’s local or publicly opened HTTP API.

So unless those devices have direct access for http command control then no.

Tuya Smart life is cloud and and the Ezlo devs would need to add integration for their cloud API with authentication.

You can flash some devices with 3rd party firmware for local control however.

The video guide offered in the first post is no longer there. I’m sure I could install this plugin but I’m not sure how to take advantage of it. I was hoping the video would help. There is also a mention of using this as a template which implies accessing the plugin files. I’m currently trying to get softhub and running and have no experience with docker. I assume I could use this plugin as a template on softhub but don’t know where to start.

I can ask @osman to upload that video again to YouTube. Not sure why its now missing.

I wrote this post recently about the IP Device Generator plugin and the concept of templates, which might give you some insight.

The Softhub acts like any other Ezlo controller and the plugins from the marketplace should be able to be used.

Also see this post, where I give an example of using the Wifi Device Generator plugin with IFTTT web hooks.

Logged in to Mios. Added the IP integration to my private plugins. Tried to install and got an error notification. Is the download supposed to work? It downloads a tar.gz file but it’s empty.

It should work, it was last time I installed it.

@osman please can you check the IP Device Generator plugin download / install is working?

Thanks.

The devs have replicated the issue and are looking into it.

I uploaded the video again to our youtube channel How to use Wifi/IP Device Generator Plugin in Ezlo EZLogic - Smart Home Automation - YouTube

Maybe try it again now.

I just downloaded it ezlo.wifi_device_generator.tar.gz and it was 7kb in file size.

No joy. Tried downloading again and again it is zero bytes. Deleted from my Private Plugins and then copied from the marketplace. Downloaded again and still empty.
Also tried with a different plugin - MQTT - same result - a zero byte download. I’m doing this on my Windows PC. I don’t have an Ezlo hub nor do I have Softhub running on this PC. Is that the problem?

Running into the same issue. Can download existing ones in my private plugins but cannot “install” or “upload” new ones.

Yep, I can go to marketplace and copy the IP Device Generator Plugin to my Ezlo. But, when I return to my Plugins and try to Manage Installation for IP Device Generator, I just get errors: “An error occurred while installing”.

Also, if I click on Download, I just get a blank screen.

Hello @Dan-n-Randy ,

We’ve replicated and escalated the issue for further review.
Thank you for the report.

Regards.

Would someone be willing to create a tutorial for how to do this for a very simple WiFi light switch? Just an on/off controlled one (no dimming). It seems WiFi devices are far more price competitive than ZWave. I’d like to add a wifi one to my system just for an A vs B test with ZWave.

Do you already have the Wifi switch ?

What ever wifi switch you use needs to be locally controllable via TCP / HTTP etc.

Like a Shelly one maybe. Not something I know much about to be honest as all my switches are Z-Wave.

How would it be if a database were created with Wifi devices where all parameters are known, where you can look up how to configure it?

Or even better: A wizard is installed where you select your WiFi device and then only IP and user/PW have to be entered.

I don’t think that the normal user will be able to integrate a Wifi device as it is.

Surely its down to the user to read the user manual of their wifi device to discover the http commands that can be used to control it. That’s what I did for my Hikvision cams.

I don’t think Ezlo can be expected to have a database for every wifi device that can be controlled locally via http commands.

Perhaps they could create some templates though for some of the more well known and popular devices however.

And more experienced users can create templates and publish them for other users to use as I have in this example.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get these HTTP commands out at all. The fact that this is in the instructions or data sheets from the manufacturer is, in my opinion, rather the exception. Of course, users could create and upload templates. I just don’t know if this type is the right one for it. I can understand that EZLO cannot use large resources here. But maybe EZLO can provide the basic framework. I was thinking of the following:

The user creates a template/integration for a Wifi device and uploads it to the EZLO database. From now on, this device will appear in the Add Device Wizard with the marking “not verified”. Other users now add this Wifi device via the wizard and can rate this integration with a button. If a number x of users have rated the integration as OK, the device is considered checked in the assistant.