EUROtronic SPIRIT Z-Wave Plus working with Vera (Plus)?

The “Auto” button is gone. But I’ve got still Off, Comfort and Eco. I also don’t have the D_ThermostatWithEcoComfort1.xml. Can you upload this file?

I don’t think setting automatically configure to NO is the solution. For me, changing the set temperature through the Vera doesn’t work anymore when automatically configure is set to NO, which is crucial.

I’ve replaced the batteries for the first time on one of my Spirits, but the battery symbol stays at 1%. Is there any button combination like on the Fibaro smoke detectors to reset the battery status to 100%?

Not that i know of. I’ve had many issues with the spirits, but the battery status seems to work fine (without polling), also after replacements. Might need some time to update?

The update on batteries tend to take time, depending on the device. I have door sensors that update right away and motion sensors that take a couple of hours.

Almost 24h have past. The battery still says 1%. Maybe it’s a bug of the 7.31 beta.

Coincidentally, my Zooz 4 in 1 sensor in the master bathroom suddenly had a low battery last night. My clue was the bathroom light staying on long after going to bed, and it going on and off during the night as false motion triggers were being sent. Battery went from 100% to 1% literally overnight.

I changed the battery around 6:45 am this morning. Battery was reported 1% most of the day. I do not know when it updated but as of right now, over 12 hours later, it is reported at 100%.

My wakeup interval on this device is set at 43200 seconds, which is 12 hours. I typically set battery devices to 86400 seconds to save a little battery, which I just did changed. So in the morning sometime, I expect a 24 hour wake up interval in the future. I also have polling set to 0.

You may want to double check the wakeup interval setting.

See this

And this

I’ve replaced the Spirit with a new one and now the battery symbol is completely gone. But that’s the minor problem. I had the hope that the old Spirit I replaced was faulty but the new one behaves exactly the same:

From time to time (every 1 or 2 days) the display of the Spirit says “InS” with the wrench symbol and display light permanently on. After pressing the “O” Button several times (I hear the engine working) the display says “Err1” or “Err3” and then “PrP” and again “InS”. The only solution to get it back to work is by removing the batteries and insert them back again. Did anybody notice some kind of that error?

Err1 means “No valve movement possible”
Err3 means “Closing point not recognized”

I’ve never seen that behavior. And if 7.31 is the cause, I’m sticking to 7.29! The Spirits are not “integrated” and therefore I’m affraid not much effort will go into solving this :frowning:

By the way: has anyone ever tried the Zigbee version of the Spirit? Just curious.

Well I have 7 Spirits - 5 old ones and 2 that was bought recently. Both the two new ones don’t have battery symbol in Vera UI, so this is probaby some firmware issue.

Also I have problem with the new one with “Off” setting - quite often valve is not completly closed, as described here:

This is happening only with the new one Spirits, I never had the same problem with old ones.

So I need to do “manual calibration” which means do on-off cycle several times to make sure it is really OFF :confused:

And there comes my question: how could I set Spirit to Boost mode using LUA?
I see in the manual that thermostat mode could be set to 0x01 (=HeatOn) or 0x0B (=Boost mode), but could I just pass 0x0B as value for NewModeTarget, like this:
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:HVAC_UserOperatingMode1", "SetModeTarget", {NewModeTarget = "0x0B"}, device_id)

Hi all,

I am new to Vera Plus having used Devolo for the past few years. Some observations thus far

All my Spirit TRV’s had working battery indication in Devolo, but when integrating them into Vera only ONE has it, the FIRST one I moved across.

I am very keen to see Vera integrate the Spirit TRV fully, it’s a little concerning to see “Can’t Detect Device” appear at random all the time!

Question: How do I make the Spirit TRV’s re-learn endpoints/calibration?

Ian.

In most cases, bat. level can appears, when changed.

About can’t detect: Check please, all variables with “poll” substring and put here
(during “can’t detect”) :slight_smile:

I assume you mean from Device Settings, per below:-

SETTINGS:
Poll this node = blank

ADVANCED/PARAMS:
poll = 1582582001-0,1582585766-0,1582587248-0,1582587775-0,1582589255-0,1582589976-0,1582590302-0,1582590811-0,1582591981-0,1582592711-0,1582603536-0,1582614349-0,1582615963-0,1582624877-0,1582625345-0,1582625589-0,1582626474-0,1582627355-0,1582628044-0,1582629696-0,1582631081-0,1582631298-0,1582631712-0,1582632579-0,1582632866-0,1582633684-0,1582634571-0,1582637688-0,1582638539-0,1582649368-0,1582650021-0,1582651607-0

ADVANCED/VARIABLES:
PollNoReply = 32
ConsecutivePollFails = 32
PollRatings = 0.00

Ian.

I hate Vera for buggy polls.
Every second device not fully compatible with Vera.

Workaround:
Set poll to 0 (zero) in settings. Really, Spirit does not need to be polled.
This device can push data to controller, whenever it changed.

Set poll to 0
Mode - heat (always), set temperature and forget about for two years.
After two years - replace batterys.

Hi all,
Well that was short and sweet…I’ve put aside Vera (calm words for dumped) and may revisit it again in the future. Too many bugs…
My SSR-303 Boiler Switch randomly switches off, and whilst a Smartplug (same idea) is fine I ran them in parallel on the same scenes etc.
And I contemplated ripping the guts out of the Smartplug and putting it into the SSR-303 housing…however, the Spirit valves either don’t show temperatures, allow the radiator to go too hot (out of control! set to 21degC but temp goes up to 25degC and have to pull the batteries) or show up as device error in Vera.
I may be back, but for now have fitted a timer switch and put normal manual TRV’s on all my radiators.
I suffered at the hands of Devolo bug after bug and taking months/years to fix…and I am not about to do the same with Vera.
Ian.

1 Like

Are thermostats in HEAT mode?

Mine?..yes they are. I have read these threads inside out.

After a bit of a review here’s my opinion of whats wrong with the Spirit TRV in relation to the valve appearing to stop actively controlling the radiator temperature and the room temp rising right up, or cooling right down i.e. 21degC set on TRV, but then the TRV ends up recording say up to 25degC in teh room and does nothing to fix that (close its valve!).
I have to either refit the batteries or operated the valve controls up and down and then back to 21degC.

So, I think under normal, best circumstances the TRV can control the temp just fine, but in the event the various radiators in a house are not balanced then you could theoretically open a valve in a bedroom and the radiator in the living room could start cooling. I think this is where the Spirit TRV falls over.
I believe some logic is employed by the TRV to “learn” it’s endpoints and also its various positions throughout it’s range and the corresponding target temps verses actual temps.
But then when this “calibration” is distrurbed, i.e. another radiator in the house is opened then the Spirit TRV in the living room gets confused and stops reacting…

I work in electronics design and it appears the “what if” questions were never asked of the design in enough quantity.

IMHO.

Ian.

Could you remove the TVR temp readings from the issue by having seperate temperature sensors?

Then use the sensors in each room to open close the TVR’s.
May be move the whole logic to Reactor.
Using Reactor you maybe able to use TVR’s temps but keep actions seperate.