EZLO plus vs Vera Plus

Hi Ryan,

There won’t be updates on this coming from support until we get those updates from the Android development team. Most likely, you will get to know it is fixed on an upcoming app update where it will be reported in the What’s new section in the Google Play Store, unless the developers report it here first.

I need to know when a new version of the iOS app is going to be released. The current 20 scene limit is becoming a real impediment to my Vera to Ezlo migration.

I’m about ready to abandon Ezlo entirely and go back to my Vera Plus. My list of outstanding issues has grown to 6 with 3 of them being deal breakers.

I feel like I might as well get into the beta program. Can’t imagine it being much worse than what I’m experiencing now and at least I’d get updates quicker.

Hi Donnelly,

We do not have an ETA for the release of the app with the fix for the scenes issue, we only know what we’ve been informed, which is that the fixed app is going through QA and should be released soon.

I had the same thing on the iOS app. I wonder if it has a 20 scene limit???

It is a bug currently being worked on. There should be no limit as low as 20. It is closer to 100 as far as I’ve read.

Hi Ryan,

The beta version with the fix for the 20 scene limit along with other several fixes has already been pushed to Google Play Store and Firebase:

Give it a try and let us know.

For those on iOS, we also expect the fixed version to be released soon.

1 Like

Update - I tested the 20 scene limit yesterday (March 24), and it is still true. Once I had 20 scenes created, the “+” became “grayed-out” and no more could be added. This is in the iOS app.

Yes, that’s because the release for iOS with the fix has not yet been made, only for Android so far. The iOS fixed version should be released soon as well.

The new release is still not in google play. Where is firebase or whatever it is called where it can be downloaded?

Hi Ryan,

Here’s the Firebase enrollment information:

The version in firebase is 7.67.1.73

Hi, again, Leandro

I just replied to you on another thread about our controller issues. I did not say, but should, that my app is on the iPhone platform rather than an android platform.

Yeah, the Apple App Store does take a bit longer to approve update app releases, and their ecosystem does not allow for third-party app distribution services like Firebase, so there’s no other option than exercising a bit more patience, and I’m aware you’ve been quite patient so far.

You’re right. But on the plus side, whenever the developer puts an update “out there”, the iPhone automatically updates the apps. So I would expect the app to stay current, even if I don’t do anything to manually update it.

That’s right. As long as the App Store is setup to automatically update your apps, it will be applied automatically once Apple approves it.

I am posting here now as the thread I was in appears to be closed. I have the most recent app on my iPhone and iPad 3.51, but no option is given for lua programing. Not sure why the original thread was closed, but it would be good to resolve this one.

I’m inquiring about this since the option does show up in the Android version of the app, and I currently have no iOS devices to test in. Once I get someone else from our team to check on the iOS app if the option is also missing for them I will let you know here.

Thanks. The IOS version appears to be about 2 months old. Do you have a cadence for releases? I know my company goes for once a month or so.

Most welcome. There are no scheduled updates that I’m aware of, I’ve seen it update 3 times in a month, as I’ve also seen it not receive an update in 3 months, so I wouldn’t really be able to tell you how often it is updated. I know that several bugs are being taken care of based on the reports we’ve received here in the forum, so I would guess an update is soon to go live for the iOS version of the app. The beta releases for Android tend to be more easily released since we have an alternative option there aside from the official Google Play Store, but that’s not the case for Apple and their rigidness.

I was under the impression that there was a new iOS version of the app done and awaiting Apple approval. Is this incorrect?

So the question is 3.51 the latest for IOS, and if so where is the lua option?