EUROtronic SPIRIT Z-Wave Plus working with Vera (Plus)?

Hi,
has anyone experience with the new EUROtronic SPIRIT Z-Wave Plus radiator thermostat yet?

https://www.eurotronic.org/en/products/spirit-z-wave-plus.html

Is it working with Vera Plus?

Thanks Dirk

Seems to be working with UI7

I have the EUROtronic SPIRIT TRV working with Vera Lite firmware 1.7.987.

Setting the temperature set point works within a few second.

There is a small problem that you get ā€˜Device NOT respondingā€™ followed by ā€˜Device responding againā€™ messages every few hours, even though the Vera Lite and TRV within 20cm of each other.

Iā€™ve just installed two SPIRITā€™s as replacements for two of my Danfoss Living Connect radiator thermostat. Unfortunately Vera doesnā€™t have the device in the list yet, so I went for generic device. Itā€™s recognized as thermostat, while my Danfoss devices were recognized as ā€œheaterā€. Not sure if thatā€™s going to be a problem, but it does give some extra buttons (heat, auto, cool, off) for which I have found no use (yet). If anyone has advise on this, Iā€™m all ears.

The SPIRIT so far has major advantages over the Danfoss LC:

• Immediate response due to FLiRS technology (will have to see what that does with the battery)
  • Z-wave Plus
  • Shows actual temperature (not yet cross checked it, but at least it seems somewhat realistic, which is not bad considering it is next to the radiator)
  • Much better user feedback, for example during installation (Danfoss actually totally sucked on that)
  • Range seems better. Danfoss in our bedroom always had problems with connection, SPIRIT is flawless so far.
  • Bigger screen, readable from above! (When trying to read the Danfoss I always break my back)
  • Much better and responsive buttons (the Danfoss has something weird that the first 5 seconds it doesnā€™t respond, all units have that so its not a defect)
  • The SPIRIT is actually meant to be used as a Z-wave devices and documented as such

Things to consider:

• The SPIRIT is somewhat bigger than the Danfoss. Itā€™s not round even though it seems like that on pictures. Not a problem for me though.
  • The supplied adapters are a joke. Cheap pieces of plastic that you have to find out yourself how to fix. I suggest buying real adapters. I re-used the adapters I already had for my Danfoss.
  • If you change the temperature on the device itself, reporting back the setpoint to the Vera seems to take a long time, or it might never report it back (havenā€™t waited long enough yet). This is only a problem is you want to see what the set point is through the interface. If anyone has a fix for this, Iā€™d really like to hear.

Writing all this down, I just might find myself buying more replacements for the other Danfoss LCā€™s pretty soon ā€¦

I suppose this is due to the feature of reporting temperature back.
I have Danfoss, Comet (predecessor of Spirit) and a Devolo, which is mainly a Danfoss with added feature of reporting temp. to the controller.
Devolo is recognized same way as Comet (thermostat) while Danfoss appears as ā€œheaterā€ regardless that the only difference is (as far as I know) some tweak in firmware.
Iā€™ve put it on ā€œheatā€ by default.

As I said, I donā€™t have Spirit but for comet the difference between measures reported by it and for example Netatmo sensor located in center of the room was about 0,5 C, for me acceptable.
Iā€™ve compared also readings from Devolo, and it keeps the match. Knowing that Devolo is a clone of Danfoss, you should expect similar accuracy from Danfoss, even though it doesnā€™t report readings to the controller.

Good afternoon,

I have two Spirits.

Initially they worked very well. But they seem to go on stand by or something for some reason. After a while (have not checked after how long) they do not report the current temperature any more, and show up in the dashboard as ā€œCanā€™t Detect Deviceā€. They do not seem to respond very well to temp changes in the room any more (getting too cold / too hot in the room). After increasing / decreasing the temp (either manually, or by app) they are up and running again for some time.

Am I doing something wrong?

[quote=ā€œEricwithVera, post:6, topic:197409ā€]Good afternoon,

I have two Spirits.

Initially they worked very well. But they seem to go on stand by or something for some reason. After a while (have not checked after how long) they do not report the current temperature any more, and show up in the dashboard as ā€œCanā€™t Detect Deviceā€. They do not seem to respond very well to temp changes in the room any more (getting too cold / too hot in the room). After increasing / decreasing the temp (either manually, or by app) they are up and running again for some time.

Am I doing something wrong?[/quote]

Anybody?

