EZLO secure feedback

Yes so far its been a Painful transition- My first several device moves(to the ezlo plus) have either did not pair up- or when finally have them pair-and they were “Buggy” to the point of not functional ect. SO far no 3rd party apps- No PC based GUI. Currently many tickets requesting device to be fixed-that were working fine in Vera Plus…But they are “working thru the issues”. I am to the point stopping the changeover to new elzo Plus- for at least another month.

Hi Patrick,

I really wish you would have mentioned to our support team that you were planning to get one of the Ezlo controllers. If you did, then I’m pretty sure you were linked to the Ezlo platform FAQ:

In the FAQ, several of the items you mentioned are addressed.

That said, the web UI, as well as the option to transfer your Vera system onto your Ezlo system is being developed at the moment and expected to be ready soon for the migration option, and during summer for the web UI. Since it is a whole new platform, it is expected that the plugins from the Vera platform are not going to work. However, the FAQ puts it in better words than I do:

We know the platform will get better as time goes, but that’s only if you’re willing to wait. How long? I would be lying if I told you how long, because, honestly, we don’t know. At the moment we only have estimates.

As correctly informed by @cw-kid, those are third-party plugins, so it is up to those plugin developers to keep them up to date and working, and they usually do, expanding the capabilities of Vera, for which we are very grateful. The MyQ plugin was actually kept alive by users of this forum for a long time after its original developer deprecated it, but finally MyQ entirely dropped support for their V4 API, making it impossible to keep fixing the existing plugin, and requiring full development of a new one, which we don’t know if someone is developing.

By the way, Oscar is not the only member of the support team. We are a small support team, doing our best to help everyone as swiftly as we can. We’re sorry if that’s not enough for you, but that’s what we have so far, and we’re currently working on growing the team for you, our valued customers.

Regards.

Where can I find out how to add lua to a scene with the EZLO Plus? The Vera had a code section in the scene creator. I don’t see that in the app.

It’s there look harder. In the Scene actions you can add Lua script code.

But don’t expect to just copy and paste your existing Vera lua codes as they won’t work, since they have changed all the underlying Luup properties.

So steep learning curve again for us all.

I was trying to upload a short video I made showing you how to get to the Lua scripts option in the scene actions but it will not allow anything other than jpg, jpeg, png, gif, zip, pdf, and svg files here, so here goes the simplified worded version:

Open the Vera app and connect to the Ezlo Plus>Menu>Scenes>Tap edit option on the scene you want to include Lua code in>Add action>LUA script.

Now, I’m just at the very base level of tech support, so I don’t really know what you would be able to put there to be honest. I am at the very most kind of familiar with commonly used luup code in the Vera platform. I mean, I can read it and infer what it does from that it says, but I cannot write it myself from scratch.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Hi Thanks for trying to help. This is all I get when I add action.

Check your app version and make sure you have the latest. My screen looks like this

Here you can find lua examples

Hello @Grwebster,

Please make sure your phone is running the latest version of the VeraMobile app that can be found here for Android and here for iOS and let us know if the option for LUA scripts still doesn’t show up.

Best regards.

I, too, bought an Ezlo Secure back in January with the intent of replacing my Vera Plus with 90+ devices. Sadly, I haven’t even taken the Ezlo out of the box after reading that there is neither Web UI nor support for beloved plugins such as Reactor, Harmony, or LIFX.
I knew there was no smooth upgrade path to the Ezlo Secure and I was willing to rebuild my entire system from scratch, but without Web UI and plugins like Reactor, my new Ezlo will remain in the box until I read that it has become more functional for me.

Hello!

Feel free to contact us if you need any help setting up your controller.

Best regards from the customer care team!

1 Like

Are you working on porting the existing Harmony plugin over to Ezlo?

1 Like

Not that I’m aware of. The Harmony plugin for Vera is developed by a third-party, so I doubt it will be ported by our developers. That said, the integration request for the Logitech Harmony Hub/Remotes is listed here under WiFi Integrations:

Yes I am aware it was developer by a 3rd party named Rene.

But I won’t be migrating to an Ezlo hub unless its ported over either by him or you.

It’s on the integration requests list, so hopefully, it will be the case sooner than later :slight_smile:

@Leandro

Can you add this URL to your “Integration requests list” in regard to the Logitech Harmony hubs?

Its the user guide for the current Vera Harmony plugin and shows all its features and capabilities etc that we are using today and we will need in any Ezlo produced integration also, especially the HTTP server API it creates and exposes, so you can send simple one line HTTP commands to the Vera hub / Harmony plugin to then control some Harmony power on / off activity or even individual IR device commands can be sent out.

Thanks

Hi @cw-kid,

At this moment the Ezlo firmware lacks the capabilities to port the plugin. Once it will become possible I will have to think hard if I want to spend that many hours the complete rewrite will need as it can still run on openLuup as it is today.

Cheers Rene

I know and that is the problem for many 3rd party plugin developers and presumably for Ezlo themselves also.

Ezlo will likely do their own Harmony integration like they have just done for Broadlink, but I can tell you now with my gut instincts, that any such Elzo created integration for Harmony hubs will be a pale and far inferior comparison to your own Harmony plugin for Vera hubs and what it can do !

1 Like

Added to the list under WiFi Integrations: Tell us which integrations you want us to make for the EZLO PLATFORM please

And on the same integrations list under plugins, it is already listed as well: