Ezlo Weather and OpenWeather - Now with more data!

Hi everyone,

We have updated our native Ezlo Weather integration as well as our OpenWeather integration, latter of which you can use if you have an API key, to expand their capabilities, which means you can make use of an increased number of parameters for your MeshBot automations!

The new parameters include, in addition to temperature,

• Feels like temperature
  • Minimum and maximum temperatures for the day
  • Atmospheric pressure
  • Humidity
  • Weather description, e.g., Clear
  • Wind speed
  • As well as information on your selected location like its coordinations, if you like

To use the Ezlo Weather or OpenWeather integration, head into MeshBot automations and add it as an action. From there, you can assign any value provided by Ezlo Weather or OpenWeather to a cloud variable for use with your other MeshBots using our drag & drop interface.

5 Likes

Thanks for adding this functionality.

I tried creating a Notification Meshbot for a freeze warning but when I select “NuCAL” from the Node Type dropdown I get “Error” next to it and cannot proceed.

Hello Chuck,

Can you please include a screenshot of the Meshbot setup and the error you’re getting?

Here you go.

Hello Chuck,

We were able to replicate this on v 1.42.2 of Ezlogic. Before we go ahead and report this, can you try to set up the notification as a cloud Meshbot with a notification action?

Select a Cloud Automation Meshbot from the Meshbot type list.

Add a Notification action with a Cloud variable as a trigger

The cloud variable in there you will have to create by outputting the result of an EzloWeather request to that variable. In order to do this, create another test meshbot just to get the service started (you can do a cloud or local automation meshbot for this matter)

Under the action tab, select a NuCal action, select the EzloWeather or OpenWeather service, and select the account that you have set up from the Integration > NuCal tab on Ezlogic.

Select the Get Weather By City Name method. Enter your city name and temperature format

Scroll down and select Save output to cloud variable

Then, drag the main_Temp field from the json object into the field to the right

Then click on Test your variables

This should initiate your service and create a variable for you to use as a trigger in a cloud meshbot. You should be able to compare the value of that variable to 0 °C to get a freezing alert.

1 Like

Thank you for this reply.

Before I try your suggestion can you tell me if the ‘error’ is just a bug or has the feature not been implemented?

If not implemented do you (Ezlo) plan to support NuCal in Notification Meshbots and if so how soon - ball park figure?

It should be a bug. We’re going to be reporting this and deliver a fix soon.

1 Like

When I added Ezlo Weather it prompted me twice and I didn’t realize it and it created two instances. I deleted both and added it again and exited out when it prompted me for the second instance. But I see nothing on my Dashboard. Am I doing something wrong or it this yet again another bug?

Hello Tim, after adding Ezlo Weather you won’t see it reflected in the dashboard.

Have you tried to use the Ezlo Weather integration heading into MeshBot automation and add it as an action? From there, you can assign any value provided by Ezlo Weather to a cloud variable for use with your other MeshBots using our drag-and-drop interface. If yes, please include a screenshot of the error setup you’re getting.

We look forward to your feedback!

Greetings, Tim88!

In addition to our last reply, I tried to replicate the scenario on my end and noticed that the service that stores the variable is not keeping them when requested, so, according to the previous example, in order to get the temperature you would request the variable by using a meshbot:

In theory, after testing the variable, it should keep it.

And then using it to trigger the scene, but whenever we tried to use it, it is empty, so it is one of the reasons why the trigger is not complete for now:

But no worries, I have already requested my Dev team to work on this so you can get a resolution on this matter, we are sorry for the delay, but we assure you we are working in order to get it fixed! I’ll keep you posted.

I get the following error when I try to TEST
{error_code: 200, error_text: “{“data”:null,“nucalError”:“Error: Po model EzloWeather__1.0.0-MVP as name or parjectId does not exist!\n at PoConfig.getPoModel (/app/node_modules/po-module/config/PoConfig.js:139:13)\n at PoConfig.getMethodDefinition (/app/node_modules/po-module/config/PoConfig.js:145:35)\n at NucalParjectFlow.flowContinue (/app/node_modules/po-module/flow/NucalParjectFlow.js:56:41)\n at ExternalCustomerFlow.flowContinue (/app/node_modules/po-module/flow/ExternalCustomerFlow.js:45:37)\n at PoModule.orchestrate (/app/node_modules/po-module/PoModule.js:41:41)\n at /app/src/routes/custom.js:80:39\n at dispatch (/app/node_modules/koa-router/node_modules/koa-compose/index.js:44:32)\n at next (/app/node_modules/koa-router/node_modules/koa-compose/index.js:45:18)\n at /app/node_modules/koa-body/index.js:141:14\n at runMicrotasks ()”}”}

1. error_code: 200

2. error_text: "{“data”:null,“nucalError”:"Error: Po model EzloWeather__1.0.0-MVP as name or parjectId does not exist!\n at PoConfig.getPoModel (/app/node_modules/po-module/config/PoConfig.js:139:13)\n at PoConfig.getMethodDefinition (/app/node_modules/po-module/config/PoConfig.js:145:35)\n at NucalParjectFlow.flowContinue (/app/node_modules/po-module/flow/NucalParjectFlow.js:56:41)\n at ExternalCustomerFlow.flowContinue (/app/node_modules/po-module/flow/ExternalCustomerFlow.js:45:37)\n at PoModule.orchestrate (/app/node_modules/po-module/PoModule.js:41:41)\n at /app/src/routes/custom.js:80:39\n at dispatch (/app/node_modules/koa-router/node_modules/koa-compose/index.js:44:32)\n at next (/app/node_modules/koa-router/node_modules/koa-compose/index.js:45:18)\n at /app/node_modules/koa-body/index.js:141:14\n at runMicrotasks

Still getting this error and now I can’t delete the Ezlo Weather Enrollment?
It seems anything I try with this controller just doesn’t work.

So according to tech support this is being rewritten and there is not timeline for a fix. I thought this was a production unit and was beyond beta testing and code rewrites.

Any timeframe on when this will be resolved?

I still am unable to get this to work. I guess I must be doing something wrong?

Hello @Tim88
Sorry for the inconvenience you faced. We are still working on removing some technical limitations in this service. This service is temporarily disabled. We are removing it from the list of Cloud Services.
Meanwhile, you can use HTTP request in Local Meshbot with Open Weather API to get weather info.

I see the service is listed as available for installation, does that mean the issues have been resolved?

Any status on this?