Ezlo - Site Sensor Plugin is on the marketplace!

Hi everyone,

Our new plugin for Ezlo controllers, the Site Sensor plugin is now available on the marketplace. You can install it on your controller and start using it immediately.

The Site Sensor plugin is used to periodically make requests to a remote site.

With the Site Sensor plugin, you can configure a site to send requests to with an interval of your choosing, and create a sensor device for that site. You can then set actions based on the response you receive. These actions can be based on a certain response, or lack thereof.

To add this plugin to your controller, navigate to the Edge Plugins menu, and then to the Marketplace tab. Click the “Copy to my Ezlo” button and confirm your action in the following popup window.

Then navigate to the My Private Plugins tab, and click the Manage Installations button for the Site Sensor plugin. In the following popup window, click the Install button corresponding to your controller. Once the installation is complete, you will see a confirmation message in the top right corner.

You can now configure this plugin by clicking the Configure button. Give a name to the device to be generated by this plugin, specify the request interval and the URL to send the request. You can also

• Specify the HTTP method under Request Type,
  • Provide username and password credentials if logging in is required
  • Provide HTTP header, data, and content type if needed.

Click Save New Configure when done. You will see a confirmation message that the configuration has been saved successfully and that the device has been successfully added.

You can then navigate to the Devices list and see that your device has been created.

You can now use this device in your MeshBot automations.

Feel free to share your feedback here.

1 Like

@mert

What is the default polling interval in seconds?

Thanks

EDIT: It appears to be 60 seconds.

I still use Vera controllers. On one of them I use the brilliant SiteSensor plugin of @rigpapa to retrieve weatherdata of my PWS and weather forecasts from Wunderground in my Vera Plus controller.
Because Vera is EOL I’m curious if this new Site Sensor plugin with Ezlo has the same functionality including having all weatherdata in seperate sensordevices (like temlp, hum, wind, rain).
Does someone here test this and has it working ???

Hello!

Weather monitoring can be achieved on Ezlo controllers using NuCAL, which is a plugin that allows you to use multiple integrations with an extended variety of applications. However, we’re currently experiencing an issue with plugin installations on ezlogic.mios.com. We’ll get back and let you know how NuCAL works for weather monitoring as soon as the fix is deployed.

@slapfrost Thanks for your reply. NuCal is not an option for me. I don’t want to be dependent on external cloud servers, only if really needed (like getting the weatherforecast from Wunderground as I do now with the SiteSensor plugin on Vera.

So I repeat my question: can the new Ezlo plugin SiteSensor do this including loading the data into virtual (weather) sensors ??

We have a specific plugin for “IP” protocol where you can communicate with any other device (locally or on the net) as long as they are using the http(s) protocol. Let me know if you can’t do what you need with this pls.

You can watch this video done by one of our users.

More examples

https://community.ezlo.com/t/ezlo-wifi-ip-device-generator-plugin-templates-on-the-marketplace-hikvision-cams/219836/4

used to be called WiFi plugin but its renamed to “IP Device Generator Plugin”

I am confused today and not sure if my Site Sensor Plugin device is still working or not?

If I want to detect when a site is DOWN what value do I put in to the trigger? True or False ?

I assume I use “False” ?

I have tried both values and it no longer seems to be working when my Site is down, my rules action doesn’t appear to be running.

Thanks

My rules action sends a TTS announcement to a Google Home speaker, to warn me that the Site is “Down”.

I have tried True and False in my rules trigger, but both only seem to fire the rules action when the Site is back UP again, which appears to be wrong. I want the action to run when the site is DOWN.

The site sensor plugin appears to be the same version it was before 1.0.9 and doesn’t look to have been updated on the Marketplace.

So not sure what’s going on or why it seems to be behaving strangely now.

OK I have deleted this rule now and created a brand new one the same.

I have set the Site Sensor trigger value to “False” which I think is correct.

But the rules action still only seems to run when the Site is back UP.

It does not run the rules action when the site goes DOWN. Which is what I want to happen.

So there appears to be some issue with it currently ?

Thanks.

My issue seems to be related to a “bug” mentioned in this post.

I also tried using NOT in my Site Sensor trigger and now when I shutdown my website the rules action is run, notifying me the site has gone DOWN. So clearly a bug here.

1 Like

Hello,

Am I the only one having this issue with the Site Sensor Plugin?
In Meshbot Trigger I only have the Switch capabilities, the Response capability is not available.
Thanks
Pascal.

I can only see “Switch” capability also. However that’s all I’ve ever used.

Was there a “Response” option before?

Screenshot_20230531-181611_Chrome

As per this documentation Ezlo SiteSensor Plugin - help.mios.com
The last part at the bottom says we can use response.

Since a week I’m trying to find a way to extract a value from openweather,
The response I get is called a json format I think, from this value I want to trigger something with the clouds % in the json value.
I know something can be done using a lua script to decode this json value but I’m not a developper. I have having issues I think about calling the json module.

Then found out about this SiteSensor plugin and I think it would have been perfect for me if I can use the response Capability

I have just been told the following by the plugin developer.

““Response” capability removed from plugin in version 1.0.9”

I asked why and they said

“Some users loaded very large pages, which caused the hub to work incorrectly”

I then asked would they review this feature and maybe add it back in again in the future?

“We need to discuss this issue, perhaps we will return this feature but with limits on the size of the downloaded data.”

So hopefully they will look at the issues and address them.

I think you might be able to do what you want an other way instead, perhaps look at creating a Meshbot rule with a HTTP Request Action sending your HTTP call to OpenWeather, there is a tick box for save output to local variable, you then might be able to parse that stored data for clouds % into another local variable and then you could use that maybe in your trigger of another Meshbot rule etc.

Do you have an example OpenWeather API HTTP command I could look at ?

I think I might have an API key from OpenWeather so could maybe play around with it.

EDIT - I clicked your link to their site, looks like you have to subscribe? Do they not still have any free API calls you can use ?

EDIT 2: These API calls can be used for free.

Current Weather

https://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/weather?lat={lat}&lon={lon}&appid={API key}

5 day weather forecast

https://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/forecast?lat={lat}&lon={lon}&appid={API key}

Another option / possible way to do it is by using “Ezlo Weather”. Its a “Nucal” cloud integration there is a menu option for Nucal in the Ezlogic web UI. Under Integrations → Cloud Services

And you can then create a Meshbot rule to pull down weather data from the Ezlo Weather cloud service and probably parse out the particular data you want, to use in a variable as a trigger for another Meshbot rule etc.

Think they may also even support OpenWeather via this Nucal Cloud Integration service but I’ve not tried it.

Thanks for your reply and info

I already tried to other way with an http request. My http request works fine, the response is saved to my local variable (weather):
That’s the other step to parse this data for clouds that I’m no expert and need help with.
In Meshbot trigger, I choose my local variable (weather) then use the comparator Equal, but I’m not sure what to put in the value field so it confirms only the cloud value
Thank you

I have spoken to the developers about this step and I don’t think its possible yet on the system. I am still looking into it.

However I may have another way for you to do it. I have just written you a user guide For More Info, give that a go.

1 Like

Ohh Wow thank you very much that worked for me finally :slight_smile:
Your guide is amazing.
The issue I had was at the (Save Output) step:
Save output to local variable → we can’t select any specific value from the data structure
But then after choosing (save output to cloud variable) I was able to choose the clouds value then created a trigger using that cloud variable.
Thank you again for your help

1 Like