[quote=ā€œEricwithVera, post:6, topic:197409ā€]Good afternoon,

I have two Spirits.

Am I doing something wrong?[/quote]

Hi EricwithVera, I had the same ā€œCanā€™t Detect Deviceā€ error and I managed to get rid of it. But to be honest, Iā€™m not sure if I did the right thing. What I assumed was that the polling of the battery-operated device caused the error. Since itā€™s battery-operated, I donā€™t think polling is necessary, since info is sent on wakeup. Therefore I set the polling to 0 (never) in ā€œSettingsā€. After this, I do not get the error anymore and everything still works.

Sorry for the late reply,

Will try it thks!

Eric

Hi all,
I have added an integration request to our Development Team for the EUROtronic SPIRIT Z-Wave Plus radiator thermostat.

Hi,

I think after the last firmware update, i cant control my spirit through vera, my danfoss works fineā€¦ but if i send a http command to control the spirit it works. By that i mean that the vera shows me the new value, but the spirit dosent change, but it works if i send a http sommand with the value. Hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

any progress on the integration side of things? any news anyone can share?

I donā€™t see any issue on the newest firmware (1.7.4001 on Plus) so itā€™s probably not the problem with firmware.
You may try sending ā€œconfirgure node right nowā€ command and see if it helps

@kwieto you added it as generic zwave device?

I always get ā€œERROR: Unable to get any information on nodeā€¦ā€ and I just tried ā€œconfigure node right nowā€.
Does it work 100% for you? Sounds strange that it works for some users and does not for others?

I donā€™t see any issue on the newest firmware (1.7.4001 on Plus) so itā€™s probably not the problem with firmware.
You may try sending ā€œconfirgure node right nowā€ command and see if it helps[/quote]
I done that, still no control through vera (change of temperature or using scenes) it did work before, now the only way i can change is through my node-red by sending a URL, then the thermostat is changing the temperature

i have got it, and it work well. only with option ā€œheatā€ ,but it works great. fast temperature change, never trying scenes with spirit but i can check it if someone need info.

[quote=ā€œtobsch, post:14, topic:197409ā€]I always get ā€œERROR: Unable to get any information on nodeā€¦ā€ and I just tried ā€œconfigure node right nowā€.
Does it work 100% for you? Sounds strange that it works for some users and does not for others?[/quote]

Maybe there is something wrong with the device itself?
I donā€™t remember how I added it, but most probably as a generic device. But it configured correctly, the only thing I needed to change was setting polling to ā€œ0ā€.
I donā€™t have any issues with steering them via UI or scenes.
I have once the case when one of them didnā€™t respond to the scene setting lower temperature for night, then the other didinā€™t react a day or two later. I changed temp. manually via buttons and since then there are no new issues, everything work.
By the way Iā€™ve had similar problems (not responding to a scene) with other radiator heads I have (2x Comet and 1x Devolo), in worst case I had to remove batteries and put back again. It was more or less same month as the issue with Spirit, and similar to the Spiritā€™s case, no issues since then.
Hard to say if it was some glitch in the units after long period of inactivity during summer time, some issues in Vera (since all radiator heads were affected, even if not at the same day), or something else.

[quote=ā€œkwieto, post:17, topic:197409ā€][quote=ā€œtobsch, post:14, topic:197409ā€]I always get ā€œERROR: Unable to get any information on nodeā€¦ā€ and I just tried ā€œconfigure node right nowā€.
Does it work 100% for you? Sounds strange that it works for some users and does not for others?[/quote]

Maybe there is something wrong with the device itself?
I donā€™t remember how I added it, but most probably as a generic device. But it configured correctly, the only thing I needed to change was setting polling to ā€œ0ā€.
I donā€™t have any issues with steering them via UI or scenes.
I have once the case when one of them didnā€™t respond to the scene setting lower temperature for night, then the other didinā€™t react a day or two later. I changed temp. manually via buttons and since then there are no new issues, everything work.
By the way Iā€™ve had similar problems (not responding to a scene) with other radiator heads I have (2x Comet and 1x Devolo), in worst case I had to remove batteries and put back again. It was more or less same month as the issue with Spirit, and similar to the Spiritā€™s case, no issues since then.
Hard to say if it was some glitch in the units after long period of inactivity during summer time, some issues in Vera (since all radiator heads were affected, even if not at the same day), or something else.[/quote]

After i set mine to polling 0, they work :smiley: Thanks

How about the temperatur reporting, does it work too ?

Yes